25 June 2017, 16:10
The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia accuses mufti Gainutdin of spreading anti-Semite myths
Moscow, June 25, Interfax - The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia criticizes celebration of Al Quds (the day of solidarity with Palestinians) in cathedral mosque of Moscow.
"In his Friday sermon for parishioners head of the Russian Council of Muftis mufti Ravil Gainutdin repeats various myths spread in frames of the so-called new anti-Semitism, which focuses on demonization of Israel, claiming that Muslims of Israel live "at gunpoint of Israeli soldiers" and do not have free access to Al-Aqsa mosque, "on criminal claims" of Israelis on land, which has never belonged to them," FJCR head of Public Relations Boruch Gorin told journalists on Sunday.
Gainutdin also urged "to stop the bloodshed, which during decades takes lives from peaceful citizens, women, old people, children in Palestine."
"It's a pity that the respected mufti repeats old and long ago disproved anti-Semite myths. If he had personally visited Israel as mufti Albir Krganov did several years ago, he would have seen that in Jerusalem first time for two thousand years all its residents and coming pilgrims have access to their shrines," Gorin said.
As to terrorism, according to the interviewee of the agency, "it is not Muslims, but Jews, and mostly not soldiers, but women, children and children suffer from it."
The FJCR spokesman reminded that the Al Quds day was established in 1979 by Iranian leader Ayatollah Khomeini in frames of the campaign on struggling against "Zionism."
According to Gorin, Iran paid good subsidies to families of terrorists "thus attracting new recruits for committing terrorist acts as the way to provide financial support to their relatives."
"Such celebrations and speeches are rather dangerous. People listen to religious leaders, people confide in them, and that is why they should be maximally careful about any of their public speeches. And voiced words can sow the seeds of hatred in souls of parishioners of the Moscow mosque and even help these seeds "grow" shattering interethnic and interconfessional peace in Russia," the Federation of Jewish Communities official believes.
- Leader of Christian State Kalinin may be prosecuted for fomenting hostility - police source 20 September 2017, 18:29
- Putin congratulates Jews on Jewish New Year 20 September 2017, 18:26
- Putin expects that Jewish community will promote religious tolerance in Russia 20 September 2017, 15:57
- Three people suspected of setting fire to cars outside office of Matilda director's lawyer detained 20 September 2017, 14:21
- Kazakhstan plans to set up own school of Islamic studies 19 September 2017, 10:12
- Blogger Sokolovsky's lawyer contests sentence in Sverdlovsk region court 18 September 2017, 14:15
- Navalny's volunteer gets 2 years for religious affiliation 18 September 2017, 14:13
- Kadyrov publishes address by Chechen man imprisoned in Iraq calling on Muslims not to join ISIL 18 September 2017, 11:29
- Turkish terrorists lived in house of Georgian patriarch for several months - Rustavi 2 18 September 2017, 10:00
- Tajikistan, Saudi Arabia decide to cooperate to promote tolerance, counterterrorism 15 September 2017, 11:54
- Russian police ready to curb provocations, ensure security of Matilda film viewers 14 September 2017, 17:21
- Umayyad Mosque in Syria's Aleppo to be restored with Kadyrov Fund money 13 September 2017, 11:52
- FJCR building in suspected Molotov cocktail attack 13 September 2017, 10:00
- Jehovah's Witnesses ask Supreme Court to reverse ruling declaring them extremists 12 September 2017, 16:55
- Victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks commemorated in Moscow 12 September 2017, 12:04
- No more need for rallies supporting Myanmar Muslims – Kadyrov 11 September 2017, 10:33
- Over 100 people rallying in support for Myanmar's Muslims detained on Palace Square in St. Petersburg 11 September 2017, 10:06
- Erdogan urges Islamic countries to show determination in resolving Myanmar conflict 11 September 2017, 10:00
- Canada should be asked about reports on plans to take gays from Chechnya - Russian Foreign Ministry 08 September 2017, 13:48
- Pressure on Myanmar leadership only to escalate tensions - Russian Foreign Ministry 08 September 2017, 12:17
- Russian Orthodox Church warns Ukrainian president against meddling in Church's internal affairs 07 September 2017, 18:15
- Catholicos of All Armenians heading for Moscow to take part in Karabakh meeting 07 September 2017, 17:00
- Organizer of picket in defense of Rohingya offers to meet Myanmar ambassador to Russia 07 September 2017, 15:20
- Ukraine has right to have autonomous church – Poroshenko 07 September 2017, 12:08
- Moscow authorities deny authorization to picket near Myanmar embassy 07 September 2017, 12:06
- First Turkish aid to Myanmar's Rohingya Muslims to be delivered Thursday - Turkish Red Crescent head 06 September 2017, 19:08
- Tbilisi court sentences priest found guilty of trying to kill patriarch's secretary to 9 years 05 September 2017, 18:17
- Putin against any violence in Myanmar, does not see Kadyrov's remarks as oppositional, asks everyone to calm down 05 September 2017, 10:41
- Russian, Egyptian presidents concerned about situation in Myanmar – Peskov 04 September 2017, 18:56
- Mufti Gainutdin calls on Muslims to participate only in authorized actions following events in Myanmar 04 September 2017, 18:53