06 November 2019, 11:42
The Russian Orthodox Church is responsible for the destiny of Orthodoxy all around the world
Moscow, November 6, Interfax - Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia mentioned special historical mission of the Russian Church, as according to him, it bears responsibility for the future of Orthodoxy all around the world.
“May the Lord unite us in the power of spirit, no matter where we live, in the capital, abroad, somewhere in Russian countryside, or in Ukraine or Byelorussia. We all are the one Russian Orthodox Church, bearing great responsibility not only for religious future of its flock, but I dare say for the future of Orthodox Church all around the world. May the Lord help us in bearing this glorious, but heavy cross,” he said after a liturgy in the Assumption Cathedral of the Moscow Kremlin.
He celebrated that liturgy together with Metropolitan Jean of Dubna, head of the Russian parishes in Western Europe, which officially joined the Russian Orthodox Church a few days ago.
“Now, we are the one Church (...) I have an impression that our people abroad have experienced all possible sufferings and trials, and on these holy days above all our church splits and social divisions that have always accompanied church splits we come to closure on this question,” the patriarch said.
He regretted that restoration of unity with Russian emigrants displeased certain circles. “There are many forces out of the church who try, even today, to solve the seeds of hostility among Russian Orthodox people as they feel mystical fear before the one Russian Orthodox Church”, the patriarch said.
Addressing enemies of the church unity he urged them to give up their fears. “We are faithful people, we believe in our Lord and Savior, we went through trials and faced martyrdom, we are far from intrigues and political ambitions in church environment. We survived and went through all the trials in order to feel to joy of reunion and communication with pure hearts and minds,” the primate stressed.
- Three religious extremists detained in Kazan 20 February 2020, 18:30
- Putin calls to halt any religious discord 20 February 2020, 13:25
- All Russian Orthodox Church parishes in Southeast Asia to pray for riddance of coronavirus 19 February 2020, 18:41
- Court arrests Moscow church attacker 18 February 2020, 19:27
- Investigators file for arrest of suspected assailant of Moscow churchgoers 18 February 2020, 12:18
- Man who attacked people in Moscow church says didn't plan crime, 'got up on wrong side of bed' 17 February 2020, 22:06
- Four members of banned pseudo-religious group convicted in Orenburg Region 17 February 2020, 18:38
- Georgian Church decides not to take part in pan-Orthodox meeting in Jordan 17 February 2020, 18:33
- Romanian Church to agree with granting of tomos to Orthodox Church in Ukraine, provided that Constantinople and Moscow reach consensus - media (updated) 14 February 2020, 21:11
- Karekin II grateful to Syria for recognizing Armenian genocide 14 February 2020, 18:08
- Pan-Orthodox meeting on 'Ukrainian issue' to be held in Amman on Feb 26 (updated) 14 February 2020, 15:08
- No same-sex marriage to be legitimized in Russia as long as I am president - Putin (updated) 13 February 2020, 17:31
- Orthodox leaders to discuss 'Ukrainian issue' in Amman in late Feb (updated) 12 February 2020, 21:28
- CPRF doesn't mind mentioning God in Russian constitution 11 February 2020, 18:30
- Criminal case opened in Transbaikal Territory after searches of residences of suspected Jehovah's Witnesses 10 February 2020, 19:57
- A woman could head the Russian Church synodal department 10 February 2020, 12:34
- Russian Church proposes to designate the special role of Russians in Constitution 10 February 2020, 12:15
- Zelensky invites Pope to visit Ukraine 10 February 2020, 11:58
- Zelensky asks Pope to help with release of Ukrainians in custody in Russia, Donbass 10 February 2020, 11:55
- Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem working as usual, has no info on property handover 05 February 2020, 21:25
- Yakut shaman complains to ECHR 05 February 2020, 18:09
- OCU terminates Filaret's membership in Holy Synod 05 February 2020, 12:27
- Russian Orthodox Church could discontinue practice of blessing WMDs 04 February 2020, 21:05
- Enshrining 'traditional marriage' in constitution at bottom of working group's agenda 04 February 2020, 19:14
- Krasheninnikov against enshrining family, God in constitution 04 February 2020, 18:58
- Pompeo praises Uzbekistan for progress in upholding religious freedom 03 February 2020, 19:17
- Marriage, not family should be defined as union between man and woman in Russian Constitution - Russian Orthodox Church 03 February 2020, 18:04
- Working group to discuss appropriateness of mentioning God in Constitution – Kremlin 03 February 2020, 13:57
- Patriarch Kirill proposes mentioning God in Constitution 02 February 2020, 19:02
- Orthodox society active at Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem still has no info on property transfer to Russia 31 January 2020, 15:14