01 February 2017, 17:51
Putin personally congratulates Patriarch Kirill on enthronization day
Moscow, February 1, Interfax - Russian President Vladimir Putin has congratulated Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia on his enthronization day and presented him with a collection of lithographs by Russian artist Igor Zadera, entitled Russian medieval fortresses and monasteries.
At their meeting in Moscow on Wednesday the patriarch thanked Putin for help in promoting the dialogue between the church and the state.
For his part, the president pledged to continue this work.
"After eight years I can judge what a significant distance has still been walked, what dynamic this process has and what vector. And all this causes a very profound satisfaction with our pious people and, I think, with our whole society as well. Because this fosters our common consolidation, a concentration of forces for dealing with the problems facing our country today," the patriarch said.
In response Putin thanked him for this work.
Igor Alexandrovich Zadera is a Russian graphic artist and lithographer. He graduated from Moscow State University of Printing Arts in 1997. He has been a member of the Russian Artists' Union since 1992 and of UNESCO's International Association of Art since 1993. Zadera uses the technique of manual print of original chromolithography and original hand-made paper.
His Russian medieval fortresses and monasteries project contains 17 original lithographs depicting monuments of Russian architecture and monastic accomplishment.
The pictures are engraved and printed by the author personally on a hand-moulded paper. The series was produced in Moscow in 2010 at a lithographic print workshop of the M.B.Grekov Studio of Military Artists.
- Religious radicalism in CIS countries threatens Central Asian security - Patrushev (updated) 22 November 2017, 15:52
- Russian Orthodox Church Bishops' Council to discuss authenticity of imperial family remains (updated) 22 November 2017, 14:23
- Russia - Islamic World group to meet in Saudi Arabia in 2018 22 November 2017, 13:39
- West's atheization worse than what happened in USSR - Patriarch Kirill 22 November 2017, 10:18
- Patriarch Kirill tells Anglican leader about Ukraine's religious freedom violations 21 November 2017, 18:14
- Medvedev notes Patriarch Kirill's efforts in consolidating multi-million-person Russian world 21 November 2017, 10:03
- Patriarch Kirill calls on film, stage industry not to rock boat of human passions 21 November 2017, 10:00
- Nikita Belykh allowed church wedding in detention 20 November 2017, 17:38
- Million signatures for protecting children from the moment of conception will be conveyed to the Kremlin administration 20 November 2017, 16:30
- Patriarch of Georgia will baptize 670 children on St. George Day 20 November 2017, 16:28
- Jewish leader thanks Patriarch Kirill on his birthday for "colossal" contribution to developing inter-religious relations 20 November 2017, 16:26
- Putin gives Patriarch Kirill painting featuring Kremlin's main Orthodox church 20 November 2017, 12:21
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls for laws protecting child since conception 20 November 2017, 10:46
- Belgorod imam sentenced to 8.5 years for abetting terrorism 17 November 2017, 13:08
- Georgian Ministry of Interior concerned with “sweet bombarding” of countryside schools with priests participating 17 November 2017, 10:47
- Searches conducted at home of imam of one of Nazran's main mosques 17 November 2017, 10:07
- Moscow mufti urges adoption of Islam development strategy to 2030 16 November 2017, 21:55
- Ukrainian parliament makes Catholic Christmas a public holiday 16 November 2017, 21:53
- Patriarch Kirill tells U.S. ambassador of importance of developing "heart-level" contacts among pious Russians, Americans 16 November 2017, 18:46
- Talk of restoring monarchy in Russia premature - Maria Romanova 16 November 2017, 17:03
- Patriarch Kirill asks Putin to back Donbass prisoner exchange proposal 15 November 2017, 16:33
- Justice Ministry regrets ECHR rejection of Russian request to review decision on law banning gay propaganda among children 15 November 2017, 10:00
- Head of the Anglican Church arrives in Moscow next week 13 November 2017, 16:32
- Jewish Museum and Center of Tolerance celebrate their fifth anniversary 13 November 2017, 16:28
- Soviet Union managed to build "a kingdom of justice," church official believes 13 November 2017, 10:24
- Particle of St. Seraphim of Sarov relics will be brought to Greece 13 November 2017, 10:20
- Russia should impose 5-10-year moratorium on Lenin burial topic - Church representative 13 November 2017, 10:01
- Head of Madrid-based House of Romanov to meet with Patriarch Kirill in Moscow on Nov 18 09 November 2017, 10:29
- Russia without revolution could have achieved more, Metropolitan Hilarion believes 07 November 2017, 18:10
- Business ombudsman calls for Lenin to be removed from Mausoleum, for final end to be put to Soviet past 07 November 2017, 10:11