06 November 2018, 11:52
Russian Church considers opening of additional parishes abroad for its believers in regard of break with Constantinople
Moscow, November 6, Interfax - The Moscow Patriarchate is studying the possibility of opening new parishes in those places abroad where its faithful were deprived of the opportunity to take communion due to the break with the Constantinople Church.
"The suspension of communication of the Moscow and Constantinople Patriarchates because of non-canonical actions of Constantinople for the Ukrainian Church forces Russian Church to make greater efforts in the spiritual care of its believers in diaspora," the deputy head of the Synodal Department for External Church Relations Archpriest Nikolay Balashov told Interfax.
Therefore management of the Moscow Patriarchate for foreign institutions is currently examining the queries coming from different parts of the world where some of the believers of Russian Orthodox Church visited the parishes under the jurisdiction of the Church of Constantinople.
"The task is to open the parishes of Russian Orthodox Church in the appropriate places as soon as possible," the priest explained. At the same time, he specified that it is "primarily about those countries that are outside the canonical jurisdiction of a local Orthodox Churches."
In September, Patriarch Bartholomew sent two exarchs to Kiev to prepare for the establishment of an autocephalous church independent from the Moscow Patriarchate. On October 11, the Synod of the Ecumenical Patriarchate abrogated its ordinance of 1686 that put the Kiev Metropolitanate under the jurisdiction of the Moscow Patriarchate, announced the opening of a mission in Kiev, and rehabilitated the leaders of the unrecognized Ukrainian Orthodox churches. In response, the Synod of the Moscow Patriarchate announced that it was fully severing its relations with the Constantinople Patriarchate.
- Patriarch Kirill grants request to retire of Metropolitan Juvenaly 14 April 2021, 18:12
- Influx of migrants contributing to emergence of hotbeds of interfaith tensions in Crimea - Patrushev 14 April 2021, 17:25
- Jehovah's Witnesses cell busted in Russia's Tula 14 April 2021, 12:21
- Yekaterinburg Diocese says nuns, lay sisters from closed Sredneuralsky Convent may choose any of its convents 14 April 2021, 10:51
- Nuns leaving Sredneuralsky Convent, diocese reps sealing off premises 14 April 2021, 10:46
- Court orders residents of Sredneuralsky Convent to leave its premises 14 April 2021, 10:40
- Russian FM speaks of important global role of Russian Orthodox Church, supports its initiatives 08 April 2021, 18:02
- Court of appeals declines to soften sentence given to leader of Aum Shinrikyo's Russian cell 08 April 2021, 10:00
- Russian man charged with organizing erotic photo shoot in UAE facing at least 6 months in prison 05 April 2021, 18:16
- Moscow court keeps former Urals schema monk Sergy in custody 05 April 2021, 17:55
- Presumed supporter of Ukrainian nationalists detained in Barnaul confesses to plotting to blow up mosque – FSB 02 April 2021, 17:53
- The FJCR official calls "the oldest manuscript" of Torah a fake 02 April 2021, 10:00
- St. Petersburg court bans mobile app of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia 01 April 2021, 10:00
- Serial destroyer of angel sculptures detained in St. Petersburg 31 March 2021, 13:31
- Abortions in Russia dropped almost 40% over past 5 years 31 March 2021, 10:00
- Putin pledges to prevent foreign interethnic conflicts from spilling over into Russia 30 March 2021, 16:01
- Polarized opinions on acceptability of in vitro fertilization observed in Russian Orthodox Church 30 March 2021, 10:00
- Russian Jews launch a project Be free through vaccination 26 March 2021, 11:28
- Patriarch Kirill stresses importance of ensuring life without upheavals at memorial service on 220th anniversary of Emperor Pavel I's murder 25 March 2021, 10:00
- Jewish publishing house refuses to participate in a book fair as it falls on Passover 23 March 2021, 18:53
- Islamic radicals intensifying activity in Urals due to uncontrolled immigration - Patrushev 23 March 2021, 17:51
- Security Council secretary calls West's aspiration to push its norms, ideals, reforms on Russia dangerous 23 March 2021, 17:13
- A Muslim woman from the Moscow Region searches for a second wife for her husband 22 March 2021, 16:45
- Pashinyan believes revolution in Armenia was based on Christian values 22 March 2021, 13:55
- FBK lawyer Sobol attends church service in violation of conditions of her house arrest 22 March 2021, 10:00
- Yakut shaman Gabyshev found insane 19 March 2021, 13:57
- Memorial to Holocaust victims unveiled at Israeli embassy in Moscow 18 March 2021, 09:31
- Resident of St. Petersburg beats a muscovite to death as he took him for devilry 16 March 2021, 18:55
- Moscow Jewish museum organizes an exhibition about the Holocaust in PACE 16 March 2021, 14:28
- One in 8 Russians plan to observe Lent this year - poll 16 March 2021, 10:00