02 August 2018, 11:05
Poroshenko dismissed an official who promised him autocephaly to the Day of Russia's Baptism - media
Moscow, August 2, Interfax - Ukrainian President Pyotr Poroshenko dismissed deputy head of his administration Rostislav Pavlenko "in connection with transition to the other job," the presidential decree posted at his website says.
Pavlenko changed Vladimir Gorbulin at the post of director of the National Institute for Strategic Research.
The Ukrainian media reported that in Poroshenko's administration Pavlenko was a curator of the idea of providing autocephaly to Ukraine. According to Strana.ua, on Pavlenko's suggestion Poroshenko voiced that Ukraine would receive the Tomos to the Day of Russia's Baptism.
"It was clear that such a complicated question could not be settled in few months in such a conservative structure as the Church, especially taking in consideration opposition of Moscow and the Russian Orthodox Church," the source in the administration told Strana.ua.
According to him, there was a group of people headed by Pavlenko in the president's surroundings who decided to give Poroshenko wunderwaffe (wonder weapon) for winning the elections.
"They convinced him that it was possible to obtain autocephaly from the Ecumenical Patriarchate quickly and sell it to electorate as a colossal victory. Basing on their information Poroshenko voiced the guidelines on receiving the Tomos to the Day of Russia's Baptism. But the reality was quite different. It turned out that Pavlenko and Company just let down the president," the interviewee of the edition resumed.
- Provocative behavior of migrants causes nationalism, anti-Islamic terrorism - Bortnikov 21 May 2019, 11:05
- Bomb threat at Dagestan Muslim Spiritual Council HQ turns out to be hoax 21 May 2019, 11:04
- Ukrainian embassy's 'Crimean Tatars' photo is actually Lodz ghetto Jews deportation photo 21 May 2019, 11:02
- Fence at church construction site in Yekaterinburg to be torn down for peace's sake 21 May 2019, 11:01
- Muslim board evacuated in Makhachkala due to bomb threat 20 May 2019, 19:18
- Patriarch Kirill wishes Ukraine's president Zelensky successes in uniting nation 20 May 2019, 18:44
- Zelensky's words on unacceptability of Ukraine's division based on language should also apply to religion - Lavrov 20 May 2019, 16:40
- President is not an icon - Zelensky 20 May 2019, 14:25
- Patriarch Kirill calculated that without abortions population of Russia will increase up to 166 million in twenty years 20 May 2019, 14:07
- Media review: "Two-headed hydra of Ukrainian schism and the world Orthodoxy" 20 May 2019, 12:22
- Russian Orthodox Church calls on new Ukrainian authorities to stop discriminating against Russian language 20 May 2019, 11:13
- Sverdlovsk regional administration to invite people to discuss alternative sites for church construction in Yekaterinburg 20 May 2019, 11:02
- Three more arrested after Yekaterinburg church construction protest 17 May 2019, 18:53
- Yekaterinburg authorities had dialogue with residents on church before Putin said poll needed - Peskov 17 May 2019, 18:51
- Yekaterinburg mayor to meet with group of protesters against church construction in public garden 17 May 2019, 13:42
- Thirty arrested in protests against church construction in Yekaterinburg 17 May 2019, 10:59
- Opponents of building church in Yekaterinburg hurl smoke charges near Moscow patriarch's residence 16 May 2019, 22:28
- Opponents of building church again meet in downtown Yekaterinburg 16 May 2019, 19:43
- Communications Ministry: 1,300 families give up TV for religious reasons 16 May 2019, 18:40
- Potential Dalai Lama visit needs separate discussion - Putin 16 May 2019, 18:38
- Yekaterinburg mayoral office agrees to hold independent poll on building church in city square 16 May 2019, 18:33
- Police report detention of further 70 protesters against Yekaterinburg church construction 16 May 2019, 18:19
- Putin proposes polling residents on Yekaterinburg church construction 16 May 2019, 18:17
- Law enforcers responded to provocation during Yekaterinburg protest, use of force justified - Peskov (updated) 16 May 2019, 13:44
- Kremlin denies rumors that church construction in Yekaterinburg part of big construction plan 16 May 2019, 13:17
- Moscow mayor's office doesn't allow LGBT pride parade, rallies 16 May 2019, 11:18
- Court arrests over 20 participants in protest against new church in Yekaterinburg 16 May 2019, 11:15
- Protests against church construction in downtown Yekaterinburg continue for third night in row 15 May 2019, 19:15
- Kremlin doesn't approve of law breaches in church construction protests in Yekaterinburg 15 May 2019, 16:04
- Orthodox priest advises females who found no husband in Russia to move abroad 15 May 2019, 14:57