20 June 2019, 18:46
"Kiev Patriarchate" cancels its dissolution
Kiev, June 20, Interfax - The meeting held on Thursday by Filaret Denisenko and called by him the Local Council of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Kiev Patriarchate (UOC-KP) cancelled a resolution of the December 15, 2018 Bishops' Council of UOC-KP on its liquidation.
"The Local Council does not approve but cancels the resolution of the bishops' or so-called Local Council because it was not a Local Council but the collection of signatures of hierarchs, one priest and two laymen on the nominal liquidation of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Kiev Patriarchate at the requirement of Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew. The unifying council of Ukrainian churches on December 15, 2018 and the issue of the tomos of autocephaly would have been impossible without the nominal liquidation of the Kiev patriarchate," a resolution of the Local Council of the UOC-KP obtained by Interfax says.
The document says that UOC-KP "is registered by a government body and continues to exist and operate."
It also says that Patriarch of Kiev and all Russia Filaret "elected for life at the Local Council of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (Kiev Patriarchate) on October 20-22, 1995" remains the head of the UOC-KP.
In line with the resolution, UOC-KP continues to own all means and property acquired at its own expense or received from government bodies or local self-government bodies, including churches, monasteries and educational institutions. All bank accounts are accounts of the Kiev Patriarchate as a legal entity.
All the monasteries in Kiev as well as all the parishes in Kiev are to be governed by the Kiev Patriarchate, the document says.
The resolution says that the tomos of autocephaly extended to the new church of Ukraine on January 6, 2019 in Istanbul does not comply with the charter of autocephalous Churches as it makes UOC dependent on the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople.
"The council thanks Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew and all bishops of the Mother Church for attempting to resolve the Ukrainian church problem but we are not satisfied with the contents of the tomos of autocephaly of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church," the resolution says.
The document says that the charter of UOC-KP adopted at the council on May 13, 2016 and registered by the Ukrainian Ministry of Culture on July 8, 2016 remains its effective charter.
- Website of Russian Dept for External Church Relations hacked 20 October 2021, 18:07
- The Internet is able to cross out everything that the school gives - Patriarch Kirill 20 October 2021, 10:04
- Five supporters of the caliphate were detained in Karachay-Cherkessia 20 October 2021, 10:00
- School student detained for shooting in Perm Territory shouted that he was guided by the 'God's instructions' 18 October 2021, 12:34
- Patriarch Kirill's meeting with Pope not under preparation yet - Metropolitan Hilarion 18 October 2021, 10:19
- Russian Church Bishops' Council postponed until May 2022 due to coronavirus 15 October 2021, 18:20
- Patriarch Kirill considered the preservation of Russia after the twists and turns of the 20th century a miracle 14 October 2021, 17:29
- War in Nagorno-Karabakh in fall 2020 didn't solve conflict - Catholicos of All Armenians 13 October 2021, 19:21
- Patriarch Kirill calls on Azerbaijan, Armenia to avoid language of hatred 13 October 2021, 19:19
- Patriarch Kirill hopes Armenia, Azerbaijan religious leaders can influence minds of conflicting parties in Karabakh 13 October 2021, 14:16
- Religious summit on Karabakh settlement is on in Moscow 13 October 2021, 13:57
- Taliban govt's recognition to depend on situation surrounding Afghan women's rights – Matviyenko 12 October 2021, 19:22
- Vatican to open embassy in Armenia 12 October 2021, 10:00
- Religious leaders of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Russia to meet in Moscow 11 October 2021, 12:39
- Rabbi Lazar wishes Putin to live up to 120 years 08 October 2021, 15:10
- Court in St. Petersburg fines man for justifying terror attack in New Zealand 08 October 2021, 14:54
- Catholicos-Patriarch of Georgia asks Saakashvili to stop hunger strike 07 October 2021, 19:17
- Twice as many people killed in Babi Yar massacre than named at Nuremberg Trials – Zelensky 07 October 2021, 10:44
- House of Romanov says military's attendance at wedding ceremony in St. Petersburg agreed upon 07 October 2021, 10:00
- Risks of creation of new terrorist caliphates declining worldwide - Russian Security Council 06 October 2021, 18:27
- Office of Iranian Supreme Leader's representative in Baku mosque closed 06 October 2021, 12:21
- Names of first 159 Nazi soldiers who killed Jews in Babi Yar in 1941 made public 06 October 2021, 12:10
- A cell of the caliphate's supporters has been liquidated in Moscow and the Moscow Region 04 October 2021, 10:20
- America's L. Ron Hubbard Library, WISE Int. added to Russian register of undesirable organizations 04 October 2021, 10:16
- Romanov, Bettarini tie knot at St. Isaac's Cathedral 01 October 2021, 19:19
- Putin not planning to attend wedding of heir to Romanovs – Peskov 01 October 2021, 15:23
- Jewish Film Festival in Moscow dedicated to the 80th anniversary of the beginning of the Babi Yar shootings 01 October 2021, 09:03
- A blogger who took a provocative photo at St. Basil's Cathedral detained in Moscow 01 October 2021, 08:53
- Investigators charge former Ural schema-hegumen with fanning hatred 30 September 2021, 10:32
- Belarus intends to hold separate referendum on death penalty 28 September 2021, 20:09