18 May 2017, 10:33
Russia - Islamic World group seeking consultative status with UN
Kazan, May 18, Interfax - The Russia - Islamic World strategic vision group comprised representatives of about three dozen of countries is planning to obtain the consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council, Rustam Minnikhanov, Republic of Tatarstan president and the group's chairman, said.
"It's important to point out that we have submitted documents to the United Nations to obtain the consultative status with the UN Economic and Social Council, which will allow us to speak at the global level and share experience and suggestions with colleagues from all over the world," Minnikhanov's press service cited him as saying at a meeting of the Russia - Islamic World strategic vision group in Grozny on Wednesday.
Third meeting of the group is taking place in Grozny on May 16-18. Heads of republics of the North Caucasian Federal District, Tatarstan, Bashkortostan, as well as representatives of about three dozens of neighboring countries and beyond, are participating in the meeting.
The main subject for the discussion is prospects of economic cooperation Russia and the Muslim states.
"The issues of elaborating on the measures of countering the increasing security threats based on traditional spiritual values accumulated by Islam and other world religions will be discussed at the event as well," the press service said.
Following the conclusion of the events in Grozny, guests and participants of the group will arrive in Tatarstan to participate in the 9th Russia - Islamic World Kazansummit 2017 international economic summit and Izge Bolgar Zhyene events (celebrations on the occasion of Volga Bulgaria's conversion to Islam in 922 held in the ancient city of Bolgar, in Tatarstan's Spassky District) on May 18.
- Patriarch Kirill tells Anglican leader about Ukraine's religious freedom violations 21 November 2017, 18:14
- Medvedev notes Patriarch Kirill's efforts in consolidating multi-million-person Russian world 21 November 2017, 10:03
- Patriarch Kirill calls on film, stage industry not to rock boat of human passions 21 November 2017, 10:00
- Nikita Belykh allowed church wedding in detention 20 November 2017, 17:38
- Million signatures for protecting children from the moment of conception will be conveyed to the Kremlin administration 20 November 2017, 16:30
- Patriarch of Georgia will baptize 670 children on St. George Day 20 November 2017, 16:28
- Jewish leader thanks Patriarch Kirill on his birthday for "colossal" contribution to developing inter-religious relations 20 November 2017, 16:26
- Putin gives Patriarch Kirill painting featuring Kremlin's main Orthodox church 20 November 2017, 12:21
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls for laws protecting child since conception 20 November 2017, 10:46
- Belgorod imam sentenced to 8.5 years for abetting terrorism 17 November 2017, 13:08
- Georgian Ministry of Interior concerned with “sweet bombarding” of countryside schools with priests participating 17 November 2017, 10:47
- Searches conducted at home of imam of one of Nazran's main mosques 17 November 2017, 10:07
- Moscow mufti urges adoption of Islam development strategy to 2030 16 November 2017, 21:55
- Ukrainian parliament makes Catholic Christmas a public holiday 16 November 2017, 21:53
- Patriarch Kirill tells U.S. ambassador of importance of developing "heart-level" contacts among pious Russians, Americans 16 November 2017, 18:46
- Talk of restoring monarchy in Russia premature - Maria Romanova 16 November 2017, 17:03
- Patriarch Kirill asks Putin to back Donbass prisoner exchange proposal 15 November 2017, 16:33
- Justice Ministry regrets ECHR rejection of Russian request to review decision on law banning gay propaganda among children 15 November 2017, 10:00
- Head of the Anglican Church arrives in Moscow next week 13 November 2017, 16:32
- Jewish Museum and Center of Tolerance celebrate their fifth anniversary 13 November 2017, 16:28
- Soviet Union managed to build "a kingdom of justice," church official believes 13 November 2017, 10:24
- Particle of St. Seraphim of Sarov relics will be brought to Greece 13 November 2017, 10:20
- Russia should impose 5-10-year moratorium on Lenin burial topic - Church representative 13 November 2017, 10:01
- Head of Madrid-based House of Romanov to meet with Patriarch Kirill in Moscow on Nov 18 09 November 2017, 10:29
- Russia without revolution could have achieved more, Metropolitan Hilarion believes 07 November 2017, 18:10
- Business ombudsman calls for Lenin to be removed from Mausoleum, for final end to be put to Soviet past 07 November 2017, 10:11
- Kadyrov waiting for Zyuganov's apology for remarks on Lenin's burial 07 November 2017, 10:07
- Putin offers Trump condolences over Texas tragedy 07 November 2017, 10:02
- Mausoleum is, must remain Lenin's burial place – Zyuganov 02 November 2017, 18:04
- Head of human rights council suggests turning Mausoleum into museum, selling tickets to enter it, think of Lenin's body as pharaoh's mummy 02 November 2017, 17:26