15 November 2018, 11:10
Date of unification assembly not known yet - "Kiev Patriarchate"
Kiev, November 15, Interfax - The media reports stating that the date of the unification assembly in Ukraine has been approved are rumors, people close to the leader of the self-proclaimed "Kiev Patriarchate" said.
The publication Golos.au earlier reported that the assembly will be held in a week, on November 22. In the meantime, Yevstraty Zorya, the press secretary of the Ukrainian "Kiev Patriarchate", has his own version of the time of the organization of the forum, where a new church independent of the Moscow Patriarchate is expected to be created.
"The date of the Assembly will be determined officially. It has not been officially announced yet. Essentially, there is no date. In the same way as the tomos, which was drafted a long time ago, but it will only become a document after its official adoption and release," Zorya said on Facebook in the early hours of Thursday.
The rumors about the date of the assembly are being reproduced with one purpose: if the assembly does not take place on the stated date for any reasons because the process of preparations has not been completed yet, it will become a reason to speak of "treason."
"Therefore, one should now have unfounded expectations to prevent unfounded dissemination of 'treason' later. A wreath is put on a head, not on feet. The announcement of the date of the assembly will mean that the process of preparations has been completed. And now the preparations are going, although not easily, not with positive dynamics, with a sober vision of the key persons and their objective wish to achieve successful completion, a tomos on autocephaly, as soon as possible," Zorya said.
- Three religious extremists detained in Kazan 20 February 2020, 18:30
- Putin calls to halt any religious discord 20 February 2020, 13:25
- All Russian Orthodox Church parishes in Southeast Asia to pray for riddance of coronavirus 19 February 2020, 18:41
- Court arrests Moscow church attacker 18 February 2020, 19:27
- Investigators file for arrest of suspected assailant of Moscow churchgoers 18 February 2020, 12:18
- Man who attacked people in Moscow church says didn't plan crime, 'got up on wrong side of bed' 17 February 2020, 22:06
- Four members of banned pseudo-religious group convicted in Orenburg Region 17 February 2020, 18:38
- Georgian Church decides not to take part in pan-Orthodox meeting in Jordan 17 February 2020, 18:33
- Romanian Church to agree with granting of tomos to Orthodox Church in Ukraine, provided that Constantinople and Moscow reach consensus - media (updated) 14 February 2020, 21:11
- Karekin II grateful to Syria for recognizing Armenian genocide 14 February 2020, 18:08
- Pan-Orthodox meeting on 'Ukrainian issue' to be held in Amman on Feb 26 (updated) 14 February 2020, 15:08
- No same-sex marriage to be legitimized in Russia as long as I am president - Putin (updated) 13 February 2020, 17:31
- Orthodox leaders to discuss 'Ukrainian issue' in Amman in late Feb (updated) 12 February 2020, 21:28
- CPRF doesn't mind mentioning God in Russian constitution 11 February 2020, 18:30
- Criminal case opened in Transbaikal Territory after searches of residences of suspected Jehovah's Witnesses 10 February 2020, 19:57
- A woman could head the Russian Church synodal department 10 February 2020, 12:34
- Russian Church proposes to designate the special role of Russians in Constitution 10 February 2020, 12:15
- Zelensky invites Pope to visit Ukraine 10 February 2020, 11:58
- Zelensky asks Pope to help with release of Ukrainians in custody in Russia, Donbass 10 February 2020, 11:55
- Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem working as usual, has no info on property handover 05 February 2020, 21:25
- Yakut shaman complains to ECHR 05 February 2020, 18:09
- OCU terminates Filaret's membership in Holy Synod 05 February 2020, 12:27
- Russian Orthodox Church could discontinue practice of blessing WMDs 04 February 2020, 21:05
- Enshrining 'traditional marriage' in constitution at bottom of working group's agenda 04 February 2020, 19:14
- Krasheninnikov against enshrining family, God in constitution 04 February 2020, 18:58
- Pompeo praises Uzbekistan for progress in upholding religious freedom 03 February 2020, 19:17
- Marriage, not family should be defined as union between man and woman in Russian Constitution - Russian Orthodox Church 03 February 2020, 18:04
- Working group to discuss appropriateness of mentioning God in Constitution – Kremlin 03 February 2020, 13:57
- Patriarch Kirill proposes mentioning God in Constitution 02 February 2020, 19:02
- Orthodox society active at Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem still has no info on property transfer to Russia 31 January 2020, 15:14