21 November 2016, 10:44
Dodon invites Patriarch Kirill for pastoral visit to Moldova
Chisinau, November 21, Interfax - Moldovan President-elect Igor Dodon congratulated Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia on his 70th birthday and invited him for a pastoral visit to Moldova.
"As the Moldovan president-elect, I sincerely congratulate you on your 70th jubilee! Your entire entire life journey proves your love and your faith in God, your devotion to the Christianity. You have become a symbol of unity of the Orthodox Christian world and Christian missionary work on the global scale for the entire world. I would like to express a profound gratitude to you for your support of the Moldovan people and the Orthodox Christian Church in Moldova in the most difficult period, when our statehood and traditional values of our people are threatened," Dodon said in a letter of congratulations.
Dodon also expressed gratitude "for assistance in canonization of our saints of the 19th century, Metropolitan Gavril [Banulescu-Bodoni] and blessed Agafya Kushelovskaya."
"On behalf of the multi-ethnic people of Moldova we invite you to pay a pastoral visit to our country," Dodon said.
"I would like to assure you that the Moldovan people are forever faithful to the Orthodox Church. I wish you good health and success in your pastoral work for the benefit of the Orthodox Church," the letter said.
Former Moldovan president and the Party of Communists leader Vladimir Voronin also congratulated Patriarch Kirill.
"Your life is not only an example of a true faith. Your life is a living proof of how much can be done to maintain, strengthen and develop this faith," he said.
"You have passed all steps on the church ladder, staring with taking the vows and continuing with the ranks of archimandrite, archbishop, metropolitan and the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia," he said.
Voronin recalled that Patriarch Kirill was actively involved in peacemaking actions for Yugoslavia and visited over 80 states, including Moldova several times.
"Congratulating you on your 70th birthday I wish health and prosperity to you and the Russian Orthodox Church and great success in maintaining and developing Christianity. I express words of sincere respect and gratitude to you for your personal contribution to strengthening of spirituality of the Moldovan people," Voronin said.
- Putin gives Patriarch Kirill painting featuring Kremlin's main Orthodox church 20 November 2017, 12:21
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls for laws protecting child since conception 20 November 2017, 10:46
- Belgorod imam sentenced to 8.5 years for abetting terrorism 17 November 2017, 13:08
- Georgian Ministry of Interior concerned with “sweet bombarding” of countryside schools with priests participating 17 November 2017, 10:47
- Searches conducted at home of imam of one of Nazran's main mosques 17 November 2017, 10:07
- Moscow mufti urges adoption of Islam development strategy to 2030 16 November 2017, 21:55
- Ukrainian parliament makes Catholic Christmas a public holiday 16 November 2017, 21:53
- Patriarch Kirill tells U.S. ambassador of importance of developing "heart-level" contacts among pious Russians, Americans 16 November 2017, 18:46
- Talk of restoring monarchy in Russia premature - Maria Romanova 16 November 2017, 17:03
- Patriarch Kirill asks Putin to back Donbass prisoner exchange proposal 15 November 2017, 16:33
- Justice Ministry regrets ECHR rejection of Russian request to review decision on law banning gay propaganda among children 15 November 2017, 10:00
- Head of the Anglican Church arrives in Moscow next week 13 November 2017, 16:32
- Jewish Museum and Center of Tolerance celebrate their fifth anniversary 13 November 2017, 16:28
- Soviet Union managed to build "a kingdom of justice," church official believes 13 November 2017, 10:24
- Particle of St. Seraphim of Sarov relics will be brought to Greece 13 November 2017, 10:20
- Russia should impose 5-10-year moratorium on Lenin burial topic - Church representative 13 November 2017, 10:01
- Head of Madrid-based House of Romanov to meet with Patriarch Kirill in Moscow on Nov 18 09 November 2017, 10:29
- Russia without revolution could have achieved more, Metropolitan Hilarion believes 07 November 2017, 18:10
- Business ombudsman calls for Lenin to be removed from Mausoleum, for final end to be put to Soviet past 07 November 2017, 10:11
- Kadyrov waiting for Zyuganov's apology for remarks on Lenin's burial 07 November 2017, 10:07
- Putin offers Trump condolences over Texas tragedy 07 November 2017, 10:02
- Mausoleum is, must remain Lenin's burial place – Zyuganov 02 November 2017, 18:04
- Head of human rights council suggests turning Mausoleum into museum, selling tickets to enter it, think of Lenin's body as pharaoh's mummy 02 November 2017, 17:26
- Majority of Russian Protestants unlike western stand for traditional morals - Metropolitan Hilarion 02 November 2017, 16:37
- Patriarch Kirill invites Patriarch Ilia II to Moscow to celebrate 100th anniversary of restoration of Russian patriarchate 02 November 2017, 16:36
- Lenin's burial not on Kremlin agenda - Peskov 02 November 2017, 13:33
- Patriarch Kirill criticizes 'color' revolutions for using quasi-religious rhetoric 02 November 2017, 10:01
- Church representative speaks against renaming the October Revolution to "Russian" one 01 November 2017, 16:30
- Russian Jews point out to Patriarch Kirill’s special role in opposing Anti-Semitism and xenophobia 01 November 2017, 14:00
- Patriarch Kirill: if we do not educate our people, others will do it 01 November 2017, 13:29