24 May 2017, 15:12
Patriarch Kirill will consecrate a cathedral built to the 100th anniversary of the revolution
Moscow, May 24, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia on Thursday, the feast of Ascension, will conduct a great consecration of the cathedral dedicated to the new martyrs and confessors suffered from Bolsheviks for their faith at the Moscow Sretensky Monastery.
During the Divine service relics of the Holy Martyr Hilarion (Troitsky) who was the rector of the Sretensky Monastery in the 1920s will be moved from the ancient cathedral of the convent to this new church. The relics will be put in a special reliquary set in the stones brought from the Solovetsky Islands where the holy martyr was in prison in 1924-1929, the Russian Church reports at its website.
Head of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia Metropolitan Hilarion will participate in the consecration.
In spring 2011, Patriarch Kirill spoke for perpetuating the memory of those who were killed for faith in the years of persecutions against the Church in the Sretensky Monastery. In the end of December 2013, he consecrated the foundation of the church which should be completed to the 100th anniversary of the revolution.
The church is 61-meter high. The newest technologies were used in its building. The system of ventilation and air-conditioning was installed to provide microclimate inside. Digital equipment is used to control lightning, heating, audio and video broadcasting systems.
The cathedral is covered with stone thread from Vladimir limestone. Ancient cathedrals of Moscow, Suzdal and Vladimir are made from the same stone.
The educational center and the youth center will occupy two floors at the stylobate part. Two museums - the Museum of New Martyrs and the Museum of the Turin Shroud will be set up at the church.
- Christians of Soviet times showed an example of uncompromising faith, Benedict XVI believes 24 May 2018, 14:32
- Lawyer for convicted priest Grozovsky files appeal 24 May 2018, 14:22
- Former Pope of Rome in his book criticizes new trends in Catholicism - Metropolitan Hilarion 24 May 2018, 14:13
- Serbian patriarch supports the unity of the Russian Church 24 May 2018, 12:27
- Moldovan president says LGBT march in Chisinau is alien to his country 22 May 2018, 16:50
- Autocephalous Church will complete formation of Ukraine's spiritual independence, boost national security - Poroshenko 21 May 2018, 11:52
- Sexual minorities hold their first successful parade in Chisinau 21 May 2018, 11:50
- Two policemen, churchgoer killed in special operation to eliminate militants in Grozny 21 May 2018, 11:46
- Christianity is world's most persecuted religion - Patriarch Kirill 17 May 2018, 18:54
- Granting Ukrainian splinter autocephalous church status would be legal nonsense - Metropolitan Hilarion 15 May 2018, 11:58
- Metropolitan Hilarion believes the world has entered the period of a new 'cold war,' presidents of Russia and the USA should sit at negotiating table 14 May 2018, 15:11
- Eco mosque functioning on solar batteries opened in Ukraine 11 May 2018, 17:33
- Establishing of the so-called one local Church in Ukraine will deepen the existing schism, the UOC official believes 11 May 2018, 17:15
- Jewish Day of Salvation and Liberation promotes understanding among people - Putin 10 May 2018, 13:22
- Russia seeks deeper ties with Islamic states - Putin 10 May 2018, 11:44
- Metropolitan Hilarion hopes local Churches will support canonical Church in Ukraine 08 May 2018, 10:38
- Patriarch Kirill wishes Putin health, strength to fulfill presidential tasks 07 May 2018, 16:08
- Metropolitan Onufry: setting up a united local Church in Ukraine will make us second-rate people 07 May 2018, 15:18
- First time in the new history six Jewish couples got married simultaneously 04 May 2018, 18:40
- Metropolitan Hilarion foresees schism in Orthodoxy compared to the Great Schism if Ukrainian schismatics obtain autocephaly 04 May 2018, 12:36
- Suspected organizer of Aum Shinrikyo sect's unit arrested in Moscow 04 May 2018, 10:33
- Metropolitan Hilarion does not share Patriarch Bartholomew's opinion about inevitable unification of Churches 03 May 2018, 11:17
- Catholicos of All Armenians, Armenian protest leader discuss ways of resolving crisis in country 28 April 2018, 11:07
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls for Putin-Trump summit to promote world peace 23 April 2018, 15:09
- Kiev envoy goes to Istanbul with request on Ukrainian autocephaly for Ecumenical patriarch 20 April 2018, 17:35
- Catholicos of All Armenians urges protestors, police to exercise restraints 19 April 2018, 18:24
- Metropolitan Hilarion on situation in Ukraine: secular administration cannot initiate creation of autocephalous Church (updated) 19 April 2018, 14:41
- Rada speaker hopes for approval of autocephalous Ukrainian Orthodox Church by late July 19 April 2018, 14:37
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church's autocephaly is geopolitical issue – Poroshenko 19 April 2018, 14:20
- Actions aimed at dividing church are not welcome - Peskov on situation in Ukraine 19 April 2018, 12:52