24 May 2017, 15:12
Patriarch Kirill will consecrate a cathedral built to the 100th anniversary of the revolution
Moscow, May 24, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia on Thursday, the feast of Ascension, will conduct a great consecration of the cathedral dedicated to the new martyrs and confessors suffered from Bolsheviks for their faith at the Moscow Sretensky Monastery.
During the Divine service relics of the Holy Martyr Hilarion (Troitsky) who was the rector of the Sretensky Monastery in the 1920s will be moved from the ancient cathedral of the convent to this new church. The relics will be put in a special reliquary set in the stones brought from the Solovetsky Islands where the holy martyr was in prison in 1924-1929, the Russian Church reports at its website.
Head of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia Metropolitan Hilarion will participate in the consecration.
In spring 2011, Patriarch Kirill spoke for perpetuating the memory of those who were killed for faith in the years of persecutions against the Church in the Sretensky Monastery. In the end of December 2013, he consecrated the foundation of the church which should be completed to the 100th anniversary of the revolution.
The church is 61-meter high. The newest technologies were used in its building. The system of ventilation and air-conditioning was installed to provide microclimate inside. Digital equipment is used to control lightning, heating, audio and video broadcasting systems.
The cathedral is covered with stone thread from Vladimir limestone. Ancient cathedrals of Moscow, Suzdal and Vladimir are made from the same stone.
The educational center and the youth center will occupy two floors at the stylobate part. Two museums - the Museum of New Martyrs and the Museum of the Turin Shroud will be set up at the church.
- Russian Orthodox Church planning to address issue of pastoral direction for Russians on territory of Constantinople Patriarchate (updated) 16 October 2018, 19:08
- Dodon proposes hosting Pan-Orthodox Council in Moldova 16 October 2018, 18:00
- Peskov: Kremlin concerned by relations between Russian Orthodox Church and Constantinople 16 October 2018, 15:47
- Poroshenko to propose granting Constantinople permanent use of St. Andrew's Church in Kiev 16 October 2018, 13:57
- Russian Orthodox Church takes path of self-isolation - Poroshenko 16 October 2018, 13:10
- Holy Synod of Russian Orthodox Church appoints new bishops to administer parishes in Europe, U.S 16 October 2018, 11:45
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church leader attended Russian Synod meeting, supported its decision - Metropolitan Hilarion 16 October 2018, 10:14
- Belarusian Orthodox Church joins Holy Synod's decision to break up with Constantinople 16 October 2018, 10:10
- Former primate of Orthodox Church in U.S. opposes U.S. policy about church in Ukraine 15 October 2018, 22:24
- Moscow Patriarchate renews calls for Constantinople to refrain from steps undermining Church unity - Russian Synod 15 October 2018, 22:21
- Russian Church hopes Ukrainian believers will not be harassed 15 October 2018, 22:17
- Russian Orthodox Church hopes Patriarch of Constantinople will change his mind on Ukraine 15 October 2018, 22:13
- Further Eucharistic communion with Patriarchate of Constantinople deemed impossible - Russian Synod's decision 15 October 2018, 22:10
- Court throws out Pentecostals' suit seeking agreement with penitentiary service on prison visits in Astrakhan 15 October 2018, 17:56
- Lukashenko blames politicians for events in Orthodox Church 15 October 2018, 15:24
- Holy Synod of Russian Orthodox Church discussing possible response to Constantinople's actions 15 October 2018, 14:30
- Lukashenko promises to support unity of Orthodox faith 15 October 2018, 13:46
- Police release 100 people detained near Kiev Monastery of the Caves on Sunday – media 15 October 2018, 13:43
- Russian Security Council discussed Constantinople decisions on Russian Church in Ukraine on Friday – Peskov 15 October 2018, 13:40
- Patriarch Kirill thanks Lukashenko for Belarusian govt's good relations with Belarusian Orthodox Church 15 October 2018, 11:32
- Minsk worried about possible schism in Orthodox Church – Lukashenko 15 October 2018, 11:29
- Lukashenko meets with Patriarch Kirill 15 October 2018, 11:09
- Ukraine never was, never will be Russian Orthodox Church's canonical territory – Poroshenko 15 October 2018, 11:01
- Ukrainian authorities to respect decision by flock who want to keep unity with Russian Orthodox Church – Poroshenko 15 October 2018, 10:58
- Patriarch Kirill hopes for continued Orthodox unity 13 October 2018, 18:07
- Constantinople Patriarchate still does not see Filaret Denisenko as patriarch - Phanar hierarch 13 October 2018, 18:05
- Constantinople Patriarchate's decision on Ukraine makes impossible Russian Orthodox Church's unity with it - Metropolitan Hilarion 13 October 2018, 18:02
- Putin, Russian Security Council permanent members discuss situation of Russian Orthodox Church in Ukraine - Peskov 13 October 2018, 17:59
- Constantinople Patriarchate's decision on Ukraine makes impossible Russian Orthodox Church's unity with it - Metropolitan Hilarion 13 October 2018, 11:02
- Lavrov calls Patriarch Bartholomew's actions on Ukraine as provocation backed by U.S. (updated) 12 October 2018, 19:35