13 February 2017, 14:23
Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia urges to settle the question with St. Isaac Cathedral in compliance with the law
Moscow, February 13, Interfax - The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia speaks for civilized settlement of the situation around St. Isaac Cathedral in St. Petersburg.
"I think this question should be settled in compliance with the law "On transferring of religious property in state or municipal ownership to religious organizations" adopted in 2010, which is usually called the restitution law," spokesman of the Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia Boruch Gorin told Interfax-Religion.
According to him, the question of transferring the cathedral "should be settled in courts in compliance with this law, not in the streets during the meetings." "If an object belonged to a religious community, it should be given back to it," Gorin stressed.
He also believes it "absolutely impossible" for FJCR leaders to dissuade Jews from participating in protests against transferring the cathedral as some Orthodox activists wish.
"These suggestions demonstrate ignorance of those who voice them pointing out to the schemes of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion according to which all Jews are subordinated to one center and act in compliance with its orders," the FJCR official noted.
He said that it was "not just like this," and reminded a well-known proverb "two Jews - three opinions". Besides, Gorin further said, people who were registered as Jews in their birth certificates and now participate in protests against transferring the cathedral "hardly associate themselves with Judaism and are not interested in the FJCR opinion on the question."
- Female bikers will carry out a pilgrimage on bikes across Russia 28 April 2017, 21:09
- Military court sentences Moscow mosque imam charged with justifying terrorism to 3 years' imprisonment 28 April 2017, 19:37
- St. Nicholas relics to be brought to Russia from Italy for first time in 930 years on May 21-28 28 April 2017, 13:01
- St. Isaac Cathedral can gain a status of patriarchal representation 27 April 2017, 21:27
- Lenin should be buried out of compassion for his soul, Russian Muslims and Jews believe 27 April 2017, 21:26
- FJCR urges Trump to prove his adherence to struggling against anti-Semitism 27 April 2017, 12:22
- Russia conveyed 1.5 tons of humanitarian aid to residents of a Christian city in Syria 26 April 2017, 15:54
- Stepashin tells about Yeltsin's plans to demolish Lenin's mausoleum 26 April 2017, 14:18
- Unidentified criminals committed an arson at the territory of a Moscow Patriarchate church 25 April 2017, 18:09
- Chechen mufti meets with Syrian president in Damascus – Kadyrov 25 April 2017, 10:43
- Special services have no info on persecution complaints from sexual minorities in Chechnya – Kremlin 25 April 2017, 10:16
- EU should wait for reports on persecution of gays in Chechnya to be confirmed before condemning – Lavrov 25 April 2017, 10:15
- Public prosecutor seeks 3.5 years in prison to Moscow mosque imam charged with terrorism justification 25 April 2017, 10:00
- Church of Moscow Patriarchate burglarized, desecrated in Odessa 24 April 2017, 17:40
- Russian sappers demined Orthodox church in Aleppo 24 April 2017, 13:52
- Two criminals plotting to murder religious figures eliminated in Stavropol Territory 24 April 2017, 10:00
- Volodin calls for relying on Putin's opinion, avoiding radical moves in Lenin's reburial issue 21 April 2017, 13:02
- Zyuganov demands Russian Security Council guarantee Lenin not to be reburied 21 April 2017, 12:46
- Family of a Russian priest creates robots and will represent them in the USA 21 April 2017, 10:18
- Russian Supreme Court declares Russian branch of Jehovah's Witnesses extremist organization, orders its closure 20 April 2017, 19:26
- Over half of Russians believe that Lenin should be buried - poll 20 April 2017, 18:25
- Lenin reburial information attack on Communist Party - party 20 April 2017, 18:22
- United Russia not to support legislation on Lenin's reburial as it splits society - Duma deputy 20 April 2017, 18:17
- Duma members propose bill to regulate burial of Lenin's body 20 April 2017, 16:10
- Ukrainian army has sent about 500 Wahhabis to Mariupol, DNR says 20 April 2017, 13:18
- Kremlin has no reasons not to believe info received from head of Chechnya on human rights observance in republic – Peskov (updated) 20 April 2017, 13:05
- Lavrov discusses int'l issues, Afghanistan with Prince Aga Khan IV 20 April 2017, 11:23
- Russian ombudsman suspects reports on gay men's harassment in Chechnya may be false 20 April 2017, 11:15
- Russian church desecrated in Israel 18 April 2017, 18:32
- Patriarch Kirill surprised to see no intl reaction to violence against Church in Ukraine 18 April 2017, 18:28