06 December 2016, 12:17
Patriarch Kirill wishes for Russia, France to develop allied relations amid current political challenges
Epinay-sous-Senart, December 6, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia stands in favor of the development of allied relations between Russia and France.
"May God allow the tradition of good, allied relations to develop and help to build a realistic and mutually beneficial stance amid the current political challenges," he said in Epinay-sous-Senart, where the Russian Orthodox seminary is situated.
During his visit to France, which began on December 3, the patriarch met with Mayor of Paris Anne Hidalgo and French President Francois Hollande and had a discussion with the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Paris, Cardinal Andre Vingt-Trois. He held an all-night vigil at the Russian Orthodox Church's Three Hierarch Cathedral on Rue Petel in Paris, consecrated the Holy Trinity Cathedral in the territory of the Russian Orthodox Spiritual and Cultural Center, which opened in October on Quai Branly, delivered the first Divine Liturgy in the cathedral, carried out a memorial service at the Russian section of the Sainte-Genevieve-des-Bois Cemetery, visited descendants of first-wave immigrants from Russia in a Russian nursing home, met with students of the Russian Orthodox seminary in Epinay-sous-Senart near Paris and prayed at the seminary's Church of St. Genevieve of Paris and St. Martin the Confessor.
"I am very satisfied with the visit. I am also very encouraged by the results of my meetings, conversations," he said.
The patriarch said that the most important thing to have happened is the consecration of the new Cathedral in central Paris.
"God helps to implement the most unbelievable projects and implementation of these projects itself seems a miracle. It is hard to overestimate the fact of the appearance of the Russian cathedral and the Russian Orthodox Spiritual and Cultural Center in central Paris. I have already discovered the significant interest of various representatives of the French public in what can be done and how to develop [it] at the venues of this center for our people to be able to understand each other better and develop mutual affections despite a not very favorable political context," he said.
- Church unification assembly may be held in early Dec - Parubiy 19 November 2018, 13:10
- Synod of Ecumenical Patriarchate to decide on date of church unification assembly in Ukraine 19 November 2018, 12:20
- Donbass people affected by war get 15 mln euro aid from Pope 19 November 2018, 12:02
- "Kiev Patriarchate" denies rumors unification assembly set for Nov 22 19 November 2018, 11:59
- Polish Orthodox Church bans all contacts with Ukrainian schismatics 19 November 2018, 11:55
- Crimean Diocese of Ukrainian Orthodox Church has solidarity with Metropolitan Onufry 16 November 2018, 19:11
- Local church being created is political organization - Metropolitan Onufry 16 November 2018, 16:40
- Vinnitsa clergy refuse to follow their archbishop into 'local' church 16 November 2018, 15:22
- FSB searches apartments of Jehovah's Witnesses members in Crimea's Dzhankoy 16 November 2018, 11:00
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church's Metropolitan Simeon to attend "unification" council - media 15 November 2018, 22:20
- U.S. embassy concerned by Kiev's St. Andrew Church attack 15 November 2018, 19:25
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church warns of schemes using its bishops' signatures at unification assembly 15 November 2018, 15:46
- Unknown individuals attack St. Andrew's Church, transferred to Ecumenical Patriarchate, in Kiev 15 November 2018, 15:34
- Dissenting bishops of canonical Ukrainian Church might ignore 'unifying assembly' - Metropolitan Hilarion 15 November 2018, 14:56
- Constantinople deceiving supporters of Ukrainian autocephaly - Ukrainian Orthodox Church 15 November 2018, 12:11
- "Kiev Patriarchate" may nominate Filaret for head of new church 15 November 2018, 12:02
- Date of unification assembly not known yet - "Kiev Patriarchate" 15 November 2018, 11:10
- Upcoming 'uniting' assembly in Ukraine to have negligible canonical consequences - Russian Orthodox Church 14 November 2018, 21:58
- "Unification" council to be held in Ukraine on Nov 22 - media (updated) 14 November 2018, 21:54
- Poroshenko had angry phone call with Metropolitan Onufry - media 14 November 2018, 15:36
- Poroshenko administration refuses to show journalists agreement with Patriarch Bartholomew 14 November 2018, 13:58
- Ukrainian state to protect right to choose church jurisdiction - Poroshenko to Ukrainian hierarchs of Moscow Patriarchate 14 November 2018, 11:15
- Metropolitan Hilarion, Deputy Foreign Minister Karasin discuss Syria's humanitarian crisis, Christians' protection 14 November 2018, 11:08
- Duma proposes drawing up map of Greek churches, monasteries Russian Orthodox believers can visit 14 November 2018, 11:05
- Poroshenko phones Metropolitan Onufry, surprised why archbishops did not come - source 13 November 2018, 21:27
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church eagerly wants to protect its name - Bishop's Council 13 November 2018, 20:00
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church bishops refuse to take part in creation of autocephalous church 13 November 2018, 19:25
- Archbishops' Council of Moscow Patriarchate's Ukrainian Orthodox Church ready to meet with Ukrainian president, but on church soil - statement 13 November 2018, 19:05
- Poroshenko no-show at Kiev Monastery of the Caves to meet with Ukrainian Church clergy 13 November 2018, 17:13
- Metropolitan of Kiev denounces attempts to turn church into 'political tool' 13 November 2018, 17:03