22 September 2017, 10:00
Suspect confesses to having torched cars outside office of "Matilda" director's lawyer
Moscow, September 22, Interfax - One of the men held in connection with setting cars on fire outside the office of the lawyer of the film director Alexey Uchitel has made a full confession, an Interfax correspondent said.
"I did commit the crime," Alexander Bayanov told the Khamovniki court of Moscow which is deciding on his restraining measure.
According to the court files read out by the investigator, Bayanov is being charged with causing intentional property damage or destruction.
His lawyer also said that her client had "admitted the guilt in full."
Konstantin Dobrynin wrote on his Facebook page on September 11 that unidentified arsonists had set a car on fire outside the office of Pen&Paper, a legal firm, on Starokonyushenny Lane in Moscow. Visible in the photos attached to the post are pieces of paper saying: "Burn for Matilda."
Police opened a criminal investigation into the intentional damage property after two cars, one Honda and one Mercedes, were burned outside the office.
Dobrynin later formally asked Federal Security Service (FSB) Director Alexander Bortnikov to investigate Christian State for terrorism. Dobrynin asked Bortnikov in his letter to take note of Kalinin's interview, published in the online publication Meduza, which, in Dobrynin's view, contains remarks justifying violence and destruction of property with the aim of having Matilda banned.
Matilda's official release is scheduled for October 26. The film deals with the relationship between future Russian Emperor Nicholas II and ballerina Matilda (Matylda) Krzesinska. The film gained publicity long before its release. State Duma deputy Natalya Poklonskaya has particularly strongly opposed its showing and distribution.
- A church was built in native village of the first female cosmonaut to mark the 55th anniversary of her flight 18 June 2018, 12:46
- Church and Russian Health Ministry to chair the program of helping Syrian children 18 June 2018, 12:29
- Several thousand people participated in parade organized by LGBT activists in downtown Kiev 18 June 2018, 10:53
- The Ukrainian church schism legalization to cut into parts body of global Orthodox Church - Metropolitan Hilarion 18 June 2018, 10:34
- Moscow Patriarchate surprised by Patriarch Bartholomew's words that people of Ukraine are outside canonical Church 18 June 2018, 10:26
- Best player of Russia - Saudi Arabia match thanked God for the victory 15 June 2018, 17:01
- Football World Cup can close up people, mufti Tajuddin believes 15 June 2018, 15:00
- The holy relics of St. Seraphim of Sarov are brought to Oxford 15 June 2018, 10:27
- Putin lauds Russian Muslim communities' role in maintaining interethnic, interfaith peace 15 June 2018, 10:02
- Rahmon calls on Tajik people to display political vigilance, have modest feasts on Eid al-Fitr 14 June 2018, 15:04
- Russia's synagogues are ready to meet 10,000 Jewish football fans 13 June 2018, 18:34
- Orthodox believers pray before the Hong Kong Icon of the Mother of God for the future of the Church in China 13 June 2018, 17:18
- Patriarch Kirill wishes success to Russian football team 13 June 2018, 16:11
- Nazarbayev invites pope to Astana for congress of religions 07 June 2018, 18:35
- Head of Byelorussian Ministry of Interior about LGBT: they won't go anywhere 07 June 2018, 16:54
- Russian priest stands for sobriety during Football World Cup 07 June 2018, 14:36
- Icons loaned to Lankton's museum in U.S. returned to Russia - Culture Ministry 06 June 2018, 18:07
- Russian Foreign Ministry condemns terror attack against Muslim clerics in Kabul 06 June 2018, 17:48
- Dodon stresses importance of Orthodoxy among Moldavia’s national priorities 06 June 2018, 14:43
- Investigators estimate price of icons, which weren't returned to Russia from U.S., at about 26 mln rubles 05 June 2018, 18:16
- Russian court arrests owner of U.S. museum of Russian icons in absentia, issues int'l arrest warrant 05 June 2018, 18:14
- Constantinople Patriarchate official to discuss Ukrainian Church's future in Georgia 05 June 2018, 18:10
- Football cup among homeless people to be held in Moscow on the eve of the World Cup 04 June 2018, 12:50
- Staging of Babchenko's death immoral deed - Metropolitan Hilarion 04 June 2018, 10:47
- An exhibition on how world powers rejected to accept Jews before World War II opens in Moscow 04 June 2018, 10:29
- Former Orthodox priest who joined schismatics turned out to be journalist Babchenko's "murderer" 01 June 2018, 14:34
- Serbian patriarch is listed in the Peacemaker base as an enemy of Ukraine 01 June 2018, 14:13
- Sixty thousand appeals handed over to the Patriarch of Constantinople from the faithful of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church 31 May 2018, 17:20
- Dionysius icon Crucifixion to leave Russia for first time, be taken to Rome 31 May 2018, 17:01
- Pope Francis says supports unity of Russian Orthodox Church 31 May 2018, 14:42