19 November 2018, 11:59
"Kiev Patriarchate" denies rumors unification assembly set for Nov 22
Kiev, November 19, Interfax - Evstraty Zorya, the press secretary of the self-proclaimed Kiev Patriarchate, believes reports claiming that a date for a unification assembly in Ukraine has already been set cannot be trusted.
Zorya published a banner that announces the abovementioned forum and gives its date as November 22 on his Facebook page on Sunday.
"I officially declare that the information contained in this announcement is not true. I have to repeat once again that only an official (!) announcement about a date of such an assembly will mean that it has already been determined," he said.
Zorya also said he is puzzled by the fact that "some anonymous sources 'announce' church assemblies on Facebook" and also by how that "such a large number of educated people and priests take such an 'announcement' at its face value and spread it further."
Kiev is now preparing for a unification assembly, whose purpose is to create a church independent of Moscow. However, the organizers of such a gathering have already encountered a serious hurdle as the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate, which has the most believers in Ukraine, has refused to take part in the creation of the new church.
- Jehovah's Witnesses group shut down in Khanty-Mansiysk District 15 February 2019, 22:17
- Ukraine annuls Bishop Gedeon's passport 15 February 2019, 22:14
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church's Bishop Gedeon deported from Ukraine over his appeal to U.S. Congress - Russian Orthodox Church 14 February 2019, 16:40
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church bishop stopped at Kiev airport deported to U.S. 14 February 2019, 16:30
- No grounds so far to reconsider stance on Jehovah's Witnesses - Russian Justice Ministry 14 February 2019, 12:17
- Russian courts' ban on Jehovah's Witnesses founded - Justice Ministry 13 February 2019, 11:53
- Russian Orthodox Church's Asian exarch assumes office created in response to Constantinople's actions 13 February 2019, 11:46
- OCU bishop's visit exposes weakness of Patriarch Bartholomew's positions - Russian Orthodox Church 13 February 2019, 11:41
- Senior Athos clergy decline photo-op with new Ukrainian church bishop 13 February 2019, 11:35
- Jehovah's Witnesses not persecuted for belief, penalized for illegal activity - Lebedev 12 February 2019, 15:44
- Revision of Jehovah's Witnesses case possible in event of ECHR's decision - Lebedev 12 February 2019, 15:41
- U.S. authorities may punish Orthodox Church in America due to stance on Ukraine - Russian MP 12 February 2019, 13:44
- Expert speaks against imprisoning Jehovah's Witnesses in order not to create them a halo of martyrs 12 February 2019, 10:16
- Unknown individuals attempt to set church in Ukraine's Nikolayev Region on fire 12 February 2019, 10:00
- Russian Orthodox Church calls on Athos not to have communion with Ukraine's new church 11 February 2019, 12:47
- Shoigu: 33 mln photos of war veterans to decorate road to church in Patriot Park 11 February 2019, 11:59
- Another 2 Athos monasteries refuse to host bishop of new Ukrainian church 11 February 2019, 11:55
- Athos monks moving to Russian monastery in protest against communication with new Ukrainian church 11 February 2019, 11:01
- Bishop of Ukraine’s new church was not allowed to Russian monastery on Athos 11 February 2019, 10:58
- Ukrainian Constitutional Court to consider constitutionality of law on changing subordination of religious organizations 11 February 2019, 10:43
- Hierarch of a new Ukraine’s church celebrates his first liturgy on Athos 08 February 2019, 17:48
- Jehovah's Witnesses implicated in 100 cases in Russia 08 February 2019, 16:49
- Jehovah's Witnesses' right to practice religion stipulated in Constitution shouldn't be restricted - HRC head 07 February 2019, 18:09
- Jehovah's Witnesses use prison term of the Danish citizen to blacken Russia - expert on sects 07 February 2019, 17:59
- Jehovah's Witnesses situation difficult, issue to be discussed - Peskov (updated) 07 February 2019, 13:27
- Organizers of Jehovah's Witnesses group in Mordovia detained 07 February 2019, 12:48
- Kazakh Senate speaker speaks against hijabs in schools 07 February 2019, 11:37
- Criminal case opened against Jehovah's Witnesses followers in Khanty-Mansi Autonomous District 07 February 2019, 10:27
- EU demands that Russia immediately free Danish Jehovah's Witness sentenced for extremism 07 February 2019, 10:24
- Lawyers appeal sentence of Dane convicted for organizing Jehovah's Witnesses community in Oryol 06 February 2019, 18:32