09 January 2017, 10:57
Patriarch Kirill to visit Hungary
Moscow, January 9, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia is set to visit Hungary.
"I am gladly accepting your invitation. I love Hungary, and a part of my live is related to it. At present, Russians have a particular liking for Hungary, and I hope to God our relations will develop," the patriarch told Hungarian Secretary of State for Churches, Minorities and Civil Affairs Miklos Soltesz at a Sunday meeting at the Patriarch's Chambers of the Moscow Kremlin's Palace of Facets.
Soltesz invited the patriarch to visit Hungary after the restorations of the Russian Cathedral of the Assumption in Budapest were over.
According to him, head of the Budapest Diocese Bishop Tikhon of Podolsk "has brought church-state relations to a whole new level and has achieved tangible results." He also said that the Hungarian authorities were taking part in the restoration of the Assumption Cathedral in the Hungarian capital.
Speaking of the liturgy delivered by the patriarch at the Kremlin's Assumption Cathedral on Sunday morning, Soltesz said he was stunned by the service and, being a Catholic, "had never had a mystical epiphany of such depth in his life."
"It is wonderful that there are people of such Christian beliefs as you in the Hungarian authorities. We have a profound respect for your prime minister, his independent policy and his ability to be firm, including in the defense of Christian values. I am very glad that people like you stand by him," Patriarch Kirill said.
- Female bikers will carry out a pilgrimage on bikes across Russia 28 April 2017, 21:09
- Military court sentences Moscow mosque imam charged with justifying terrorism to 3 years' imprisonment 28 April 2017, 19:37
- St. Nicholas relics to be brought to Russia from Italy for first time in 930 years on May 21-28 28 April 2017, 13:01
- St. Isaac Cathedral can gain a status of patriarchal representation 27 April 2017, 21:27
- Lenin should be buried out of compassion for his soul, Russian Muslims and Jews believe 27 April 2017, 21:26
- FJCR urges Trump to prove his adherence to struggling against anti-Semitism 27 April 2017, 12:22
- Russia conveyed 1.5 tons of humanitarian aid to residents of a Christian city in Syria 26 April 2017, 15:54
- Stepashin tells about Yeltsin's plans to demolish Lenin's mausoleum 26 April 2017, 14:18
- Unidentified criminals committed an arson at the territory of a Moscow Patriarchate church 25 April 2017, 18:09
- Chechen mufti meets with Syrian president in Damascus – Kadyrov 25 April 2017, 10:43
- Special services have no info on persecution complaints from sexual minorities in Chechnya – Kremlin 25 April 2017, 10:16
- EU should wait for reports on persecution of gays in Chechnya to be confirmed before condemning – Lavrov 25 April 2017, 10:15
- Public prosecutor seeks 3.5 years in prison to Moscow mosque imam charged with terrorism justification 25 April 2017, 10:00
- Church of Moscow Patriarchate burglarized, desecrated in Odessa 24 April 2017, 17:40
- Russian sappers demined Orthodox church in Aleppo 24 April 2017, 13:52
- Two criminals plotting to murder religious figures eliminated in Stavropol Territory 24 April 2017, 10:00
- Volodin calls for relying on Putin's opinion, avoiding radical moves in Lenin's reburial issue 21 April 2017, 13:02
- Zyuganov demands Russian Security Council guarantee Lenin not to be reburied 21 April 2017, 12:46
- Family of a Russian priest creates robots and will represent them in the USA 21 April 2017, 10:18
- Russian Supreme Court declares Russian branch of Jehovah's Witnesses extremist organization, orders its closure 20 April 2017, 19:26
- Over half of Russians believe that Lenin should be buried - poll 20 April 2017, 18:25
- Lenin reburial information attack on Communist Party - party 20 April 2017, 18:22
- United Russia not to support legislation on Lenin's reburial as it splits society - Duma deputy 20 April 2017, 18:17
- Duma members propose bill to regulate burial of Lenin's body 20 April 2017, 16:10
- Ukrainian army has sent about 500 Wahhabis to Mariupol, DNR says 20 April 2017, 13:18
- Kremlin has no reasons not to believe info received from head of Chechnya on human rights observance in republic – Peskov (updated) 20 April 2017, 13:05
- Lavrov discusses int'l issues, Afghanistan with Prince Aga Khan IV 20 April 2017, 11:23
- Russian ombudsman suspects reports on gay men's harassment in Chechnya may be false 20 April 2017, 11:15
- Russian church desecrated in Israel 18 April 2017, 18:32
- Patriarch Kirill surprised to see no intl reaction to violence against Church in Ukraine 18 April 2017, 18:28