04 September 2017, 18:53
Mufti Gainutdin calls on Muslims to participate only in authorized actions following events in Myanmar
Bolgar, Tatarstan. September 4, Interfax - The reaction of Russian Muslims participating in unauthorized protest rallies in support of their fellow believers from Myanmar has surprised religious leaders, Chairman of the Russian Council of Muftis Ravil Gainutdin told Interfax.
"Frankly, the response of our devout Muslims, who have always set an example of tolerance, patience, and obedience to the law, surprised representatives of spiritual authorities and high-ranking Muslim religious leaders," the mufti said.
On Sunday, an unauthorized Muslim rally took place near the Embassy of Myanmar on Bolshaya Nikitskaya Street. Its participants expressed concern about the events in that country. According to some reports, an unauthorized rally was also held in Makhachkala. Meanwhile, Gainutdin's associate, Muftis Council Co-Chair Nafigullah Ashirov, was among participants in the rally in Moscow.
In the meantime, it is necessary to comply with legal requirements while holding public events; otherwise, it could result in various provocations, the mufti said.
"This is why I call on my fellow believers to remain law-abiding, keep on praying and participate in authorized rallies held by Muslim religious leaders. And such rallies will take place. They are going to be aimed at providing both financial and humanitarian assistance in order to alleviate the plight of our Muslims living in Myanmar," he said.
The clergy has long been trying to draw attention to the situation in Myanmar, he said.
"All year, we have been drawing attention to the way that rights are being infringed, innocent women and children are being killed, genocide of Muslim people is continuing. The borders are closed and they would not let them out, while other countries aren't receiving them, and all of that is resulting in deaths, in a humanitarian disaster. This is inadmissible," Gainutdin said.
- Putin gives Patriarch Kirill painting featuring Kremlin's main Orthodox church 20 November 2017, 12:21
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls for laws protecting child since conception 20 November 2017, 10:46
- Belgorod imam sentenced to 8.5 years for abetting terrorism 17 November 2017, 13:08
- Georgian Ministry of Interior concerned with “sweet bombarding” of countryside schools with priests participating 17 November 2017, 10:47
- Searches conducted at home of imam of one of Nazran's main mosques 17 November 2017, 10:07
- Moscow mufti urges adoption of Islam development strategy to 2030 16 November 2017, 21:55
- Ukrainian parliament makes Catholic Christmas a public holiday 16 November 2017, 21:53
- Patriarch Kirill tells U.S. ambassador of importance of developing "heart-level" contacts among pious Russians, Americans 16 November 2017, 18:46
- Talk of restoring monarchy in Russia premature - Maria Romanova 16 November 2017, 17:03
- Patriarch Kirill asks Putin to back Donbass prisoner exchange proposal 15 November 2017, 16:33
- Justice Ministry regrets ECHR rejection of Russian request to review decision on law banning gay propaganda among children 15 November 2017, 10:00
- Head of the Anglican Church arrives in Moscow next week 13 November 2017, 16:32
- Jewish Museum and Center of Tolerance celebrate their fifth anniversary 13 November 2017, 16:28
- Soviet Union managed to build "a kingdom of justice," church official believes 13 November 2017, 10:24
- Particle of St. Seraphim of Sarov relics will be brought to Greece 13 November 2017, 10:20
- Russia should impose 5-10-year moratorium on Lenin burial topic - Church representative 13 November 2017, 10:01
- Head of Madrid-based House of Romanov to meet with Patriarch Kirill in Moscow on Nov 18 09 November 2017, 10:29
- Russia without revolution could have achieved more, Metropolitan Hilarion believes 07 November 2017, 18:10
- Business ombudsman calls for Lenin to be removed from Mausoleum, for final end to be put to Soviet past 07 November 2017, 10:11
- Kadyrov waiting for Zyuganov's apology for remarks on Lenin's burial 07 November 2017, 10:07
- Putin offers Trump condolences over Texas tragedy 07 November 2017, 10:02
- Mausoleum is, must remain Lenin's burial place – Zyuganov 02 November 2017, 18:04
- Head of human rights council suggests turning Mausoleum into museum, selling tickets to enter it, think of Lenin's body as pharaoh's mummy 02 November 2017, 17:26
- Majority of Russian Protestants unlike western stand for traditional morals - Metropolitan Hilarion 02 November 2017, 16:37
- Patriarch Kirill invites Patriarch Ilia II to Moscow to celebrate 100th anniversary of restoration of Russian patriarchate 02 November 2017, 16:36
- Lenin's burial not on Kremlin agenda - Peskov 02 November 2017, 13:33
- Patriarch Kirill criticizes 'color' revolutions for using quasi-religious rhetoric 02 November 2017, 10:01
- Church representative speaks against renaming the October Revolution to "Russian" one 01 November 2017, 16:30
- Russian Jews point out to Patriarch Kirill’s special role in opposing Anti-Semitism and xenophobia 01 November 2017, 14:00
- Patriarch Kirill: if we do not educate our people, others will do it 01 November 2017, 13:29