11 December 2019, 10:12
Yakut shaman Gabyshev detained again - human rights activists
Moscow, December 11, Interfax - Yakut shaman Alexander Gabyshev, who resumed his trip to Moscow earlier, has been detained, the press service for the Pravozashchita Otkrytki human rights organization said.
"Shaman Alexander Gabyshev, who recently announced that he resumed his trip, has been detained on his way to Moscow. Our coordinator Alexey Pryanishniikov reported that," the organization said.
A member of Gabyshev's 'crew', Yevgeny Rostokin, was detained in Yakutsk a few hours ago, it said.
"According to him, [Federal Security Service] FSB officers came to his home and took him for questioning. They told Rostokin that a criminal case of obstructing justice and a preliminary investigation (Article 294 of the Russian Criminal Code, obstructing justice) may be opened against him because he deleted a video recording, which was the reason why the criminal case had been initiated against Gabyshev. Rostokin was released later," the human rights organization said.
Additionally, on Monday, FSB officers visited Gabyshev's sister Yekaterina and tried to give her a summons in his name to appear at the service's office, it said.
"Yekaterina told the officers to look for the shaman on a highway and hand the summons to him," human rights activists said.
Gabyshev started his 8,000-kilometer journey to Moscow in March to "drive Putin away" and "restore the people's power." The trek was supposed to last for two years. He covered a distance of about 3,000 kilometers and drew a number of followers before he was detained.
Masked and armed police detained Gabyshev on Baikal Highway in Buryatia in the early morning of September 19. A criminal case was opened against him on counts of public calls for extremism. As reported, Gabyshev was found insane after a state-ordered psychiatric evaluation.
- Man who attacked people in Moscow church says didn't plan crime, 'got up on wrong side of bed' 17 February 2020, 22:06
- Four members of banned pseudo-religious group convicted in Orenburg Region 17 February 2020, 18:38
- Georgian Church decides not to take part in pan-Orthodox meeting in Jordan 17 February 2020, 18:33
- Romanian Church to agree with granting of tomos to Orthodox Church in Ukraine, provided that Constantinople and Moscow reach consensus - media (updated) 14 February 2020, 21:11
- Karekin II grateful to Syria for recognizing Armenian genocide 14 February 2020, 18:08
- Pan-Orthodox meeting on 'Ukrainian issue' to be held in Amman on Feb 26 (updated) 14 February 2020, 15:08
- No same-sex marriage to be legitimized in Russia as long as I am president - Putin (updated) 13 February 2020, 17:31
- Orthodox leaders to discuss 'Ukrainian issue' in Amman in late Feb (updated) 12 February 2020, 21:28
- CPRF doesn't mind mentioning God in Russian constitution 11 February 2020, 18:30
- Criminal case opened in Transbaikal Territory after searches of residences of suspected Jehovah's Witnesses 10 February 2020, 19:57
- A woman could head the Russian Church synodal department 10 February 2020, 12:34
- Russian Church proposes to designate the special role of Russians in Constitution 10 February 2020, 12:15
- Zelensky invites Pope to visit Ukraine 10 February 2020, 11:58
- Zelensky asks Pope to help with release of Ukrainians in custody in Russia, Donbass 10 February 2020, 11:55
- Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem working as usual, has no info on property handover 05 February 2020, 21:25
- Yakut shaman complains to ECHR 05 February 2020, 18:09
- OCU terminates Filaret's membership in Holy Synod 05 February 2020, 12:27
- Russian Orthodox Church could discontinue practice of blessing WMDs 04 February 2020, 21:05
- Enshrining 'traditional marriage' in constitution at bottom of working group's agenda 04 February 2020, 19:14
- Krasheninnikov against enshrining family, God in constitution 04 February 2020, 18:58
- Pompeo praises Uzbekistan for progress in upholding religious freedom 03 February 2020, 19:17
- Marriage, not family should be defined as union between man and woman in Russian Constitution - Russian Orthodox Church 03 February 2020, 18:04
- Working group to discuss appropriateness of mentioning God in Constitution – Kremlin 03 February 2020, 13:57
- Patriarch Kirill proposes mentioning God in Constitution 02 February 2020, 19:02
- Orthodox society active at Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem still has no info on property transfer to Russia 31 January 2020, 15:14
- Activities of Jehovah's Witnesses stopped in Komi 31 January 2020, 15:11
- Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia doing important work preserving truth about war - Putin 29 January 2020, 14:08
- Conditions for Jewish community comfortable in Russia - Rabbi Lazar 29 January 2020, 14:07
- Archpriest Chaplin died of heart attack 27 January 2020, 18:51
- Russian Church accuses Constantinople for ingratitude and Russophobia 27 January 2020, 18:45