07 February 2017, 15:16
Christians of Syria pray for Putin's health and invite Patriarch Kirill
Saidnaya, February 7, Interfax - Nuns of the ancient Syrian Orthodox Monastery of the Saidnaya Mother of God thank Russia for help in settling the Syrian crisis and invite Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia to visit it.
"Patriarch Kirill visited these places as a pilgrim, and now he is considering his possibilities to do it again," his representative at the Antioch Patriarchate Hegumen Arseny (Sokolov) told the journalists on Tuesday.
Thus he responded to the invitation of the rector Hegumenia Fevronia, who received the delegation of the parliamentary group for friendship of Syria and Russia that is on visit to the Syrian Arabic Republic these days.
The hegumenia also told that nuns of the monastery constantly prayed for Russia's prosperity, for the health of Russian president Vladimir Putin and thanked for help in settling the Syrian crisis.
Hegumen Arseny greeted the Mother Superior on Patriarch Kirill's behalf and handed over memorable gifts to her.
The Saidnaya Monastery is one of the oldest in the world. It has always attracted many pilgrims. The monastery was a target for bombings, but as the hegumenia said at the meeting, "thanks to God, there were no victims."
Several miraculous events were registered when the rocket hit the building of the monastic school, but never exploded.
"The monastery is protected by the Mother of God. We have evidence of some soldiers who said they saw the Holy Virgin Mary, saw her protecting our city and the monastery," the hegumenia said.
- Two Israeli pilgrims injured in Uman blast 21 September 2017, 18:25
- Even grassroots anti-Semitism is minimal in Russia – FJCR 21 September 2017, 18:00
- Christian State - Holy Russia leader detained again 21 September 2017, 16:38
- Uman State Council MP 'taxes a tribute' on trade points for Hassids - Ukraine Security Service 21 September 2017, 15:54
- Four detained over car arson near office of Matilda film director's lawyer - Russian Interior Ministry 21 September 2017, 15:48
- Christian State leader released after interrogation over car arson near office of Uchitel's lawyer 21 September 2017, 14:16
- Putin thanks Russian Jewish community leaders for defending historical truth 21 September 2017, 10:00
- Leader of Christian State Kalinin may be prosecuted for fomenting hostility - police source 20 September 2017, 18:29
- Putin congratulates Jews on Jewish New Year 20 September 2017, 18:26
- Putin expects that Jewish community will promote religious tolerance in Russia 20 September 2017, 15:57
- Three people suspected of setting fire to cars outside office of Matilda director's lawyer detained 20 September 2017, 14:21
- Kazakhstan plans to set up own school of Islamic studies 19 September 2017, 10:12
- Blogger Sokolovsky's lawyer contests sentence in Sverdlovsk region court 18 September 2017, 14:15
- Navalny's volunteer gets 2 years for religious affiliation 18 September 2017, 14:13
- Kadyrov publishes address by Chechen man imprisoned in Iraq calling on Muslims not to join ISIL 18 September 2017, 11:29
- Turkish terrorists lived in house of Georgian patriarch for several months - Rustavi 2 18 September 2017, 10:00
- Tajikistan, Saudi Arabia decide to cooperate to promote tolerance, counterterrorism 15 September 2017, 11:54
- Russian police ready to curb provocations, ensure security of Matilda film viewers 14 September 2017, 17:21
- Umayyad Mosque in Syria's Aleppo to be restored with Kadyrov Fund money 13 September 2017, 11:52
- FJCR building in suspected Molotov cocktail attack 13 September 2017, 10:00
- Jehovah's Witnesses ask Supreme Court to reverse ruling declaring them extremists 12 September 2017, 16:55
- Victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks commemorated in Moscow 12 September 2017, 12:04
- No more need for rallies supporting Myanmar Muslims – Kadyrov 11 September 2017, 10:33
- Over 100 people rallying in support for Myanmar's Muslims detained on Palace Square in St. Petersburg 11 September 2017, 10:06
- Erdogan urges Islamic countries to show determination in resolving Myanmar conflict 11 September 2017, 10:00
- Canada should be asked about reports on plans to take gays from Chechnya - Russian Foreign Ministry 08 September 2017, 13:48
- Pressure on Myanmar leadership only to escalate tensions - Russian Foreign Ministry 08 September 2017, 12:17
- Russian Orthodox Church warns Ukrainian president against meddling in Church's internal affairs 07 September 2017, 18:15
- Catholicos of All Armenians heading for Moscow to take part in Karabakh meeting 07 September 2017, 17:00
- Organizer of picket in defense of Rohingya offers to meet Myanmar ambassador to Russia 07 September 2017, 15:20