16 April 2018, 10:17
Head of House of Romanov suggests waiting patiently for results of comprehensive analysis of "Yekaterinburg remains"
Madrid, April 16, Interfax - The head of the Russian Imperial House Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna Romanova is ready to wait patiently until the Church has recognized the authenticity of the supposed remains of the last Russian tsar.
"The position of the Russian Imperial House remains invariable. One must wait patiently until the Church has found sufficient ground for the recognition. No need for haste in this matter. Reverence for the royal family does not depend on a presence or absence of the remains," Grand Duchess Maria said in an interview with Interfax when asked if there were any changes on the subject of "the Yekateriburg remains."
An error would be unacceptable here, she said. "Of course, if the authenticity is proved, this would be a big joy. But in a case like this, there should be no mistaking and no cheating of people," the grand duchess said.
"I and the Holy Patriarch Kirill inform one another of the latest data and are awaiting the results of the comprehensive analysis of this matter," she said.
In January this year the patriarch of Moscow and all Russia offered reassurances that experts analyzing the supposed remains of the family of the last Russian emperor would finish work on time.
"The testing will finish when it will be finished by specialists and when they say: here are the results of all tests. No one is deliberately protracting this process, but nor is anyone deliberately rushing the scientists who are trying to provide exhaustive answers to constantly arising questions," Patriarch Kirill said in an Christmas message on Rossiya-1 television channel on January 7.
- Most of the priests from Africa who joined the Russian Church have already received the right from Moscow to celebrate the liturgy 27 January 2022, 17:07
- Candles lit in Moscow in memory of the Holocaust victims 27 January 2022, 17:00
- Supporters of caliphate are among those detained in Kazakhstan during the January riots 27 January 2022, 16:53
- Holocaust Remembrance Day reinstated at Russian schools 27 January 2022, 10:16
- Russian Church reports a daily increase in the number of its parishes in Africa 26 January 2022, 10:12
- Russian delegation to PACE rejects accusations that LGBT people harassed in Chechnya 25 January 2022, 14:43
- Russian Church tightens coronavirus-related restrictions at Moscow churches 24 January 2022, 17:11
- House of Romanov hails Russian Orthodox Church's plans to recognize authenticity of 'Yekaterinburg remains' 24 January 2022, 10:03
- Nothing hinders recognition of authenticity of royal family's remains - Russian Orthodox Church member 24 January 2022, 10:00
- Christmas parliamentary meetings postponed indefinitely due to coronavirus situation 21 January 2022, 17:53
- Former Metropolitan Vladimir of St. Petersburg died at the age of 92 19 January 2022, 20:35
- Putin didn't take Epiphany ice plunge this year 19 January 2022, 13:35
- State Duma passes bill on life sentence for pedophiles 18 January 2022, 18:18
- Anti-Semitism is on the rise in Germany - Deputy Ambassador 18 January 2022, 18:16
- The head of Yakutia took part in Epiphany bathing in a 40-degree frost 18 January 2022, 18:10
- Patriarch Kirill admitted that part of the world Orthodoxy will go into schism 18 January 2022, 18:05
- Death penalty impossible in Russia - State Duma committee head 12 January 2022, 15:46
- Russian Orthodox Church works out a program of comprehensive presence in Africa 12 January 2022, 15:01
- Kazakh president urges preventing merger of criminality, religious extremism 11 January 2022, 11:38
- Russian Orthodox Church against lifting moratorium on death penalty 08 January 2022, 19:27
- Patriarch Kirill hopes Covid-19 pandemic will be over 07 January 2022, 19:28
- Patriarch Kirill prays for peace in Kazakhstan at Christmas service 07 January 2022, 19:26
- Patriarch Kirill concerned about the shortsightedness of politicians who speak to Russia from a position of strength 07 January 2022, 12:59
- Putin notes moral significance of Christmas 07 January 2022, 10:25
- Russian Orthodox Church sets up Patriarchal Exarchate of Africa 30 December 2021, 10:00
- Russian Church admits over 100 Patriarchate of Alexandria clerics as its members (updated) 29 December 2021, 17:56
- Russian govt orders monitoring of violations of citizens' rights along ethnic, religious lines 29 December 2021, 12:23
- Russian Church considers the long-term isolation of criminals no less effective than death penalty 29 December 2021, 11:30
- Russia not to reinstate death penalty in coming years - Presidential Human Rights Council member 29 December 2021, 11:14
- Group for protection of Christian values created at State Duma 29 December 2021, 11:12