23 December 2016, 10:00
The battle against Judaist yoke's author fined 100,000 rubles for extremist calls
Moscow, December 23, Interfax - The Basmanny Court of Moscow has imposed a 100,000 ruble (about $1650) fine on an ex-chief of the Federal Agency on Press and Mass Communications (Rospechat) Boris Mironov, who was charged with calls for extremism, according to the verdict read out by judge Yulia Safina.
On October 28, 2015, the Federal Security Service Directorate for Moscow and the Moscow Region indicted Mironov of public calls for extremist activities, which entails maximum penalty of four years' imprisonment.
The defendant has pleaded not guilty and claims the charges are politically motivated.
The criminal case was opened after two of Mironov's books, Russians. The last frontier and The battle against Judaist yoke, were declared extremist by the Zamoskvoretsky Court of Moscow on October 13 and December 12, 2014.
In all, six books authored by Mironov and published by Algorithm, as well as a number of his periodical articles are on the federal list of extremist materials, which is available on the Russian Justice Ministry's website.
Mironov is well-known for his nationalist and anti-Semitic views. In February of 2008 the Central District court of Novosibirsk found him guilty of "inciting hatred or animosity" over his anti-Semitic remarks but relieved him of criminal liability in view of the expired statute of limitations.
From December 1993 to September 1994 journalist and commentator Mironov led the Russian Federation Committee for the Press, which replaced the Russian Ministry of the Press and Information and the Federal Information Agency.
- Belgorod imam sentenced to 8.5 years for abetting terrorism 17 November 2017, 13:08
- Georgian Ministry of Interior concerned with “sweet bombarding” of countryside schools with priests participating 17 November 2017, 10:47
- Searches conducted at home of imam of one of Nazran's main mosques 17 November 2017, 10:07
- Moscow mufti urges adoption of Islam development strategy to 2030 16 November 2017, 21:55
- Ukrainian parliament makes Catholic Christmas a public holiday 16 November 2017, 21:53
- Patriarch Kirill tells U.S. ambassador of importance of developing "heart-level" contacts among pious Russians, Americans 16 November 2017, 18:46
- Talk of restoring monarchy in Russia premature - Maria Romanova 16 November 2017, 17:03
- Patriarch Kirill asks Putin to back Donbass prisoner exchange proposal 15 November 2017, 16:33
- Justice Ministry regrets ECHR rejection of Russian request to review decision on law banning gay propaganda among children 15 November 2017, 10:00
- Head of the Anglican Church arrives in Moscow next week 13 November 2017, 16:32
- Jewish Museum and Center of Tolerance celebrate their fifth anniversary 13 November 2017, 16:28
- Soviet Union managed to build "a kingdom of justice," church official believes 13 November 2017, 10:24
- Particle of St. Seraphim of Sarov relics will be brought to Greece 13 November 2017, 10:20
- Russia should impose 5-10-year moratorium on Lenin burial topic - Church representative 13 November 2017, 10:01
- Head of Madrid-based House of Romanov to meet with Patriarch Kirill in Moscow on Nov 18 09 November 2017, 10:29
- Russia without revolution could have achieved more, Metropolitan Hilarion believes 07 November 2017, 18:10
- Business ombudsman calls for Lenin to be removed from Mausoleum, for final end to be put to Soviet past 07 November 2017, 10:11
- Kadyrov waiting for Zyuganov's apology for remarks on Lenin's burial 07 November 2017, 10:07
- Putin offers Trump condolences over Texas tragedy 07 November 2017, 10:02
- Mausoleum is, must remain Lenin's burial place – Zyuganov 02 November 2017, 18:04
- Head of human rights council suggests turning Mausoleum into museum, selling tickets to enter it, think of Lenin's body as pharaoh's mummy 02 November 2017, 17:26
- Majority of Russian Protestants unlike western stand for traditional morals - Metropolitan Hilarion 02 November 2017, 16:37
- Patriarch Kirill invites Patriarch Ilia II to Moscow to celebrate 100th anniversary of restoration of Russian patriarchate 02 November 2017, 16:36
- Lenin's burial not on Kremlin agenda - Peskov 02 November 2017, 13:33
- Patriarch Kirill criticizes 'color' revolutions for using quasi-religious rhetoric 02 November 2017, 10:01
- Church representative speaks against renaming the October Revolution to "Russian" one 01 November 2017, 16:30
- Russian Jews point out to Patriarch Kirill’s special role in opposing Anti-Semitism and xenophobia 01 November 2017, 14:00
- Patriarch Kirill: if we do not educate our people, others will do it 01 November 2017, 13:29
- President and patriarch opens a monument to victims of repressions in Moscow 31 October 2017, 10:52
- Patriarch Kirill fears total control over people via gadgets 31 October 2017, 10:28