29 November 2017, 13:54
Russian Orthodox Church hopes to decide on 'Yekaterinburg remains' issue in 2018
Moscow, November 29, Interfax - The Russian Orthodox Church will likely decide on the authenticity of the 'Yekaterinburg remains' in 2018, Metropolitan Hilarion, head of the Synodal Department for External Church Relations, said.
"The Сhurch will recognize the 'Yekaterinburg remains' as the true remains of the imperial family if exhaustive evidence of their authenticity is found. The forensic evaluations that have been performed and are now being performed, in my view, bring us closer to that day. I think it will happen in the foreseeable future, but one should not predetermine the result,' the hierarch said in an interview published in the Wednesday edition of the Izvestia newspaper.
Responding to a question as to whether he means this year or the coming one, Metropolitan Hilarion said "most likely the coming year."
Metropolitan Hilarion said a discussion on the matter is scheduled to take place at the Bishops' Council opening today in Moscow.
Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia said on November 27 that the Russian Orthodox Church currently does not have an official position as regards the authenticity of the imperial family's remains.
- Ukrainian parliamentary speaker invites Patriarch Bartholomew to speak before Rada 17 December 2018, 19:11
- UOC Synod accuses Constantinople of deepening schism in Ukraine 17 December 2018, 19:09
- UOC Synod bans 2 of its metropolitans who attended unification assembly from religious service 17 December 2018, 19:05
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church declares itself true Сhurch in Ukraine 17 December 2018, 18:46
- Kremlin refrains from intervening in church affairs in Ukraine, sees politics behind schismatic activities - Peskov 17 December 2018, 18:39
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church says its bishop's call for participation in 'unifying assembly' fake news 15 December 2018, 20:27
- Election of leader of "single local church" in Ukraine means nothing - Russian Orthodox Church 15 December 2018, 20:11
- Poroshenko to travel with Metropolitan Epiphany to collect Constantinople's tomos in person 15 December 2018, 20:06
- Metropolitan Epiphany of "Kiev Patriarchate" elected as leader of "local Orthodox church" in Ukraine 15 December 2018, 18:39
- Russian Church satisfied that ECHR found Pussy Riot's 'punk prayer' unlawful 14 December 2018, 21:13
- Ukraine is Russian Church's canonical territory - Constantinople metropolitan 14 December 2018, 20:12
- Mogilev-Podolsky bishop delivered to Kiev by security service - Ukrainian Orthodox Church 14 December 2018, 20:08
- Russian Jewish leader outraged at declaration of year of Bandera in Ukraine's Lvov Region 14 December 2018, 17:26
- Ukrainian Church of Moscow Patriarchate praying for govt's non-interference in church affairs in front of Rada 14 December 2018, 14:20
- "Kiev Patriarchate" to nominate 2 candidates for head of Ukraine's unified church - source 14 December 2018, 13:03
- Patriarch Kirill urges political, religious leaders worldwide to defend Ukrainian Orthodox Church (updated) 14 December 2018, 11:21
- Over half of Ukrainian Orthodox archbishops return unification assembly invites to Bartholomew 13 December 2018, 18:56
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church protests over service performed by Constantinople rep in Kiev 13 December 2018, 18:55
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church's main proponent of independence from Moscow rejects version of autocephaly proposed by Constantinople 13 December 2018, 18:02
- Ukraine's Culture Ministry inspecting museum collections of Kiev-Pechersk, Pochayev monasteries 13 December 2018, 17:59
- SBU says found evidence of 'inciting interethnic strife' in searches, interrogations of Ukrainian Orthodox clergy 13 December 2018, 14:45
- Russian Orthodox Church urges U.S. to change approach toward assessing religious freedom 12 December 2018, 14:14
- "Kiev Patriarchate" head threatens to disrupt unification assembly 10 December 2018, 18:28
- SBU officials didn't let Donetsk metropolitan cross contact line 10 December 2018, 16:12
- Poroshenko asks Metropolitan Onufry to help have Ukrainian naval sailors freed 10 December 2018, 11:06
- "Unification gathering" in Ukraine has no legitimacy - Russian Orthodox Church 10 December 2018, 11:02
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church Synod says its episcopate, parishioners pressured, persecuted 07 December 2018, 21:52
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church Synod denies Bartholomew right to convene meeting in Ukraine, bans its clerics, laypeople from attending it 07 December 2018, 18:36
- Metropolitan Onufry returns to Istanbul invitation to unification assembly 07 December 2018, 17:19
- Russian police find no extremism in Jewish movement Shahar leader's actions 07 December 2018, 12:59