13 February 2017, 14:23
Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia urges to settle the question with St. Isaac Cathedral in compliance with the law
Moscow, February 13, Interfax - The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia speaks for civilized settlement of the situation around St. Isaac Cathedral in St. Petersburg.
"I think this question should be settled in compliance with the law "On transferring of religious property in state or municipal ownership to religious organizations" adopted in 2010, which is usually called the restitution law," spokesman of the Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia Boruch Gorin told Interfax-Religion.
According to him, the question of transferring the cathedral "should be settled in courts in compliance with this law, not in the streets during the meetings." "If an object belonged to a religious community, it should be given back to it," Gorin stressed.
He also believes it "absolutely impossible" for FJCR leaders to dissuade Jews from participating in protests against transferring the cathedral as some Orthodox activists wish.
"These suggestions demonstrate ignorance of those who voice them pointing out to the schemes of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion according to which all Jews are subordinated to one center and act in compliance with its orders," the FJCR official noted.
He said that it was "not just like this," and reminded a well-known proverb "two Jews - three opinions". Besides, Gorin further said, people who were registered as Jews in their birth certificates and now participate in protests against transferring the cathedral "hardly associate themselves with Judaism and are not interested in the FJCR opinion on the question."
- Metropolitan Alexander (Drabinko) who proclaimed himself Constantinople cleric says each Ukrainian orthodox bishop should choose whose side to belong 17 October 2018, 10:12
- Russian Orthodox Church planning to address issue of pastoral direction for Russians on territory of Constantinople Patriarchate (updated) 16 October 2018, 19:08
- Dodon proposes hosting Pan-Orthodox Council in Moldova 16 October 2018, 18:00
- Peskov: Kremlin concerned by relations between Russian Orthodox Church and Constantinople 16 October 2018, 15:47
- Poroshenko to propose granting Constantinople permanent use of St. Andrew's Church in Kiev 16 October 2018, 13:57
- Russian Orthodox Church takes path of self-isolation - Poroshenko 16 October 2018, 13:10
- Holy Synod of Russian Orthodox Church appoints new bishops to administer parishes in Europe, U.S 16 October 2018, 11:45
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church leader attended Russian Synod meeting, supported its decision - Metropolitan Hilarion 16 October 2018, 10:14
- Belarusian Orthodox Church joins Holy Synod's decision to break up with Constantinople 16 October 2018, 10:10
- Former primate of Orthodox Church in U.S. opposes U.S. policy about church in Ukraine 15 October 2018, 22:24
- Moscow Patriarchate renews calls for Constantinople to refrain from steps undermining Church unity - Russian Synod 15 October 2018, 22:21
- Russian Church hopes Ukrainian believers will not be harassed 15 October 2018, 22:17
- Russian Orthodox Church hopes Patriarch of Constantinople will change his mind on Ukraine 15 October 2018, 22:13
- Further Eucharistic communion with Patriarchate of Constantinople deemed impossible - Russian Synod's decision 15 October 2018, 22:10
- Court throws out Pentecostals' suit seeking agreement with penitentiary service on prison visits in Astrakhan 15 October 2018, 17:56
- Lukashenko blames politicians for events in Orthodox Church 15 October 2018, 15:24
- Holy Synod of Russian Orthodox Church discussing possible response to Constantinople's actions 15 October 2018, 14:30
- Lukashenko promises to support unity of Orthodox faith 15 October 2018, 13:46
- Police release 100 people detained near Kiev Monastery of the Caves on Sunday – media 15 October 2018, 13:43
- Russian Security Council discussed Constantinople decisions on Russian Church in Ukraine on Friday – Peskov 15 October 2018, 13:40
- Patriarch Kirill thanks Lukashenko for Belarusian govt's good relations with Belarusian Orthodox Church 15 October 2018, 11:32
- Minsk worried about possible schism in Orthodox Church – Lukashenko 15 October 2018, 11:29
- Lukashenko meets with Patriarch Kirill 15 October 2018, 11:09
- Ukraine never was, never will be Russian Orthodox Church's canonical territory – Poroshenko 15 October 2018, 11:01
- Ukrainian authorities to respect decision by flock who want to keep unity with Russian Orthodox Church – Poroshenko 15 October 2018, 10:58
- Patriarch Kirill hopes for continued Orthodox unity 13 October 2018, 18:07
- Constantinople Patriarchate still does not see Filaret Denisenko as patriarch - Phanar hierarch 13 October 2018, 18:05
- Constantinople Patriarchate's decision on Ukraine makes impossible Russian Orthodox Church's unity with it - Metropolitan Hilarion 13 October 2018, 18:02
- Putin, Russian Security Council permanent members discuss situation of Russian Orthodox Church in Ukraine - Peskov 13 October 2018, 17:59
- Constantinople Patriarchate's decision on Ukraine makes impossible Russian Orthodox Church's unity with it - Metropolitan Hilarion 13 October 2018, 11:02