09 June 2017, 10:17
Three extremists spreading radical Islam ideas convicted in Uzbekistan
Tashkent, June 9, Interfax - Two active propagators of religious extremism ideas were sentenced to three and seven years, their accomplice was sentenced to two years and six months of correctional labor in Uzbekistan's Ferghana Region, a representative of the court in the city of Margilan said.
"For spreading materials with extremism-related content forbidden in the republic Gairatzhon Pakhriddinov is sentenced to seven years of imprisonment, Khatiyatillo Kamolov to three years, Abdumalik Khasanov is sentenced to two years and six months of correctional labor with 20% of salary deducted in favor of the state," the court representative told Interfax.
The investigation has established that Pakhriddinov has received from his acquaintance a disk with the recordings of statements issued by Jihadism ideological leader Abdulloh kori, he said. Having transferred the materials to a laptop, he began to actively spread it among his acquaintances and family members and has arranged their home screening.
Third defendant in the case Khasanov has also passed Pakhriddinov religious extremism materials, which were illegally transported on a disk by his woman family member from Kyrgyzstan. The disk contained radical Islamism follower Rafik kori Kamalov' recordings.
During the special operation employees of the national security service and the law enforcement agencies have detained all of the three extremists. During the search at Pakhriddinov's home a laptop, which contained different religious materials, has been discovered and seized.
The examination revealed that they were aimed at toppling the current constitutional order in Uzbekistan and contained a threat to public safety and order in the republic. At the same time, similar materials are forbidden for delivery and spreading in the country by the legislation.
- "Kiev Patriarchate" head threatens to disrupt unification assembly 10 December 2018, 18:28
- SBU officials didn't let Donetsk metropolitan cross contact line 10 December 2018, 16:12
- Poroshenko asks Metropolitan Onufry to help have Ukrainian naval sailors freed 10 December 2018, 11:06
- "Unification gathering" in Ukraine has no legitimacy - Russian Orthodox Church 10 December 2018, 11:02
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church Synod says its episcopate, parishioners pressured, persecuted 07 December 2018, 21:52
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church Synod denies Bartholomew right to convene meeting in Ukraine, bans its clerics, laypeople from attending it 07 December 2018, 18:36
- Metropolitan Onufry returns to Istanbul invitation to unification assembly 07 December 2018, 17:19
- Russian police find no extremism in Jewish movement Shahar leader's actions 07 December 2018, 12:59
- IOPS to open division in Istanbul despite patriarch Bartholomew's opinion 07 December 2018, 12:13
- Patriarch Bartholomew calls on UOC Metropolitan Onufry to take part in unification assembly 07 December 2018, 12:09
- Ukraine's new Orthodox church will be independent - Poroshenko's entourage 07 December 2018, 10:48
- Patriarch Kirill accuses Poroshenko of interfering in religious affairs 07 December 2018, 10:42
- Russian FM, Vatican sec call for boosting bilateral ties 07 December 2018, 10:40
- Ukrainian authorities use Stalin-era methods to seek tomos - Ukrainian Orthodox Church 06 December 2018, 17:45
- Ukrainian presidential advisor describes future local Ukrainian church 06 December 2018, 16:50
- Ukrainian authorities' accusations of canonical Church are revenge for latter's independence - Russian Church 06 December 2018, 16:38
- Ukrainian Autocephalic Orthodox Church not to nominate candidates for post of head of "unified local church" 06 December 2018, 14:41
- Unification assembly in Ukraine is unacceptable amid repression of Orthodox Christians - Russian Church 06 December 2018, 14:38
- Metropolitan of Sarny and Polesye asks Putin to release Ukrainian sailors 06 December 2018, 11:26
- Filaret won't seek post of head of Ukraine's local autocephalous church 06 December 2018, 11:22
- Orthodox priests from Rovno, Sarny questioned in treason, religious hatred inquiry - Ukrainian Security Service 06 December 2018, 11:19
- Russian embassy outraged by Constantinople 'ascribing' itself Russian church in Pyongyang 06 December 2018, 11:16
- Constantinople not planning to grant autocephaly to Ukrainian church - media 05 December 2018, 17:19
- Russian Orthodox Church calls ECHR decision on Pussy Riot members' appeal blow to legal protection of religious freedom (updated) 05 December 2018, 17:11
- Patriarch Kirill concerned about recent events in Russian-Ukrainian relations – spokesman 05 December 2018, 13:15
- SBU accuses Ukrainian Orthodox Church of spreading materials sowing religious discord (updated) 05 December 2018, 12:32
- SBU unit's behind pressure on Ukrainian Orthodox Church – media 05 December 2018, 11:45
- Unifying Orthodox assembly in Ukraine to be held on Dec 15 – Poroshenko (updated) 05 December 2018, 11:24
- ECHR rejects Russia's request to send application of Pussy Riot members convicted for punk prayer in Moscow cathedral to Grand Chamber 04 December 2018, 19:04
- Organizer of Jehovah's Witnesses meetings indicted in Kamchatka 04 December 2018, 14:11