14 November 2016, 14:13
Jewish community of Russia agrees with the Russian vice premier about consistent eradication of xenophobia in Russia
Moscow, November 14, Interfax - President of the Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia Alexander Boroda agrees with Russian Deputy Prime Minister Sergey Prikhodko that Russia and Israel are allies in opposing falsification of history and making heroes of Nazi hangers on.
Last week Prikhodko told the journalists that Russia and Israel are united by "hostility to antisemitism and other manifestations of xenophobia and inter-ethnic hatred" and they jointly stand against "falsification of history, against reviewing the results of World War II and attempts of heroization of Fascist hangers on, depreciation of the Soviet Union's key contribution in victory over Nazi Germany, negating Holocaust."
According to the FJCR president Alexander Boroda, his words are "visible confirmation of the fact the Jewish community of Russia has been speaking about during recent years: Russia, which had been a symbol of antisemitism and enriched several languages with the word "pogrom", actively stands against manifestations of xenophobia and ethnic discord.
Boroda noted that thanks to changes in legislation, people who had actively promoted xenophobia "prefer to be as quiet as possible not to attract attention of the law enforcement agencies."
"Falsification of history and attempts of heroizing those who served Nazis are painful to Russia and Israel as the both countries remember what a high price they paid for liberating from Nazism," the Jewish leader stressed and added that "negating Holocaust is a direct road to negating and justifying other Nazi atrocities and misanthropic ideology of the Third Reich."
- Russian Orthodox priests to consecrate all oceans on Epiphany eve 18 January 2018, 15:58
- Continued attacks on churches of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church 17 January 2018, 16:42
- Priest Grozovsky to appeal 14-year pedophilia sentence 17 January 2018, 10:32
- Priest Grozovsky gets 14 years in high-security prison for pedophilia 17 January 2018, 10:12
- Directorate of Muslims of Uzbekistan disagrees with U.S. State Dept analysis of religious freedom in republic 15 January 2018, 16:24
- Putin's comparison of Lenin Mausoleum to veneration of holy relics not sensational - Peskov 15 January 2018, 14:08
- Putin defines New Valaam Monastery relics saved by Finland as unifying force 15 January 2018, 10:44
- Putin's words about similarity of Communism, Christianity smooth things over Lenin Mausoleum - CPRF 15 January 2018, 10:43
- Communist ideology similar to Christianity - Putin 15 January 2018, 10:00
- Russians have become more intolerant to treachery, abortions and homosexual connections for twenty years - poll 11 January 2018, 17:56
- Brother of leader of Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan calls on extremists to 'open their eyes' 11 January 2018, 17:39
- Orthodox children in Syrian Latakia received Christmas gifts from Moscow parish 09 January 2018, 18:41
- St. Petersburg among Russia's top three most popular places to spend Orthodox Christmas 09 January 2018, 14:36
- Patriarch Kirill concerned by social disintegration 07 January 2018, 16:57
- Church not going to hinder expert work on "Yekaterinburg remains" - Patriarch Kirill 07 January 2018, 16:56
- Putin offers Christmas greetings to Orthodox Christians 07 January 2018, 11:18
- Russia can have twice as many churches in 30 years - Metropolitan Hilarion 26 December 2017, 18:26
- Not less than 120 churches in Syria need to be restored - Metropolitan Hilarion 26 December 2017, 18:02
- Priestly ordination gives Feodor Konyukhov special power, his wife believes 25 December 2017, 16:31
- No one needs conflict in Donbass, it weakens all those involved - Patriarch Kirill 25 December 2017, 13:06
- All conditions of prisoner exchange in Donbass approved - Patriarch Kirill 25 December 2017, 11:43
- All ethnic and religious groups, parties and armed groups invited to Syrian National Dialogue Congress - Shoigu 22 December 2017, 17:40
- Scharansky is impressed by positive changes in life of Russian Jews 22 December 2017, 10:51
- Vucic invites Putin to Belgrade for 800th anniversary of autocephaly of Serbian Orthodox Church 20 December 2017, 10:43
- Governors should be evaluated for their affairs, not longevity of their rule, Metropolitan Hilarion believes 18 December 2017, 20:39
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls provocation Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel capital 18 December 2017, 16:01
- Not only Jews should participate in visits to Auschwitz, president of the Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia believes 18 December 2017, 14:52
- African patriarch predicts great future to Orthodoxy on his continent 08 December 2017, 10:59
- OSCE should take principled stance on discrimination against Christians in Middle East, effectively defend their rights - Lavrov 08 December 2017, 10:21
- Over 120 churches were destroyed in Syria during the war - Patriarch John of Antioch 07 December 2017, 18:08