16 September 2020, 20:27
Kiev calls on Belarusian authorities to ensure Hasidic pilgrims adhere to quarantine regulations
Kiev, September 16, Interfax - The Ukrainian Foreign Ministry has called on the Belarusian authorities to ensure that foreign pilgrims heading to Ukraine via Belarus to celebrate Rosh Hashanah unconditionally adhere to the quarantine restrictions.
"The overwhelming majority of the pilgrims have stayed on the section of the border for over than 48 hours and do not reside permanently or temporarily in Ukraine, which is a violation of the quarantine regulations of transit established in the Republic of Belarus. In light of the aforementioned circumstances, the Ukrainian side insistently urges the Belarusian side to ensure that the foreign pilgrims unconditionally adhere to the quarantine restrictions and the existing legislation of Ukraine and the Republic of Belarus," the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry said in a commentary posted on its website on Wednesday.
According to available information, foreigners arriving in Belarus must self-isolate for 14 days in accordance with the quarantine regulations in place in Belarus, the ministry said. Transit via the territory of Belarus can last up to 48 hours with the purpose of heading to the country of permanent or temporary residence.
On September 15, 2020, the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry requested that the Belarusian Foreign Ministry do not process the documents of foreign pilgrims permitting them to enter Ukraine, because they cannot be allowed to enter the territory of Ukraine due to the coronavirus-related restrictions.
The Ukrainian side also repeatedly informed the Belarusian side about the restrictions of foreigners' entry into the territory of Ukraine.
As reported, hundreds of Hasidic pilgrims wishing to get to Ukraine's Uman city to celebrate Rosh Hashanah have gathered near the Novi Yarylovychi - Novaya Guta checkpoint.
Belarusian border guards let the pilgrims out of the country, but they were not allowed to enter the territory of Ukraine due to the restrictions on foreign citizens and stateless persons' entry into the country imposed in order to counter the coronavirus spread.
Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko ordered to provide assistance to the Hasidic pilgrims stranded on the Belarusian-Ukrainian border.
- Radical Islamists step up work among young Russians - Patrushev 30 October 2020, 19:49
- Religious extremist organizations trying to strengthen their positions in Russia using migrants 30 October 2020, 19:48
- Russian mufti condemns attacks on innocent people, calls on Muslims to be above those who slander Islam 30 October 2020, 18:01
- Kremlin sees no connection between attack on police station in Tatarstan and events in France (updated) 30 October 2020, 16:41
- FJCR President puts on Charlie Hebdo indirect blame for the attack on church in Nice 30 October 2020, 13:42
- No world religions accept ideas of extremism - Peskov 30 October 2020, 13:26
- Tatarstan Interior Ministry denies Kukmor assailant was on police books as extremist-minded person 30 October 2020, 13:14
- Teenager who attacked police station in Tatarstan did not go to local mosques 30 October 2020, 11:50
- Islamist teenager shot dead after attacking police station in Russia's Tatarstan 30 October 2020, 11:08
- Patriarch Kirill condemns Nice attack disguised by religious slogans 29 October 2020, 20:07
- Muslims holding unauthorized protest outside French embassy in Moscow 29 October 2020, 17:57
- Kremlin comments on Chechen authorities' plans to pay 100,000 rubles for naming newborns after Prophet Muhammad 29 October 2020, 16:34
- Putin calls attack at Nice church 'cynical, brutal crime,' says Russians share French people's anger, grief - Kremlin 29 October 2020, 16:33
- Religious affiliation in Russia in no way criterion for appointment, election to state posts - Peskov 29 October 2020, 14:45
- Magazine similar to France's Charlie Hebdo impossible in Russia - Peskov 29 October 2020, 14:35
- Unacceptable to insult feelings of believers, kill people for religious reasons - Peskov 29 October 2020, 14:32
- Kremlin describes Nice church attack as 'absolutely horrific tragedy' 29 October 2020, 14:30
- Kadyrov describes his words addressed to Macron as gesture of Muslim, not politician 29 October 2020, 10:00
- Former schema-hegumen Sergy refuses to go to questionings for fear of contracting Covid-19 28 October 2020, 20:07
- Russian Orthodox Church shocked by changes at Istanbul's Chora Monastery recently turned into mosque 28 October 2020, 20:02
- Prosecutors seeking 18 years in penal colony for head of Russian cell of Aum Shinrikyo 28 October 2020, 18:14
- Kantor reelected president of European Jewish Congress 28 October 2020, 15:12
- Kadyrov urges Macron to stop backing publication of Prophet Muhammad cartoons 27 October 2020, 18:20
- Russian court rejects appeal from Jehovah's Witness from Denmark on replacing remaining prison term with fine 27 October 2020, 18:14
- Russia has 1 mln Jews - FJCR 27 October 2020, 10:56
- Head of the Church of Cyprus recognizes OCU autocephaly 26 October 2020, 13:30
- Tikhanovskaya urges religious communities to support the strike 26 October 2020, 12:07
- Head of Jehovah's Witnesses cell in Kirov was fined for about 6,500 USD 23 October 2020, 18:32
- Over 20 "caliphate builders" exposed in North Caucasus 23 October 2020, 12:38
- Russian Church concerned about possibility of illegal use of personal data 22 October 2020, 20:15