21 November 2016, 10:44
Dodon invites Patriarch Kirill for pastoral visit to Moldova
Chisinau, November 21, Interfax - Moldovan President-elect Igor Dodon congratulated Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia on his 70th birthday and invited him for a pastoral visit to Moldova.
"As the Moldovan president-elect, I sincerely congratulate you on your 70th jubilee! Your entire entire life journey proves your love and your faith in God, your devotion to the Christianity. You have become a symbol of unity of the Orthodox Christian world and Christian missionary work on the global scale for the entire world. I would like to express a profound gratitude to you for your support of the Moldovan people and the Orthodox Christian Church in Moldova in the most difficult period, when our statehood and traditional values of our people are threatened," Dodon said in a letter of congratulations.
Dodon also expressed gratitude "for assistance in canonization of our saints of the 19th century, Metropolitan Gavril [Banulescu-Bodoni] and blessed Agafya Kushelovskaya."
"On behalf of the multi-ethnic people of Moldova we invite you to pay a pastoral visit to our country," Dodon said.
"I would like to assure you that the Moldovan people are forever faithful to the Orthodox Church. I wish you good health and success in your pastoral work for the benefit of the Orthodox Church," the letter said.
Former Moldovan president and the Party of Communists leader Vladimir Voronin also congratulated Patriarch Kirill.
"Your life is not only an example of a true faith. Your life is a living proof of how much can be done to maintain, strengthen and develop this faith," he said.
"You have passed all steps on the church ladder, staring with taking the vows and continuing with the ranks of archimandrite, archbishop, metropolitan and the Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia," he said.
Voronin recalled that Patriarch Kirill was actively involved in peacemaking actions for Yugoslavia and visited over 80 states, including Moldova several times.
"Congratulating you on your 70th birthday I wish health and prosperity to you and the Russian Orthodox Church and great success in maintaining and developing Christianity. I express words of sincere respect and gratitude to you for your personal contribution to strengthening of spirituality of the Moldovan people," Voronin said.
- Directorate of Muslims of Uzbekistan disagrees with U.S. State Dept analysis of religious freedom in republic 15 January 2018, 16:24
- Putin's comparison of Lenin Mausoleum to veneration of holy relics not sensational - Peskov 15 January 2018, 14:08
- Putin defines New Valaam Monastery relics saved by Finland as unifying force 15 January 2018, 10:44
- Putin's words about similarity of Communism, Christianity smooth things over Lenin Mausoleum - CPRF 15 January 2018, 10:43
- Communist ideology similar to Christianity - Putin 15 January 2018, 10:00
- Russians have become more intolerant to treachery, abortions and homosexual connections for twenty years - poll 11 January 2018, 17:56
- Brother of leader of Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan calls on extremists to 'open their eyes' 11 January 2018, 17:39
- Orthodox children in Syrian Latakia received Christmas gifts from Moscow parish 09 January 2018, 18:41
- St. Petersburg among Russia's top three most popular places to spend Orthodox Christmas 09 January 2018, 14:36
- Patriarch Kirill concerned by social disintegration 07 January 2018, 16:57
- Church not going to hinder expert work on "Yekaterinburg remains" - Patriarch Kirill 07 January 2018, 16:56
- Putin offers Christmas greetings to Orthodox Christians 07 January 2018, 11:18
- Russia can have twice as many churches in 30 years - Metropolitan Hilarion 26 December 2017, 18:26
- Not less than 120 churches in Syria need to be restored - Metropolitan Hilarion 26 December 2017, 18:02
- Priestly ordination gives Feodor Konyukhov special power, his wife believes 25 December 2017, 16:31
- No one needs conflict in Donbass, it weakens all those involved - Patriarch Kirill 25 December 2017, 13:06
- All conditions of prisoner exchange in Donbass approved - Patriarch Kirill 25 December 2017, 11:43
- All ethnic and religious groups, parties and armed groups invited to Syrian National Dialogue Congress - Shoigu 22 December 2017, 17:40
- Scharansky is impressed by positive changes in life of Russian Jews 22 December 2017, 10:51
- Vucic invites Putin to Belgrade for 800th anniversary of autocephaly of Serbian Orthodox Church 20 December 2017, 10:43
- Governors should be evaluated for their affairs, not longevity of their rule, Metropolitan Hilarion believes 18 December 2017, 20:39
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls provocation Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel capital 18 December 2017, 16:01
- Not only Jews should participate in visits to Auschwitz, president of the Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia believes 18 December 2017, 14:52
- African patriarch predicts great future to Orthodoxy on his continent 08 December 2017, 10:59
- OSCE should take principled stance on discrimination against Christians in Middle East, effectively defend their rights - Lavrov 08 December 2017, 10:21
- Over 120 churches were destroyed in Syria during the war - Patriarch John of Antioch 07 December 2017, 18:08
- Patriarch Kirill pays special attention to inter-church relations between Russia and the USA on the background of complicated relations between the countries 07 December 2017, 17:53
- Russia may attend urgent OIC summit on Jerusalem as observer 07 December 2017, 15:10
- Chief rabbi of Russia calls Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital the restoration of justice 07 December 2017, 12:02
- Patriarch Kirill invites American pilgrims to Russia 07 December 2017, 10:14