09 June 2017, 10:17
Three extremists spreading radical Islam ideas convicted in Uzbekistan
Tashkent, June 9, Interfax - Two active propagators of religious extremism ideas were sentenced to three and seven years, their accomplice was sentenced to two years and six months of correctional labor in Uzbekistan's Ferghana Region, a representative of the court in the city of Margilan said.
"For spreading materials with extremism-related content forbidden in the republic Gairatzhon Pakhriddinov is sentenced to seven years of imprisonment, Khatiyatillo Kamolov to three years, Abdumalik Khasanov is sentenced to two years and six months of correctional labor with 20% of salary deducted in favor of the state," the court representative told Interfax.
The investigation has established that Pakhriddinov has received from his acquaintance a disk with the recordings of statements issued by Jihadism ideological leader Abdulloh kori, he said. Having transferred the materials to a laptop, he began to actively spread it among his acquaintances and family members and has arranged their home screening.
Third defendant in the case Khasanov has also passed Pakhriddinov religious extremism materials, which were illegally transported on a disk by his woman family member from Kyrgyzstan. The disk contained radical Islamism follower Rafik kori Kamalov' recordings.
During the special operation employees of the national security service and the law enforcement agencies have detained all of the three extremists. During the search at Pakhriddinov's home a laptop, which contained different religious materials, has been discovered and seized.
The examination revealed that they were aimed at toppling the current constitutional order in Uzbekistan and contained a threat to public safety and order in the republic. At the same time, similar materials are forbidden for delivery and spreading in the country by the legislation.
- Russia puts Jehovah's Witnesses on prohibited organization list 17 August 2017, 14:10
- Vatican secretary of state to hold talks in Russia 17 August 2017, 13:14
- Vatican secretary of state won't discuss prospects for pope's Russia visit in Moscow - Russian Catholic official 17 August 2017, 12:33
- Increase of number of repatriates from Russia to Israel unrelated to actual relocation – FJCR 17 August 2017, 10:00
- Russian Jews call on Trump to suppress anti-Semitic outbreaks in U.S. 16 August 2017, 19:29
- State Duma dubs U.S. Dept of State's report on oppression of religious minorities in Russia as unprofessional 16 August 2017, 10:11
- Russia tops list of countries by emigration to Israel 16 August 2017, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill, Vatican state secretary to discuss Ukraine situation 16 August 2017, 10:00
- Number of Russian Muslims to undertake hajj increases by 3,000, to 23,500 people, this year 11 August 2017, 13:38
- Priest from Yevpatoria asks to set up a nudist beach in Crimea 10 August 2017, 10:51
- March of the Living to be held in Rostov region to commemorate Jews massacred by Nazi 09 August 2017, 10:00
- Erdogan to attend OIC summit in Astana 08 August 2017, 15:09
- Protestant pastor jailed for 3 years for extremism in Tajikistan 08 August 2017, 10:17
- Priest detained in Vitebsk brothel to be temporary banned from ministry - Russian Orthodox Church 08 August 2017, 10:14
- Russian Jews appalled by reproaches of trying to monetize Holocaust tragedy 08 August 2017, 10:00
- Head of Russian old believers does not believe in overcoming schism with the Moscow Patriarchate 07 August 2017, 13:53
- Over 100 Georgian prisoners imprisoned in Istanbul demand to set up a corner for prayers 07 August 2017, 11:12
- Russian MP congratulates Georgian patriarch on his name day in Tbilisi – media 04 August 2017, 12:15
- Govt prioritizes stronger inter-ethnic, inter-religious accord – Putin 03 August 2017, 15:23
- FJCR President welcomes law on the Victory Day adopted by the knesset 28 July 2017, 14:10
- Kremlin receives no notice from Kadyrov on readiness to resign as Chechnya head to defend Al-Aqsa Mosque 28 July 2017, 13:26
- Kadyrov suggests holy sites on Temple Mount be returned under Jordan's control 28 July 2017, 10:31
- Israeli ambassador to Russia hopes Moscow to support security measures on Jerusalem's Temple Mount 26 July 2017, 18:19
- Russia could assume role in resolving conflict around Temple Mount in Jerusalem - Palestinian ambassador 26 July 2017, 17:12
- Israel commits to preserve full access to holy places in Jerusalem - ambassador to Russia 26 July 2017, 17:07
- FJCR convinced that scandal surrounding Temple Mount is anti-Semites' work 25 July 2017, 18:38
- Almost 80% of Russians approve of Jehovah's Witnesses ban in country – poll 25 July 2017, 10:00
- A total of 182,000 believers go on pilgrimage to Nicholas the Wonderworker's relics in St. Pete over past week 20 July 2017, 18:03
- LGBT problem doesn't exist in Chechnya - Russian envoy to OSCE 20 July 2017, 10:05
- Washington urges Russia to lift ban on Jehovah's Witnesses' activities 20 July 2017, 10:00