21 November 2016, 10:44
Dodon invites Patriarch Kirill for pastoral visit to Moldova
Chisinau, November 21, Interfax - Moldovan President-elect Igor Dodon congratulated Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia on his 70th birthday and invited him for a pastoral visit to Moldova.
"As the Moldovan president-elect, I sincerely congratulate you on your 70th jubilee! Your entire entire life journey proves your love and your faith in God, your devotion to the Christianity. You have become a symbol of unity of the Orthodox Christian world and Christian missionary work on the global scale for the entire world. I would like to express a profound gratitude to you for your support of the Moldovan people and the Orthodox Christian Church in Moldova in the most difficult period, when our statehood and traditional values of our people are threatened," Dodon said in a letter of congratulations.
Dodon also expressed gratitude "for assistance in canonization of our saints of the 19th century, Metropolitan Gavril [Banulescu-Bodoni] and blessed Agafya Kushelovskaya."
"On behalf of the multi-ethnic people of Moldova we invite you to pay a pastoral visit to our country," Dodon said.
"I would like to assure you that the Moldovan people are forever faithful to the Orthodox Church. I wish you good health and success in your pastoral work for the benefit of the Orthodox Church," the letter said.
Former Moldovan president and the Party of Communists leader Vladimir Voronin also congratulated Patriarch Kirill.
"Your life is not only an example of a true faith. Your life is a living proof of how much can be done to maintain, strengthen and develop this faith," he said.
"You have passed all steps on the church ladder, staring with taking the vows and continuing with the ranks of archimandrite, archbishop, metropolitan and the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia," he said.
Voronin recalled that Patriarch Kirill was actively involved in peacemaking actions for Yugoslavia and visited over 80 states, including Moldova several times.
"Congratulating you on your 70th birthday I wish health and prosperity to you and the Russian Orthodox Church and great success in maintaining and developing Christianity. I express words of sincere respect and gratitude to you for your personal contribution to strengthening of spirituality of the Moldovan people," Voronin said.
- Russia, France need to pool efforts to protect world from dangers of globalism, Islamic fundamentalism - Le Pen (updated) 24 March 2017, 10:55
- Sixty-eight percent of citizens oppose monarchy in Russia - poll 24 March 2017, 09:30
- Rabbi Lazar urges to legalize circumcision in Russia 23 March 2017, 13:14
- Ostriches raised in a Kemerovo church, pheasants will be next 23 March 2017, 10:17
- Church official believes Lenin will be buried sooner or later 22 March 2017, 16:01
- Head of antic god or hero found at the construction site of the Crimean bridge 22 March 2017, 13:59
- Moscow mosque imam Velitov to face trial for public justification of terrorism - lawyer 22 March 2017, 12:33
- Third of Russians count national history from Kievan Rus, its Christianization - poll 22 March 2017, 12:12
- Russian masons stunned by deputy Milonov's accusations 21 March 2017, 19:40
- Putin, Russian chief mufti discuss Muslim community's activity 21 March 2017, 18:23
- Bishop of the Russian Church compares Russia airbase in Syria to a monastery 21 March 2017, 10:55
- The Russian Church will introduce its ecological initiatives to the UN 20 March 2017, 16:16
- Church official calls Stalin "executioner" and supports ban on his perpetuation in Ingushetia 20 March 2017, 14:19
- Rector of a Moscow church awakenes conscience in prostitutes who threatenes him 20 March 2017, 10:51
- Russia preserved thanks to "natural conservatism" of its people - Patriarch Kirill 20 March 2017, 10:08
- Waffen SS veterans' march in Riga glorifies murderers, justifies Nazism - Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia 20 March 2017, 10:00
- Couple in Cherkessk decides what to do with embryos in court 17 March 2017, 18:34
- The Moscow Patriarchate believes Lenin's burial is untimely 17 March 2017, 17:04
- Moldovan President counts on Patriarch Kirill's support in reuniting his country 17 March 2017, 12:36
- FJCR head criticizes ultra-Orthodox Jews who do not work and do not serve in the army 17 March 2017, 10:11
- Putin meets with head of Russian Orthodox Old-Rite Church 17 March 2017, 10:00
- Icon of Crimea heavenly protector to be delivered to the International Space Station 16 March 2017, 11:17
- Kazakhstan's AIFC strives to create favorable environment for Islamic financial institutions 15 March 2017, 13:32
- On the 100th anniversary of the emperor's abdication the patriarch prays for victims of the revolution and civil war 15 March 2017, 13:11
- Russia needs Orthodox monarchy – Crimean head 15 March 2017, 13:07
- ROCOR urges to rid Red Square of Lenin's remains and destroy monuments to him 13 March 2017, 11:07
- Kyrgyz cemeteries to be divided into sectors for various religions groups 13 March 2017, 10:13
- Inclusion of western saints' names on Moscow Patriarchate calendar aims to remind of times of undivided Church - Russian Orthodox Church 13 March 2017, 10:09
- Hungary allotted about €134,000 for restoring three Russian churches and building a new one 10 March 2017, 13:18
- Russian Orthodox Church to celebrate St. Patrick's Day - Synod's decision 10 March 2017, 12:08