06 December 2016, 12:17
Patriarch Kirill wishes for Russia, France to develop allied relations amid current political challenges
Epinay-sous-Senart, December 6, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia stands in favor of the development of allied relations between Russia and France.
"May God allow the tradition of good, allied relations to develop and help to build a realistic and mutually beneficial stance amid the current political challenges," he said in Epinay-sous-Senart, where the Russian Orthodox seminary is situated.
During his visit to France, which began on December 3, the patriarch met with Mayor of Paris Anne Hidalgo and French President Francois Hollande and had a discussion with the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Paris, Cardinal Andre Vingt-Trois. He held an all-night vigil at the Russian Orthodox Church's Three Hierarch Cathedral on Rue Petel in Paris, consecrated the Holy Trinity Cathedral in the territory of the Russian Orthodox Spiritual and Cultural Center, which opened in October on Quai Branly, delivered the first Divine Liturgy in the cathedral, carried out a memorial service at the Russian section of the Sainte-Genevieve-des-Bois Cemetery, visited descendants of first-wave immigrants from Russia in a Russian nursing home, met with students of the Russian Orthodox seminary in Epinay-sous-Senart near Paris and prayed at the seminary's Church of St. Genevieve of Paris and St. Martin the Confessor.
"I am very satisfied with the visit. I am also very encouraged by the results of my meetings, conversations," he said.
The patriarch said that the most important thing to have happened is the consecration of the new Cathedral in central Paris.
"God helps to implement the most unbelievable projects and implementation of these projects itself seems a miracle. It is hard to overestimate the fact of the appearance of the Russian cathedral and the Russian Orthodox Spiritual and Cultural Center in central Paris. I have already discovered the significant interest of various representatives of the French public in what can be done and how to develop [it] at the venues of this center for our people to be able to understand each other better and develop mutual affections despite a not very favorable political context," he said.
- Total of 20,500 Muslims from Russia could carry out hajj in 2018 21 February 2018, 11:28
- Clergy could do for countering terrorism in Dagestan more than security services - human rights council head 21 February 2018, 11:25
- Cat who lives at the main Crimean construction site grew fat eating pancakes on Russian Maslenitsa and will observe shrimp diet 20 February 2018, 14:16
- Women killed in Kizlyar to be buried on territory of church as martyrs 20 February 2018, 11:06
- Kizlyar shooting an attempt to pit Dagestan's people, religions against one another – Vasilyev 20 February 2018, 11:04
- 82% of Russians consider unacceptable jokes about the Church 19 February 2018, 17:23
- Investigators probing Kizlyar shooter's affiliation with extremist organizations – Peskov 19 February 2018, 14:02
- Kadyrov says shocked by Kizlyar church attack 19 February 2018, 11:05
- Patriarch Kirill sees shooting in Dagestan as provocation aimed at causing discord between Orthodox, Muslims 19 February 2018, 10:39
- Patriarch tells Jordanian king about reason for meeting with pope 15 February 2018, 18:32
- Land for building a church in Portugal allotted to the Russian Orthodox Church 14 February 2018, 19:09
- Azerbaijani religious leaders to discuss Aliyev in sermons before election 14 February 2018, 16:55
- Patriarch Kirill meets with Abbas, favors preserving Jerusalem's special status 14 February 2018, 13:12
- Patriarch Kirill, Pope Francis haven't planned new meeting - Metropolitan Hilarion 12 February 2018, 18:23
- The Russian Church considers the Kremlin list as direct pressure of the USA on Russian authorities and electorate 12 February 2018, 14:42
- Chief rabbi of Russia - against initiative of Poland law-makers to punish for wording 'Polish death camps' 12 February 2018, 11:30
- Church School of Post-Graduate and Doctoral Studies obtained state accreditation in Russia 09 February 2018, 18:02
- Ukrainian Security Service initiates a case against UOC priest for a post with St. Georgy ribbon in Facebook 09 February 2018, 17:23
- Quotas for tourists visiting St. Basil’s cathedral can be introduced after 2019 09 February 2018, 13:05
- Russian pro-lifer thanks Trump for struggling against abortions 09 February 2018, 11:34
- Patriarch Kirill prays for the repose of Russian pilot Roman Filipov killed in Syria 09 February 2018, 11:21
- Patriarch Kirill speaks of 'unprecedented pressure' for purpose of compromising Russia's sports achievements 05 February 2018, 11:05
- Catalogue of Christian shrines destroyed in Syria compiled by Orthodox and Catholics will be represented in Vienna 02 February 2018, 17:28
- Russian society not ready for pope to visit - Catholic priest 02 February 2018, 14:22
- Patriarch Kirill blessed Russian Olympic athletes, urging them to mind personal responsibility before the country 01 February 2018, 16:54
- An ambulance was bought on money saved on flowers for Patriarch Kirill 01 February 2018, 14:49
- Putin to congratulate Patriarch Kirill on anniversary of his enthronement on Thursday 01 February 2018, 12:41
- Twelve held in south Kazakhstan for extremism propaganda on social media 01 February 2018, 10:49
- Attempts to deny Holocaust, belittle USSR's role in victory over Nazis must be foiled - Putin 29 January 2018, 18:12
- Russian Jews call on Poland to allow Russia's participation in building Sobibor memorial 26 January 2018, 18:04