02 August 2018, 11:05
Poroshenko dismissed an official who promised him autocephaly to the Day of Russia's Baptism - media
Moscow, August 2, Interfax - Ukrainian President Pyotr Poroshenko dismissed deputy head of his administration Rostislav Pavlenko "in connection with transition to the other job," the presidential decree posted at his website says.
Pavlenko changed Vladimir Gorbulin at the post of director of the National Institute for Strategic Research.
The Ukrainian media reported that in Poroshenko's administration Pavlenko was a curator of the idea of providing autocephaly to Ukraine. According to Strana.ua, on Pavlenko's suggestion Poroshenko voiced that Ukraine would receive the Tomos to the Day of Russia's Baptism.
"It was clear that such a complicated question could not be settled in few months in such a conservative structure as the Church, especially taking in consideration opposition of Moscow and the Russian Orthodox Church," the source in the administration told Strana.ua.
According to him, there was a group of people headed by Pavlenko in the president's surroundings who decided to give Poroshenko wunderwaffe (wonder weapon) for winning the elections.
"They convinced him that it was possible to obtain autocephaly from the Ecumenical Patriarchate quickly and sell it to electorate as a colossal victory. Basing on their information Poroshenko voiced the guidelines on receiving the Tomos to the Day of Russia's Baptism. But the reality was quite different. It turned out that Pavlenko and Company just let down the president," the interviewee of the edition resumed.
- Orthodoxy doesn't allow superiority of any nation - Russian church rep on Patriarch Bartholomew's speech 23 October 2018, 16:02
- Diocese of Odessa almost unilaterally affirms allegiance to canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church 23 October 2018, 13:59
- Russian Orthodox Church tells Patriarch Bartholomew it's not obliged to obey him 23 October 2018, 13:54
- Head of UAOC regrets having agreed to hand over St. Andrew's Church to Constantinople 22 October 2018, 18:58
- Peskov: Putin's remark about heaven and hell was allegory 22 October 2018, 15:07
- Vatican recognizes territorial integrity of Georgia – official 22 October 2018, 14:55
- S. Ossetian border guards detained 4 Georgian citizens, including 2 priests 22 October 2018, 13:42
- Awarding new titles to Filaret Denisenko is farce - Russian Orthodox Church 22 October 2018, 13:37
- Russian Orthodox Church denies rumors of coming visit of Pope Francis to Moscow (updated) 22 October 2018, 10:38
- Most Orthodox Christians support decision to sever communion with Constantinople - Patriarch Kirill 19 October 2018, 17:38
- Constantinople refuses to sever communion with Russian Orthodox Church (updated) 19 October 2018, 17:36
- Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia cuts ties with Constantinople 19 October 2018, 14:31
- The Ukrainian metropolitan: Constantinople abandoned God 19 October 2018, 13:07
- Putin about nuclear war: we'll go straight to paradise, while they will simply pop off 19 October 2018, 10:58
- St. Andrew's Church in Kiev to stay property of state - press service for Sophia of Kiev National Sanctuary Complex 18 October 2018, 18:43
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church disagrees with transfer of St. Andrew's Church to Constantinople 18 October 2018, 18:41
- Ukrainian parliament supports transfer of St. Andrew's Church in Kiev to Constantinople 18 October 2018, 14:36
- Media review: Metropolitan Hilarion: "The fact that the Patriarchate of Constantinople has recognized a schismatic structure means for us that it itself is now in schism" 18 October 2018, 13:22
- Leaders of non-canonical churches of Ukraine differ on 'autocephaly' issue – media 18 October 2018, 11:03
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church disproves forecasts of mass exodus of its clergy, congregation to Constantinople's church 18 October 2018, 11:00
- Metropolitan Alexander (Drabinko) who proclaimed himself Constantinople cleric says each Ukrainian orthodox bishop should choose whose side to belong 17 October 2018, 10:12
- Russian Orthodox Church planning to address issue of pastoral direction for Russians on territory of Constantinople Patriarchate (updated) 16 October 2018, 19:08
- Dodon proposes hosting Pan-Orthodox Council in Moldova 16 October 2018, 18:00
- Peskov: Kremlin concerned by relations between Russian Orthodox Church and Constantinople 16 October 2018, 15:47
- Poroshenko to propose granting Constantinople permanent use of St. Andrew's Church in Kiev 16 October 2018, 13:57
- Russian Orthodox Church takes path of self-isolation - Poroshenko 16 October 2018, 13:10
- Holy Synod of Russian Orthodox Church appoints new bishops to administer parishes in Europe, U.S 16 October 2018, 11:45
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church leader attended Russian Synod meeting, supported its decision - Metropolitan Hilarion 16 October 2018, 10:14
- Belarusian Orthodox Church joins Holy Synod's decision to break up with Constantinople 16 October 2018, 10:10
- Former primate of Orthodox Church in U.S. opposes U.S. policy about church in Ukraine 15 October 2018, 22:24