22 November 2016, 18:58
Group of Catholics in Argentine decide to covert in Orthodoxy after Patriarch Kirill's sermon
Moscow, November 22, Interfax - Collective of the Caritas charitable organization in Argentinian Curuzu decided to adopt Orthodoxy as they were deeply impressed by Patriarch Kirill's sermon said during his tour to Latin America this February.
"During the patriarch's visit he (a Caritas official from Curuzu) watched the translation from Asuncion. He was deeply touched by our primate's words and the fact that he visited a small provincial town Asuncion and serve in a small church and said a wonderful sermon," Metropolitan Ignaty of Argentina and South America said on air the Soyuz TV channel.
"He started studying Orthodoxy and eventually together with his staff, there are about twenty people, decided to convert into the Orthodox faith," the hierarch said.
According to the metropolitan, his name is Ernesto, now he is taking a distant course in a seminary and is going to become a priest. Besides, together with his companions they built a small church.
The metropolitan also told about a Catholic monastery in Brazilian Santa Rosa, where they venerate Orthodox icons and even learnt to make them in the Russian style.
He points out to a great interest to Russian culture in South America. Many people learn Russian, there are clubs dedicated to Fyodor Dostoyevsky and Leo Tolstoy, Russian movies based on classical literature are very popular, an emigrant from Russia chairs the faculty of the Russian Literature in Sao Paulo University where she managed to attract a collective of the best translators who translate Russian classics into the Portugal language.
- Belgorod imam sentenced to 8.5 years for abetting terrorism 17 November 2017, 13:08
- Georgian Ministry of Interior concerned with “sweet bombarding” of countryside schools with priests participating 17 November 2017, 10:47
- Searches conducted at home of imam of one of Nazran's main mosques 17 November 2017, 10:07
- Moscow mufti urges adoption of Islam development strategy to 2030 16 November 2017, 21:55
- Ukrainian parliament makes Catholic Christmas a public holiday 16 November 2017, 21:53
- Patriarch Kirill tells U.S. ambassador of importance of developing "heart-level" contacts among pious Russians, Americans 16 November 2017, 18:46
- Talk of restoring monarchy in Russia premature - Maria Romanova 16 November 2017, 17:03
- Patriarch Kirill asks Putin to back Donbass prisoner exchange proposal 15 November 2017, 16:33
- Justice Ministry regrets ECHR rejection of Russian request to review decision on law banning gay propaganda among children 15 November 2017, 10:00
- Head of the Anglican Church arrives in Moscow next week 13 November 2017, 16:32
- Jewish Museum and Center of Tolerance celebrate their fifth anniversary 13 November 2017, 16:28
- Soviet Union managed to build "a kingdom of justice," church official believes 13 November 2017, 10:24
- Particle of St. Seraphim of Sarov relics will be brought to Greece 13 November 2017, 10:20
- Russia should impose 5-10-year moratorium on Lenin burial topic - Church representative 13 November 2017, 10:01
- Head of Madrid-based House of Romanov to meet with Patriarch Kirill in Moscow on Nov 18 09 November 2017, 10:29
- Russia without revolution could have achieved more, Metropolitan Hilarion believes 07 November 2017, 18:10
- Business ombudsman calls for Lenin to be removed from Mausoleum, for final end to be put to Soviet past 07 November 2017, 10:11
- Kadyrov waiting for Zyuganov's apology for remarks on Lenin's burial 07 November 2017, 10:07
- Putin offers Trump condolences over Texas tragedy 07 November 2017, 10:02
- Mausoleum is, must remain Lenin's burial place – Zyuganov 02 November 2017, 18:04
- Head of human rights council suggests turning Mausoleum into museum, selling tickets to enter it, think of Lenin's body as pharaoh's mummy 02 November 2017, 17:26
- Majority of Russian Protestants unlike western stand for traditional morals - Metropolitan Hilarion 02 November 2017, 16:37
- Patriarch Kirill invites Patriarch Ilia II to Moscow to celebrate 100th anniversary of restoration of Russian patriarchate 02 November 2017, 16:36
- Lenin's burial not on Kremlin agenda - Peskov 02 November 2017, 13:33
- Patriarch Kirill criticizes 'color' revolutions for using quasi-religious rhetoric 02 November 2017, 10:01
- Church representative speaks against renaming the October Revolution to "Russian" one 01 November 2017, 16:30
- Russian Jews point out to Patriarch Kirill’s special role in opposing Anti-Semitism and xenophobia 01 November 2017, 14:00
- Patriarch Kirill: if we do not educate our people, others will do it 01 November 2017, 13:29
- President and patriarch opens a monument to victims of repressions in Moscow 31 October 2017, 10:52
- Patriarch Kirill fears total control over people via gadgets 31 October 2017, 10:28