18 December 2018, 12:14
Ukraine's Opposition Bloc demands Poroshenko declassify text of agreement with Bartholomew
Kiev, December 18, Interfax - Vadim Novinsky, the chairman of the Ukrainian parliamentary faction Opposition Bloc, has demanded that President Pyotr Poroshenko make the text of the Agreement on Cooperation and Interaction between Ukraine and the Ecumenical Patriarchate public.
"I ask that the president immediately declassify the text of his agreement with Patriarch Barthlomew. Please consider it a deputy inquiry," Novinsky said at a meeting of the coordination board of heads of factions and groups in Kiev.
As reported, on November 3, Ukrainian President Poroshenko and Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew signed the Agreement on Cooperation and Interaction between Kiev and the Patriarchate of Constantinople on the establishment of the local church in Ukraine following a meeting in Istanbul. The Ecumenical Patriarchate's mission in Kiev, effectively its embassy, will be registered in Kiev in accordance with the agreement.
The Opposition Bloc also demanded that the Finance Ministry report to the Verkhovnaya Rada about the impact of martial law in ten regions of Ukraine on its economy.
"We insist that the Finance Ministry report about the consequences of this act of the president for the economy," Novinsky said.
The Verkhovnaya Rada's Commissioner for Human Rights Lyudmila Denisova should report on the observance of human rights in the territories under martial law, he said.
- Significance of belief in God to Russia's development should be reflected in Russian Constitution - Klishas 28 February 2020, 19:33
- Leaders of Russia's leading religions support idea of mentioning God in Constitution 28 February 2020, 15:55
- One in 5 Russians prepared to give up meat during Lent - poll 27 February 2020, 19:53
- Churches to continue autocephality dialogue even if Constantinople refuses to participate 27 February 2020, 11:26
- Russian Church content with results of inter-Orthodox meeting in Amman 27 February 2020, 09:58
- Proposed date for public vote on amendments to Russian Constitution is between Easter and Ramadan 26 February 2020, 18:23
- God doesn't care if he's mentioned in the Constitution - Surkov 26 February 2020, 14:45
- Russian Orthodox Church feels calm about decision of most Churches not to send their delegates to Amman meeting 26 February 2020, 10:15
- Inter-Orthodox meeting on Ukraine in Amman to be attended by 4 out of 15 Church leaders 25 February 2020, 23:04
- Russian Orthodox Church starts installing monitoring cameras at churches 25 February 2020, 22:58
- High-ranking Russian Orthodox Church rep objects to ban on consecration of WMDs 25 February 2020, 18:33
- Islamist from Donbass arrested in Kazan 25 February 2020, 11:02
- Three religious extremists detained in Kazan 20 February 2020, 18:30
- Putin calls to halt any religious discord 20 February 2020, 13:25
- All Russian Orthodox Church parishes in Southeast Asia to pray for riddance of coronavirus 19 February 2020, 18:41
- Court arrests Moscow church attacker 18 February 2020, 19:27
- Investigators file for arrest of suspected assailant of Moscow churchgoers 18 February 2020, 12:18
- Man who attacked people in Moscow church says didn't plan crime, 'got up on wrong side of bed' 17 February 2020, 22:06
- Four members of banned pseudo-religious group convicted in Orenburg Region 17 February 2020, 18:38
- Georgian Church decides not to take part in pan-Orthodox meeting in Jordan 17 February 2020, 18:33
- Romanian Church to agree with granting of tomos to Orthodox Church in Ukraine, provided that Constantinople and Moscow reach consensus - media (updated) 14 February 2020, 21:11
- Karekin II grateful to Syria for recognizing Armenian genocide 14 February 2020, 18:08
- Pan-Orthodox meeting on 'Ukrainian issue' to be held in Amman on Feb 26 (updated) 14 February 2020, 15:08
- No same-sex marriage to be legitimized in Russia as long as I am president - Putin (updated) 13 February 2020, 17:31
- Orthodox leaders to discuss 'Ukrainian issue' in Amman in late Feb (updated) 12 February 2020, 21:28
- CPRF doesn't mind mentioning God in Russian constitution 11 February 2020, 18:30
- Criminal case opened in Transbaikal Territory after searches of residences of suspected Jehovah's Witnesses 10 February 2020, 19:57
- A woman could head the Russian Church synodal department 10 February 2020, 12:34
- Russian Church proposes to designate the special role of Russians in Constitution 10 February 2020, 12:15
- Zelensky invites Pope to visit Ukraine 10 February 2020, 11:58