30 May 2017, 10:44
Russian Orthodox Spiritual and Cultural Center combines Russian traditions, Paris architecture – Putin
Paris, May 30, Interfax - Russian President Vladimir Putin visited the Russian Orthodox Spiritual and Cultural Center located on Quai Branly in the historic heart of Paris on Monday evening.
Jean-Michelle Willmotte, the author of the design project, Anne Hidalgo, the Paris mayor, and heads of the metropolitan area welcomed the Russian president.
"This project is implemented well," the president said. "You were able to combine the Russian traditions and the architecture of Paris," Putin told the architect.
Wilmotte, who showed the miniature of all buildings of the center to the president, said that in his work he had tried to fit the new complex of modern glass and metal buildings seamlessly with the historical buildings in this part of Paris.
"The Russian house fit with the quarter harmoniously. Nothing was done at random. It is the most exciting project in my life," he said.
"The center's building is alive, it provides benefits," the Paris mayor said. "This ensemble has become a part of the Parisian silhouette. It's a true work of art," Hidalgo said.
Rachida Dati, the mayor of the 7th arrondissement of Paris, agreed with her, and she particularly pointed out that "Parisians acknowledged the center as their own."
The president visited the academic building in the center's territory later. He attended the exhibition on the First World War (1914-1918) shown there. French historian and archeologist Pierre Malinovsky told the Russian president about excavations he has been carrying out at the combat sites of the Russian Expeditionary Force, which had been sent to help the allied France, for several years.
The historian told the president that he intends to continue the historical expedition at the combat sites involving Russian troops. He is planning to invite Russian students studying history to take part in a long-term research project this summer.
- Belgorod imam sentenced to 8.5 years for abetting terrorism 17 November 2017, 13:08
- Georgian Ministry of Interior concerned with “sweet bombarding” of countryside schools with priests participating 17 November 2017, 10:47
- Searches conducted at home of imam of one of Nazran's main mosques 17 November 2017, 10:07
- Moscow mufti urges adoption of Islam development strategy to 2030 16 November 2017, 21:55
- Ukrainian parliament makes Catholic Christmas a public holiday 16 November 2017, 21:53
- Patriarch Kirill tells U.S. ambassador of importance of developing "heart-level" contacts among pious Russians, Americans 16 November 2017, 18:46
- Talk of restoring monarchy in Russia premature - Maria Romanova 16 November 2017, 17:03
- Patriarch Kirill asks Putin to back Donbass prisoner exchange proposal 15 November 2017, 16:33
- Justice Ministry regrets ECHR rejection of Russian request to review decision on law banning gay propaganda among children 15 November 2017, 10:00
- Head of the Anglican Church arrives in Moscow next week 13 November 2017, 16:32
- Jewish Museum and Center of Tolerance celebrate their fifth anniversary 13 November 2017, 16:28
- Soviet Union managed to build "a kingdom of justice," church official believes 13 November 2017, 10:24
- Particle of St. Seraphim of Sarov relics will be brought to Greece 13 November 2017, 10:20
- Russia should impose 5-10-year moratorium on Lenin burial topic - Church representative 13 November 2017, 10:01
- Head of Madrid-based House of Romanov to meet with Patriarch Kirill in Moscow on Nov 18 09 November 2017, 10:29
- Russia without revolution could have achieved more, Metropolitan Hilarion believes 07 November 2017, 18:10
- Business ombudsman calls for Lenin to be removed from Mausoleum, for final end to be put to Soviet past 07 November 2017, 10:11
- Kadyrov waiting for Zyuganov's apology for remarks on Lenin's burial 07 November 2017, 10:07
- Putin offers Trump condolences over Texas tragedy 07 November 2017, 10:02
- Mausoleum is, must remain Lenin's burial place – Zyuganov 02 November 2017, 18:04
- Head of human rights council suggests turning Mausoleum into museum, selling tickets to enter it, think of Lenin's body as pharaoh's mummy 02 November 2017, 17:26
- Majority of Russian Protestants unlike western stand for traditional morals - Metropolitan Hilarion 02 November 2017, 16:37
- Patriarch Kirill invites Patriarch Ilia II to Moscow to celebrate 100th anniversary of restoration of Russian patriarchate 02 November 2017, 16:36
- Lenin's burial not on Kremlin agenda - Peskov 02 November 2017, 13:33
- Patriarch Kirill criticizes 'color' revolutions for using quasi-religious rhetoric 02 November 2017, 10:01
- Church representative speaks against renaming the October Revolution to "Russian" one 01 November 2017, 16:30
- Russian Jews point out to Patriarch Kirill’s special role in opposing Anti-Semitism and xenophobia 01 November 2017, 14:00
- Patriarch Kirill: if we do not educate our people, others will do it 01 November 2017, 13:29
- President and patriarch opens a monument to victims of repressions in Moscow 31 October 2017, 10:52
- Patriarch Kirill fears total control over people via gadgets 31 October 2017, 10:28