20 June 2019, 18:46
"Kiev Patriarchate" cancels its dissolution
Kiev, June 20, Interfax - The meeting held on Thursday by Filaret Denisenko and called by him the Local Council of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Kiev Patriarchate (UOC-KP) cancelled a resolution of the December 15, 2018 Bishops' Council of UOC-KP on its liquidation.
"The Local Council does not approve but cancels the resolution of the bishops' or so-called Local Council because it was not a Local Council but the collection of signatures of hierarchs, one priest and two laymen on the nominal liquidation of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Kiev Patriarchate at the requirement of Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew. The unifying council of Ukrainian churches on December 15, 2018 and the issue of the tomos of autocephaly would have been impossible without the nominal liquidation of the Kiev patriarchate," a resolution of the Local Council of the UOC-KP obtained by Interfax says.
The document says that UOC-KP "is registered by a government body and continues to exist and operate."
It also says that Patriarch of Kiev and all Russia Filaret "elected for life at the Local Council of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (Kiev Patriarchate) on October 20-22, 1995" remains the head of the UOC-KP.
In line with the resolution, UOC-KP continues to own all means and property acquired at its own expense or received from government bodies or local self-government bodies, including churches, monasteries and educational institutions. All bank accounts are accounts of the Kiev Patriarchate as a legal entity.
All the monasteries in Kiev as well as all the parishes in Kiev are to be governed by the Kiev Patriarchate, the document says.
The resolution says that the tomos of autocephaly extended to the new church of Ukraine on January 6, 2019 in Istanbul does not comply with the charter of autocephalous Churches as it makes UOC dependent on the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople.
"The council thanks Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew and all bishops of the Mother Church for attempting to resolve the Ukrainian church problem but we are not satisfied with the contents of the tomos of autocephaly of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church," the resolution says.
The document says that the charter of UOC-KP adopted at the council on May 13, 2016 and registered by the Ukrainian Ministry of Culture on July 8, 2016 remains its effective charter.
- Police stop unsanctioned action near Moscow church 13 August 2020, 10:43
- Belarusian Orthodox Church head to discuss with authorities possible peaceful resolution to protests (updated) 12 August 2020, 16:49
- Ukrainian Uman expects uo to 10,000 Chassidic pilgrims this year 11 August 2020, 15:36
- Patriarch Kirill congratulates Lukashenko on winning Belarusian presidential election 11 August 2020, 10:00
- Tablighi Jamaat literature found in mosques in Mordovia, activists detained 10 August 2020, 20:44
- Some 30 Belarusian priests join flash mob against vote-rigging in election 10 August 2020, 18:35
- 'Main exorcist' of Russian Orthodox Church dies of coronavirus 10 August 2020, 18:27
- "Innovative" church with a dome in the form of an Old Russian helmet may appear in Moscow Region 07 August 2020, 18:11
- Zelensky confirms the right of the UOC to use the Kiev Lavra of the Caves 07 August 2020, 17:57
- Teenage girl dies in Sredneuralsky Convent in Russia's Ural region 07 August 2020, 11:51
- Man who attacked priests with knife in Moscow church gets 1.5 years in penal colony 06 August 2020, 15:39
- Ideologues of destructive religious movements become active in Kazakhstan during quarantine 06 August 2020, 15:14
- Hegumeness of Sredneuralsky Convent calls on followers of schismatic schema-monk Sergy to come to their senses 03 August 2020, 16:52
- Ways to bypass coronavirus-related entry ban for pilgrimage to Ukraine being advertised in Israel 03 August 2020, 14:01
- Top Russian Orthodox priest speaks out against contraception 03 August 2020, 13:40
- Patriarch Kirill says there is not a drop of truth in rumors about his wealth 03 August 2020, 11:56
- Christianization of Rus was the main revolution in Russian history - Patriarch Kirill 28 July 2020, 20:26
- Poroshenko 'proud' of tomos criminal case against him 28 July 2020, 18:49
- Half of Georgian residents agree that faith helps protect against coronavirus - poll 28 July 2020, 16:54
- Russian Foreign Ministry sends notes of protest to Western states' embassies over LGBT flags hoisted on their buildings 28 July 2020, 14:04
- Kyrgyz Muslim board cancels Eid al-Adha collective prayers due to Covid-19 28 July 2020, 12:08
- Russian Orthodox Church calls for learning lessons from Hagia Sophia's transformation into mosque, Nantes Cathedral arson 27 July 2020, 17:00
- About three billion rubles donated annually for construction of Orthodox churches in Moscow 27 July 2020, 15:20
- Russian Church calls female circumcision barbaric 27 July 2020, 10:18
- Russian metropolitan is ready to become a volunteer for a coronavirus vaccine trial 27 July 2020, 10:15
- Patriarch Kirill obliges mother superior of a Moscow monastery to sell her luxury Mercedes 27 July 2020, 10:07
- Ukraine proposes to introduce fine for promoting homosexuality 24 July 2020, 19:43
- Former schema-hegumen not planning to leave Sredneuralsky Convent 24 July 2020, 19:38
- Patriarch Kirill approves decision of Yekaterinburg Diocese's court to defrock monk Sergy (Romanov) 24 July 2020, 11:25
- Patriarch Kirill calls on Armenia, Azerbaijan to have dialogue 24 July 2020, 10:57