20 July 2017, 18:03
A total of 182,000 believers go on pilgrimage to Nicholas the Wonderworker's relics in St. Pete over past week
St. Petersburg, July 20, Interfax - Almost 200,000 believers went on a pilgrimage to the relics of Nicholas the Wonderworker in St. Petersburg in the first days of their presence in the city.
According to the press center for the operative headquarters for the bringing of the holy relics, the number of pilgrims increased in the course of the past week. Some 13,000 people went on pilgrimage to the relics of Nicholas the Wonderworker in St. Petersburg in the first days and over 33,000 people came to the Holy Trinity Cathedral in the Alexander Nevsky Lavra on Wednesday.
A total of 182,000 people went on pilgrimage to the relics of Nicholas the Wonderworker in St. Petersburg in the past seven days.
According to earlier reports, the relics of Nicholas the Wonderworker, which arrived in the city on July 13, will remain in St. Petersburg until July 28.
According to earlier reports, almost two million pilgrims visited the relics of Nicholas the Wonderworker during their presence in Moscow in the period between May 21 and July 12.
The reliquary brought to Russia from Bari, Italy, contains part of the left rib.
Prior to this, the relics of Nicholas the Wonderworker had never left the city of Bari in 930 years. An agreement to bring the holy relics to the churches of the Russian Orthodox Church was reached following the historic meeting between Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia and the Pope. Parts of the relics of Nicholas the Wonderworker are located in some churches in St. Petersburg and the Leningrad Region on a regular basis.
- Putin sees humanitarian values as basis for Russia's and its Church's relations with Vatican 23 August 2017, 18:07
- Vatican representative hopes for broader interaction with Russian Orthodox Church 23 August 2017, 17:58
- Head of Russian Jews urges businessmen not to seek the tops of the Forbes list 23 August 2017, 15:05
- Wearing of clothes of 'destructive ideological movements' in Kazakhstan may be punishable by nearly $700 fine – bill 22 August 2017, 18:04
- Patriarch Kirill considers Orthodox, Catholic Churches' joint provision of assistance to Middle Eastern countries uniting factor 22 August 2017, 17:40
- New stage begins in Russian Church-Vatican relationship - Patriarch Kirill 22 August 2017, 17:38
- Putin to discuss bilateral agenda, Syria, Ukraine with Vatican secretary of state – Kremlin 22 August 2017, 12:54
- Kazakhstan planning to ban wearing clothing of 'destructive ideological movements' 22 August 2017, 10:03
- Romanovs confident about tsar's remains authenticity - royal family union 21 August 2017, 18:41
- Putin proposes creating 'Russian Mecca' in Khersones 21 August 2017, 10:37
- Russia puts Jehovah's Witnesses on prohibited organization list 17 August 2017, 14:10
- Vatican secretary of state to hold talks in Russia 17 August 2017, 13:14
- Vatican secretary of state won't discuss prospects for pope's Russia visit in Moscow - Russian Catholic official 17 August 2017, 12:33
- Increase of number of repatriates from Russia to Israel unrelated to actual relocation – FJCR 17 August 2017, 10:00
- Russian Jews call on Trump to suppress anti-Semitic outbreaks in U.S. 16 August 2017, 19:29
- State Duma dubs U.S. Dept of State's report on oppression of religious minorities in Russia as unprofessional 16 August 2017, 10:11
- Russia tops list of countries by emigration to Israel 16 August 2017, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill, Vatican state secretary to discuss Ukraine situation 16 August 2017, 10:00
- Number of Russian Muslims to undertake hajj increases by 3,000, to 23,500 people, this year 11 August 2017, 13:38
- Priest from Yevpatoria asks to set up a nudist beach in Crimea 10 August 2017, 10:51
- March of the Living to be held in Rostov region to commemorate Jews massacred by Nazi 09 August 2017, 10:00
- Erdogan to attend OIC summit in Astana 08 August 2017, 15:09
- Protestant pastor jailed for 3 years for extremism in Tajikistan 08 August 2017, 10:17
- Priest detained in Vitebsk brothel to be temporary banned from ministry - Russian Orthodox Church 08 August 2017, 10:14
- Russian Jews appalled by reproaches of trying to monetize Holocaust tragedy 08 August 2017, 10:00
- Head of Russian old believers does not believe in overcoming schism with the Moscow Patriarchate 07 August 2017, 13:53
- Over 100 Georgian prisoners imprisoned in Istanbul demand to set up a corner for prayers 07 August 2017, 11:12
- Russian MP congratulates Georgian patriarch on his name day in Tbilisi – media 04 August 2017, 12:15
- Govt prioritizes stronger inter-ethnic, inter-religious accord – Putin 03 August 2017, 15:23
- FJCR President welcomes law on the Victory Day adopted by the knesset 28 July 2017, 14:10