06 December 2016, 12:17
Patriarch Kirill wishes for Russia, France to develop allied relations amid current political challenges
Epinay-sous-Senart, December 6, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia stands in favor of the development of allied relations between Russia and France.
"May God allow the tradition of good, allied relations to develop and help to build a realistic and mutually beneficial stance amid the current political challenges," he said in Epinay-sous-Senart, where the Russian Orthodox seminary is situated.
During his visit to France, which began on December 3, the patriarch met with Mayor of Paris Anne Hidalgo and French President Francois Hollande and had a discussion with the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Paris, Cardinal Andre Vingt-Trois. He held an all-night vigil at the Russian Orthodox Church's Three Hierarch Cathedral on Rue Petel in Paris, consecrated the Holy Trinity Cathedral in the territory of the Russian Orthodox Spiritual and Cultural Center, which opened in October on Quai Branly, delivered the first Divine Liturgy in the cathedral, carried out a memorial service at the Russian section of the Sainte-Genevieve-des-Bois Cemetery, visited descendants of first-wave immigrants from Russia in a Russian nursing home, met with students of the Russian Orthodox seminary in Epinay-sous-Senart near Paris and prayed at the seminary's Church of St. Genevieve of Paris and St. Martin the Confessor.
"I am very satisfied with the visit. I am also very encouraged by the results of my meetings, conversations," he said.
The patriarch said that the most important thing to have happened is the consecration of the new Cathedral in central Paris.
"God helps to implement the most unbelievable projects and implementation of these projects itself seems a miracle. It is hard to overestimate the fact of the appearance of the Russian cathedral and the Russian Orthodox Spiritual and Cultural Center in central Paris. I have already discovered the significant interest of various representatives of the French public in what can be done and how to develop [it] at the venues of this center for our people to be able to understand each other better and develop mutual affections despite a not very favorable political context," he said.
- Putin takes part in Epiphany bathing 19 January 2021, 17:40
- Patriarch Kirill conveys a ton of oranges to hospitals and social facilities of Moscow 18 January 2021, 19:03
- Stepashin asks Israeli govt to protect Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem 18 January 2021, 18:59
- Parish in eastern U.S. returns to Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia, which it left after its reunion with Moscow Patriarchate 18 January 2021, 16:56
- Kiev expects icon gifted to Lavrov in Sarajevo to be returned to Ukraine 15 January 2021, 17:46
- Arrested former schema-monk Sergy ends his hunger strike 15 January 2021, 16:49
- ECHR finds unproven accusations of Kiev in Russia's refusal to register religious organizations in Crimea 14 January 2021, 14:38
- Federal Penitentiary Service denies reports on deteriorating health of former schema-hegumen Sergy 14 January 2021, 14:10
- IOPS chairman says is 99% certain Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem will be returned to Russia this year 13 January 2021, 14:36
- Circus in Russia's Udmurtia says photos of animals with Nazi symbols Christmas celebration that caused scandal were taken out of context 13 January 2021, 13:24
- Supporter of Urals ex-schema-monk Sergy arrested in new case 12 January 2021, 17:29
- Emeritus Patriarchal Exarch of All Belarus Philaret dies 12 January 2021, 16:51
- Yakutian 'shaman' Gabyshev plans new 'march on Moscow' 12 January 2021, 15:28
- Arrested ex-schema-monk Sergy goes on dry hunger strike - Public Monitoring Commission 12 January 2021, 10:00
- Extremists may take advantage of new anti-money laundering regulations for religious organizations - State Duma committee 11 January 2021, 17:00
- Hockey player Datsyuk, actress Shukshina ask Putin to look into circumstances of former schema-hegumen Sergy's detention in Urals 11 January 2021, 16:23
- Christmas interview of Patriarch Kirill to Rossia TV (a shortened version) 11 January 2021, 10:10
- Decision on where icon gifted to Lavrov truly belongs can be made only after examination - Russian Orthodox Church 08 January 2021, 15:34
- Patriarch Kirill calls those who do not believe in danger of Covid-19 'stupid' 08 January 2021, 15:31
- Hagia Sophia's conversion into mosque Patriarch Bartholomew's divine retribution - Russian Church head 07 January 2021, 17:41
- Putin grateful to Syrian people for preserving Christian holy relics 07 January 2021, 17:39
- Hope, expectation of miracle human's guiding light - Putin 07 January 2021, 17:36
- Pope Francis accepts Belarusian Catholic leader Kondrusiewicz's resignation 03 January 2021, 17:18
- Russian Orthodox Church postpones Christmas Readings to Easter due to Covid-19 pandemic 30 December 2020, 19:01
- Moscow court arrests ex-schema-monk Sergy for 2 months 29 December 2020, 21:14
- Former schema-hegumen Sergy suspected of persuading 10 nuns to commit suicide 29 December 2020, 20:58
- Russian Bishops' Council to be held on November 15-18, 2021 29 December 2020, 19:57
- Russian Orthodox Church wished Russians to keep faith, hope and love 28 December 2020, 13:16
- Leader of Catholic Church in Belarus Kondrusiewicz returns to country 24 December 2020, 15:11
- Lukashenko reminds Belarusians of forgiveness, help to needy in Christmas Eve message 24 December 2020, 10:41