13 January 2020, 19:36
The Russian Orthodox Church official believes Stalin could have become a good bishop
Moscow, January 13, Interfax - Joseph Stalin could have become a good church leader, if he had graduated from a seminary and had not abandoned the Church, the Russian Church Education Committee official said.
"He had an ability to manage, to see the things globally, to take strategical decisions. If he had not rejected the Christian tradition (or if had not been pushed away) and his abilities to strategic decisions and global outlook had been combined with Gospels morality, mercy and forgiveness, Stalin could have become a good leader - either a church or a state one," head of the Russian Church Education Committee Archpriest Maxim Kozlov said in his interview with Business-Online website.
Thus the archpriest answered the question if he would have excluded Joseph Dzhugashvili from the seminary in Tiflis, if he had studied there in his times.
According to him, each person is destined by God to salvation and everyone has an opportunity to grow up to the level of a saint.
"We are not Calvinists who believe that certain people are destined to perish while others would certainly be saved. Thus, Stalin had a potential to the very high growth," the Russian Church official said.
He also noted that the more gifts a person who abandoned God had, the louder was his crash.
"Let us remember Leo Tolstoy, the measure of his talent and the measure of his worldview crash and scarcity in the end of his days. The same situation is here - if someone could have predicted who Joseph Dzhugashvili would be and had a chance not to lose this person, the best pedagogues of the Russian Church should have been attracted in order to direct him to the right way," the Education Committee head said.
- Three religious extremists detained in Kazan 20 February 2020, 18:30
- Putin calls to halt any religious discord 20 February 2020, 13:25
- All Russian Orthodox Church parishes in Southeast Asia to pray for riddance of coronavirus 19 February 2020, 18:41
- Court arrests Moscow church attacker 18 February 2020, 19:27
- Investigators file for arrest of suspected assailant of Moscow churchgoers 18 February 2020, 12:18
- Man who attacked people in Moscow church says didn't plan crime, 'got up on wrong side of bed' 17 February 2020, 22:06
- Four members of banned pseudo-religious group convicted in Orenburg Region 17 February 2020, 18:38
- Georgian Church decides not to take part in pan-Orthodox meeting in Jordan 17 February 2020, 18:33
- Romanian Church to agree with granting of tomos to Orthodox Church in Ukraine, provided that Constantinople and Moscow reach consensus - media (updated) 14 February 2020, 21:11
- Karekin II grateful to Syria for recognizing Armenian genocide 14 February 2020, 18:08
- Pan-Orthodox meeting on 'Ukrainian issue' to be held in Amman on Feb 26 (updated) 14 February 2020, 15:08
- No same-sex marriage to be legitimized in Russia as long as I am president - Putin (updated) 13 February 2020, 17:31
- Orthodox leaders to discuss 'Ukrainian issue' in Amman in late Feb (updated) 12 February 2020, 21:28
- CPRF doesn't mind mentioning God in Russian constitution 11 February 2020, 18:30
- Criminal case opened in Transbaikal Territory after searches of residences of suspected Jehovah's Witnesses 10 February 2020, 19:57
- A woman could head the Russian Church synodal department 10 February 2020, 12:34
- Russian Church proposes to designate the special role of Russians in Constitution 10 February 2020, 12:15
- Zelensky invites Pope to visit Ukraine 10 February 2020, 11:58
- Zelensky asks Pope to help with release of Ukrainians in custody in Russia, Donbass 10 February 2020, 11:55
- Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem working as usual, has no info on property handover 05 February 2020, 21:25
- Yakut shaman complains to ECHR 05 February 2020, 18:09
- OCU terminates Filaret's membership in Holy Synod 05 February 2020, 12:27
- Russian Orthodox Church could discontinue practice of blessing WMDs 04 February 2020, 21:05
- Enshrining 'traditional marriage' in constitution at bottom of working group's agenda 04 February 2020, 19:14
- Krasheninnikov against enshrining family, God in constitution 04 February 2020, 18:58
- Pompeo praises Uzbekistan for progress in upholding religious freedom 03 February 2020, 19:17
- Marriage, not family should be defined as union between man and woman in Russian Constitution - Russian Orthodox Church 03 February 2020, 18:04
- Working group to discuss appropriateness of mentioning God in Constitution – Kremlin 03 February 2020, 13:57
- Patriarch Kirill proposes mentioning God in Constitution 02 February 2020, 19:02
- Orthodox society active at Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem still has no info on property transfer to Russia 31 January 2020, 15:14