18 May 2017, 10:33
Russia - Islamic World group seeking consultative status with UN
Kazan, May 18, Interfax - The Russia - Islamic World strategic vision group comprised representatives of about three dozen of countries is planning to obtain the consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council, Rustam Minnikhanov, Republic of Tatarstan president and the group's chairman, said.
"It's important to point out that we have submitted documents to the United Nations to obtain the consultative status with the UN Economic and Social Council, which will allow us to speak at the global level and share experience and suggestions with colleagues from all over the world," Minnikhanov's press service cited him as saying at a meeting of the Russia - Islamic World strategic vision group in Grozny on Wednesday.
Third meeting of the group is taking place in Grozny on May 16-18. Heads of republics of the North Caucasian Federal District, Tatarstan, Bashkortostan, as well as representatives of about three dozens of neighboring countries and beyond, are participating in the meeting.
The main subject for the discussion is prospects of economic cooperation Russia and the Muslim states.
"The issues of elaborating on the measures of countering the increasing security threats based on traditional spiritual values accumulated by Islam and other world religions will be discussed at the event as well," the press service said.
Following the conclusion of the events in Grozny, guests and participants of the group will arrive in Tatarstan to participate in the 9th Russia - Islamic World Kazansummit 2017 international economic summit and Izge Bolgar Zhyene events (celebrations on the occasion of Volga Bulgaria's conversion to Islam in 922 held in the ancient city of Bolgar, in Tatarstan's Spassky District) on May 18.
- Russian Church to help Syria return to peaceful life - Patriarch Kirill 19 September 2018, 10:00
- Putin, Erdogan didn't discuss conflict between Russian Orthodox Church, Constantinople – Peskov 18 September 2018, 12:23
- Constantinople exarch in Kiev collects works of Ukrainian nationalists 18 September 2018, 10:20
- Constantinople's exarch says willing to cooperate with "Kiev Patriarchate" 17 September 2018, 19:01
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls Constantinople policy mean 17 September 2018, 17:44
- Metropolitan Hilarion recommends Constantinople to form "one local Church in America" 17 September 2018, 17:44
- Metropolitan Hilarion accuses U.S. of deliberately destroying Russian Orthodox Church 17 September 2018, 11:32
- Russian Orthodox Church says Patriarchate of Constantinople status might be reviewed 14 September 2018, 21:55
- Patriarch Kirill's spokesman likens state of Moscow-Constantinople relations with yellow traffic light 14 September 2018, 21:53
- Moscow Patriarchate suspends mentioning of Patriarch Bartholomew in prayers at church services 14 September 2018, 21:48
- Constantinople Patriarchate has no right to interfere in Ukrainian church affairs - Metropolitan Onufry 14 September 2018, 15:29
- Constantinople has 'tradition' of encouraging schisms in Russian Orthodox Church - Patriarch Kirill 14 September 2018, 15:14
- Moldovan president proposes outlawing gay prides 14 September 2018, 14:31
- Kremlin following current session of Holy Synod of Russian Orthodox Church - Peskov 14 September 2018, 14:23
- UOC official believes most of its parishioners won't leave for Constantinople's "autocephaly" 14 September 2018, 09:43
- Russian Orthodox Church Holy Synod to hold extraordinary meeting on Sept 14 13 September 2018, 20:55
- Situation surrounding Ukrainian Orthodox Church in Kiev is state's brutal interference in Church affairs - Russian Foreign Ministry 13 September 2018, 17:15
- Metropolitan Hilarion meets with apostolic nuncio to Russia 13 September 2018, 14:07
- Greece's visa denial to Metropolitan Varsonofy scandalous - Moscow Patriarchate 13 September 2018, 13:06
- Constantinople's actions can result in a schism in Orthodoxy, exceeding the Great Schism of 1054, Russian church official says 13 September 2018, 13:03
- The Russian Orthodox Church urges UOC believers to unite around Metropolitan Onufry 13 September 2018, 11:53
- Constantinople legates arrive in Ukraine - sources 12 September 2018, 19:31
- Metropolitan Onufry calls on flock to stay faithful to the canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church 12 September 2018, 17:08
- Tajik authorities see no need for religious party in country 12 September 2018, 16:26
- Washington stands behind Constantinople's actions in Ukraine - historian 12 September 2018, 11:28
- New church schism in Ukraine will be more dangerous than NATO expansion - expert 12 September 2018, 10:31
- Washington pledges support for Kiev in struggle for right to have united autocephalous Orthodox church 12 September 2018, 09:53
- Patriarch Bartholomew's position on Ukrainian Church motivated by politics rather than religion - Russian Imperial Family head 11 September 2018, 17:05
- Jerusalem patriarch expresses solidarity with the head of the canonical UOC 11 September 2018, 14:20
- Putin urges to follow the example of the chief rabbi of Russia - father of 14 children 11 September 2018, 13:05