23 June 2006, 17:04
Moscow hosts the next round of Orthodox-Catholic dialogue
Moscow, June 23, Interfax - Members of the joint working group for considering the problems in relations between the Russian Orthodox and Roman Catholic Churches spoke about the necessity of mutual openness and cooperation in social ministry in the present situation when society has many unsolved problems.
On Friday, members of the joint working group visited an orphanage for mentally disabled children. The orphanage was set up in Moscow by the missionaries of Charity (Sisters of Mother Theresa of Calcutta).
‘Members of the group were eyewitnesses of selfless charity work of the sisters. They noted with appreciation that Orthodox clergymen visit the institutions of the Order in Moscow for pastoral purposes,’ official Moscow Patriarchate press release on the results of the meeting says.
Members of the group discussed several Catholic social projects, for instance, in the city of Prokopievsk, Kemerovo region. They emphasized that Christian charity should be done with respect for religious identity of the human person. This respect excludes proselytism.
General secretary of the Conference of catholic bishops of Russia Rev. Igor Kovalevsky and deputy chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate Department for External Church Relations Rev. Vsevolod Chaplin co-chair the group. The group also includes DECR secretary for interchristian relations Rev. Igor Vyzhanov, secretary of the Holy See representation in Moscow Mons. Ante Jozic, DECR staff member Alexey Dolgov and director of the ‘Religious Library’ cultural centre Jean-Francois Thiry.
- One more Russian Orthodox metropolitan carries out air procession with cross against coronavirus 02 April 2020, 17:34
- Head of the Byelorussian Orthodox Church to fly along the country’s borders with relics and prayers to stop coronavirus 02 April 2020, 17:32
- About 20 members of Jewish community of Russia hospitalized with coronavirus suspected 02 April 2020, 16:05
- Moscow rabbi recovers from coronavirus 01 April 2020, 17:09
- Patriarch to go around Moscow with icon of Our Lady to rid people of coronavirus 01 April 2020, 13:24
- Patriarch Kirill calls on believers to refrain from visiting churches amid coronavirus pandemic 29 March 2020, 20:09
- Opera singer Svetlana Kasyan hospitalized with coronavirus 28 March 2020, 18:10
- Patriarch Kirill prays for the end of pandemic 28 March 2020, 17:58
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia will give Pesach food sets to all parishioners 28 March 2020, 17:55
- Case of leader of Aum Shinrikyo group in Russia sent to prosecutor 26 March 2020, 19:27
- Belarusian Orthodox Church doesn't plan to cancel Easter processions 26 March 2020, 16:25
- Russian Orthodox Church shows understanding of Sobyanin's advice not to attend service but says churches will stay open 26 March 2020, 15:08
- Sobyanin asks Muscovites not to visit religious sites 26 March 2020, 10:49
- Ukrainian monasteries will assign premises for Covid-19 patients 25 March 2020, 19:24
- FJCR closes all its synagogues in Russia 25 March 2020, 15:49
- Monastery south of Moscow thrown away dozens of dogs, police was told they miraculously flew away 24 March 2020, 17:40
- Lukashenko on coronavirus: If we get through until Orthodox Easter, we'll live 24 March 2020, 14:40
- Kyrgyz missionary contracts Covid-19 in Pakistan - Kyrgyz Foreign Ministry 23 March 2020, 14:40
- Georgian churches to let in max. 10 people in state of emergency - premier 23 March 2020, 12:29
- Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia's council postponed due to coronavirus 20 March 2020, 19:52
- Rabbi beaten to death in Dagestan 20 March 2020, 19:12
- Friday prayers cancelled in Moscow's mosques 20 March 2020, 13:33
- Tajikistan lifts ban on joint prayers in mosques 19 March 2020, 19:02
- Russian Orthodox Church does not exclude usage of plastic spoons for Communion 18 March 2020, 16:43
- Chief rabbi of Russia closes his synagogue 18 March 2020, 14:12
- Russian Synod orders increased sanitary measures at all dioceses with coronavirus 18 March 2020, 10:40
- Cathedral of Christ the Savior receives bomb threat on Tue 18 March 2020, 10:38
- Russian Church introduces exceptional measures for coronavirus prevention 17 March 2020, 19:00
- Leader of Pentecostals considers coronavirus a sign of coming Apocalypse 17 March 2020, 14:46
- Moscow's stance on Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem deals with reinstatement of Russia's property rights - Russian Embassy in Israel 17 March 2020, 11:12