21 November 2016, 10:44
Dodon invites Patriarch Kirill for pastoral visit to Moldova
Chisinau, November 21, Interfax - Moldovan President-elect Igor Dodon congratulated Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia on his 70th birthday and invited him for a pastoral visit to Moldova.
"As the Moldovan president-elect, I sincerely congratulate you on your 70th jubilee! Your entire entire life journey proves your love and your faith in God, your devotion to the Christianity. You have become a symbol of unity of the Orthodox Christian world and Christian missionary work on the global scale for the entire world. I would like to express a profound gratitude to you for your support of the Moldovan people and the Orthodox Christian Church in Moldova in the most difficult period, when our statehood and traditional values of our people are threatened," Dodon said in a letter of congratulations.
Dodon also expressed gratitude "for assistance in canonization of our saints of the 19th century, Metropolitan Gavril [Banulescu-Bodoni] and blessed Agafya Kushelovskaya."
"On behalf of the multi-ethnic people of Moldova we invite you to pay a pastoral visit to our country," Dodon said.
"I would like to assure you that the Moldovan people are forever faithful to the Orthodox Church. I wish you good health and success in your pastoral work for the benefit of the Orthodox Church," the letter said.
Former Moldovan president and the Party of Communists leader Vladimir Voronin also congratulated Patriarch Kirill.
"Your life is not only an example of a true faith. Your life is a living proof of how much can be done to maintain, strengthen and develop this faith," he said.
"You have passed all steps on the church ladder, staring with taking the vows and continuing with the ranks of archimandrite, archbishop, metropolitan and the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia," he said.
Voronin recalled that Patriarch Kirill was actively involved in peacemaking actions for Yugoslavia and visited over 80 states, including Moldova several times.
"Congratulating you on your 70th birthday I wish health and prosperity to you and the Russian Orthodox Church and great success in maintaining and developing Christianity. I express words of sincere respect and gratitude to you for your personal contribution to strengthening of spirituality of the Moldovan people," Voronin said.
- Volodin calls for relying on Putin's opinion, avoiding radical moves in Lenin's reburial issue 21 April 2017, 13:02
- Zyuganov demands Russian Security Council guarantee Lenin not to be reburied 21 April 2017, 12:46
- Family of a Russian priest creates robots and will represent them in the USA 21 April 2017, 10:18
- Russian Supreme Court declares Russian branch of Jehovah's Witnesses extremist organization, orders its closure 20 April 2017, 19:26
- Over half of Russians believe that Lenin should be buried - poll 20 April 2017, 18:25
- Lenin reburial information attack on Communist Party - party 20 April 2017, 18:22
- United Russia not to support legislation on Lenin's reburial as it splits society - Duma deputy 20 April 2017, 18:17
- Duma members propose bill to regulate burial of Lenin's body 20 April 2017, 16:10
- Ukrainian army has sent about 500 Wahhabis to Mariupol, DNR says 20 April 2017, 13:18
- Kremlin has no reasons not to believe info received from head of Chechnya on human rights observance in republic – Peskov (updated) 20 April 2017, 13:05
- Lavrov discusses int'l issues, Afghanistan with Prince Aga Khan IV 20 April 2017, 11:23
- Russian ombudsman suspects reports on gay men's harassment in Chechnya may be false 20 April 2017, 11:15
- Russian church desecrated in Israel 18 April 2017, 18:32
- Patriarch Kirill surprised to see no intl reaction to violence against Church in Ukraine 18 April 2017, 18:28
- Patriarch Kirill urges global community to stop ignoring persecutions of Christians in Iraq, Syria, Africa 18 April 2017, 18:26
- Novaya Gazeta to urge Investigative Committee to probe reports on harassment of gays in Chechnya 18 April 2017, 18:24
- No missing person reports filed with Chechen police – Moskalkova 18 April 2017, 14:50
- Taxi driver arrested for recruiting would-be terrorists near St. Petersburg Central Mosque 18 April 2017, 11:24
- Patriarch Kirill congratulated Russian member of the International Space Station on Easter 17 April 2017, 11:32
- 3,000 Easter cakes blessed by Patriarch Kirill delivered to Russian servicemen in Syria 17 April 2017, 11:21
- Patriarch Kirill urges believers to refuse egoism on Easter 17 April 2017, 11:14
- Holy fire will be first delivered to the USA 14 April 2017, 15:43
- OSCE info on possible persecution of LGBT people in Chechnya needs verification – Kremlin 14 April 2017, 14:20
- Ukrainian army, militia continue to exchange fire despite Easter truce agreement 14 April 2017, 11:18
- Possible meeting between spiritual leaders of Armenia, Russia, Azerbaijan on Karabakh under discussion - Karekin II 13 April 2017, 18:31
- Patriarch Kirill's April visit to Uzbekistan rescheduled for May-June - Russian Foreign Ministry 13 April 2017, 17:18
- Muscovites will taste a 1.5 ton Easter cake at the Cathedral of Christ the Savior 13 April 2017, 15:06
- Contact Group on Ukraine reaffirms commitment to ceasefire ahead of Easter 13 April 2017, 12:13
- The Russian Church and the Catholic Church should stop confrontation between East and West - patriarch at the meeting with the Italian president 13 April 2017, 10:43
- Volgodonsk bishop took out a rucksack with supposed "bomb" from the church and conveyed it to the ministry for emergency situations 12 April 2017, 17:03