03 April 2019, 12:19
Karabakh settlement process cannot be one-way road - Catholicos of All Armenians
Yerevan, April 3, Interfax - A peaceful resolution of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is of great significance for regional security, Catholicos Karekin II of All Armenians said.
"An exclusively peaceful resolution of the Karabakh problem is of great significance for peace and stability in the region. In resolving the conflict, priority should be given to the establishment of an atmosphere conducive to peace, including through implementing confidence building measures and softening belligerent rhetoric," Karekin II said at a meeting with Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia at the St. Daniel Monastery in Moscow on Tuesday.
"The authorities and the people of Armenia and Artsakh [the Armenian name for Nagorno-Karabakh] are firmly committed to peace," the press office of the Armenian Apostolic Church quoted Karekin II as saying.
"But this can't be a one-way road," he said.
Karekin II also asked Patriarch Kirill to mediate in freeing Armenian citizen Karen Ghazaryan sentenced in Azerbaijan to 20 years in prison.
"Karen Ghazaryan, who is a resident of the village of Berdavan, the Tavush Region of Armenia, and who has mental problems, found himself in Azerbaijani territory under unclear circumstances. This court ruling involved obvious human rights violations. We appeal to Your Holiness for mediation before Azerbaijani religious and secular authorities to return the young man to his family in line with international obligations," he said addressing Patriarch Kirill.
- Christ the Savior Cathedral receives fourth bomb threat in Dec 11 December 2019, 19:02
- Yakut shaman Gabyshev detained again - human rights activists 11 December 2019, 10:12
- Mufti Gainutdin calls on Muslim leaders to protect persecuted Christians of Africa, Middle East 11 December 2019, 10:10
- Ukraine's canonical Church adds 250 parishes in first year of OCU existence 11 December 2019, 10:08
- Christ the Savior Cathedral "mined" the third time in a few days 09 December 2019, 17:12
- Patriarch Kirill asks Mayor Sobyanin to help restore Orthodox Church in America's representation church in Moscow 06 December 2019, 18:51
- Moscow's Cathedral of Christ the Savior receives 2nd bomb threat this week 06 December 2019, 12:41
- Zelensky urges clerics to back Ukraine's initiatives in run-up to Normandy-format summit 05 December 2019, 13:54
- Saint Isaac's Cathedral and 5 other churchs in St. Petersburg received bomb threats 05 December 2019, 13:52
- Serbian president invites Putin to attend opening of St. Sava Cathedral in Belgrade 04 December 2019, 19:35
- Moscow's Christ the Savior Cathedral alerted to bomb threat 03 December 2019, 20:55
- One year on OCU defectors account for less than 1% of our parishes - UOC 03 December 2019, 18:46
- Moscow Jewish Museum to break stereotypes - director 03 December 2019, 17:26
- FSB reports detention of 9 Hizb ut-Tahrir members recruited Muslims 03 December 2019, 14:12
- Russian Bishops' Council to assess global Orthodox situation in near future 02 December 2019, 20:27
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church calls for end of infowar between Ukraine, Russia 02 December 2019, 18:45
- Russian Patriarch Kirill invited to Estonia by country's Lutheran leader 29 November 2019, 18:31
- Moscow court arrests U.S. rabbi in absentia in Schneerson library case 29 November 2019, 13:56
- Putin notes importance of coordination with OIC in countering threats 29 November 2019, 12:04
- Abortion rate in Russia declines considerably in past 18 years 28 November 2019, 19:06
- Patriarch of Alexandria sends kisses to head of OCU 28 November 2019, 18:29
- FJCR sees plans to arrest U.S. rabbi in Schneerson library case as absurd 28 November 2019, 17:23
- Bulgarian Church takes step toward recognizing OCU 28 November 2019, 17:21
- Ukraine has seen no attacks motivated by anti-Semitism in past 3 years - Association of Jewish Communities 27 November 2019, 17:18
- ROCOR to build new church in U.S 27 November 2019, 17:17
- Orthodox priest in Russia's Jewish Autonomous Region suspected of child molestation 26 November 2019, 14:25
- Georgian patriarch, foreign ambassadors discuss detention of doctor Gaprindashvili in S. Ossetia 26 November 2019, 10:07
- Interreligious Council of Russia calls on int'l community to restore Middle East's holy sites 25 November 2019, 20:28
- Sholem Aleichem monument vandalized near synagogue in Kiev 25 November 2019, 18:46
- Russian parliament, govt agree that extra measures needed to fight domestic violence - Matviyenko 25 November 2019, 16:06