09 July 2018, 13:16
Church not planning to recognize authenticity of tsar's remains for 100th anniversary of killing of Nicholas II, family
Moscow, July 9, Interfax - The Church does not plan to make a decision regarding the authenticity of the alleged remains of Nicholas II's family by the 100th anniversary of their murders, Vladimir Legoyda, chairman of the Synodal Department for Church, Society and Media Relations, said.
"Church recognition is not possible before all analyses - genetic, historical, anthropological, and forensic, are complete. The decision will most likely be made at the level of the bishop council, due to the importance of the issue. It will not be timed to any date," the church official said in an interview published in the newspaper Izvestia on Monday.
Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia has said many times that the Church cannot afford to make a mistake on this matter, he said.
"A scientific evaluation can indicate 70-80% probability. The Church would like to eliminate this 20% doubt. A scientific evaluation is complete when the results are published in reviewed research journals. As far as I know, this hasn't happened yet," Legoyda said.
All the analyses are taking place as part of a criminal case that has been reopened by the Investigative Committee, he said.
"We will draw conclusions after investigators make a decision on the basis of the analyses," Legoyda said.
- Forty percent of Russia support Lenin reburial, 1 out of every 5 say his body should stay in Mausoleum - poll 18 September 2020, 20:44
- FJCR head views Hasidic pilgrims attempting to enter Ukraine as 'violence against common sense' 18 September 2020, 18:31
- Zelensky's Rosh Hashanah greeting expresses hope for return to normal rhythm of life next year 18 September 2020, 18:26
- No Hasidic pilgrims left on Belarusian-Ukrainian border 18 September 2020, 18:23
- The FJCR calls a huge breakthrough recognition of Israel in the Arab Emirates and Bahrain 18 September 2020, 16:46
- Case opened against 2 Baltic Fleet servicemen who washed shoes in holy spring in Orthodox chapel 18 September 2020, 16:32
- Hasidic pilgrims initially heading to Uman begin leaving Belarusian-Ukrainian border 18 September 2020, 12:15
- Putin notes Russian Jewish community's role in countering Covid-19, in strengthening peace and accord 18 September 2020, 11:17
- Some 1,000 Hasidic pilgrims expecting permission to enter Ukraine from Belarus 17 September 2020, 15:30
- Minsk accuses Kiev of empty rhetoric, urges it to respect rights of Hasidic pilgrims 17 September 2020, 10:39
- Kiev calls on Belarusian authorities to ensure Hasidic pilgrims adhere to quarantine regulations 16 September 2020, 20:27
- Ukraine urges Belarus to stop raising tensions on border, not to make false statements to Hasidic pilgrims (updated) 16 September 2020, 17:18
- Ukraine closes checkpoint on border with Belarus near which Hasidic pilgrims gathering 16 September 2020, 15:35
- Ukraine unable to let in additional numbers of Hasidic pilgrims due to current situation - Foreign Ministry 16 September 2020, 10:45
- Minsk seeks to agree with Ukraine on green corridor for Hasidic pilgrims 16 September 2020, 10:43
- Pope of Rome to consider possibility of visiting Belarus 16 September 2020, 10:42
- Vatican insists on Archbishop Kondrusiewicz's return to Belarus 16 September 2020, 10:40
- Tents set up for Hasidic pilgrims gathering on Belarus' border with Ukraine 15 September 2020, 20:00
- Archbishop Kondrusiewicz deprived of Belarusian passport, not citizenship 15 September 2020, 18:45
- Ukraine asks Belarus not to allow Hasidic pilgrims gathering at border to cross it 15 September 2020, 18:20
- Man brought down from roof of Alexander Nevsky Monastery in St. Petersburg 14 September 2020, 19:02
- Man on roof of St. Petersburg's Alexander Nevsky Monastery for over ten hours refused to come down 14 September 2020, 15:23
- Archbishop Kondrusiewicz deprived of Belarusian passport 14 September 2020, 13:28
- Catholics organize procession in Minsk to stop 'persecution of the Church', to bring back Kondrusiewicz 14 September 2020, 11:21
- Owner of a cafe in Ukrainian Uman pinned up a plate saying he wouldn't attend Chassids; the police initiates a case 14 September 2020, 10:19
- Russian Orthodox Church advises getting vaccinated against Covid-19 without delay 14 September 2020, 10:17
- Belarusian foreign minister discusses post-election situation with Vatican rep 11 September 2020, 20:16
- Pope invited to Minsk 11 September 2020, 20:14
- Vatican official arrives in Belarus 11 September 2020, 14:53
- Peskov calls demographic problem Russia's Achilles' heel 10 September 2020, 17:23