02 September 2021, 14:25
Lithuanian president promises not to allow LGBT history to be taught in schools
Vilnius, September 2, Interfax/BNS - Lithuanian President Gitanas Nauseda said that he is against the demands of the organizers of the march of sexual minorities to allow homosexuals to adopt, as well as to teach the history of the LGBT community in schools.
"I'm against such requirements and I believe that they won't be implemented in Lithuania. As president, I will do everything in my power to ensure that such requirements are not implemented now," the head of state told reporters on Thursday.
He noted that for such changes it would be necessary to amend the Constitution.
Representatives of the LGBT community on Thursday handed to the chairman of the Seimas Victoria Chmilita-Nielsen a list of their demands of 14 points, including the requirement to ensure the right to marriage, partnership and adoption, regardless of gender; to give social guarantees and services to everyone, without discrimination based on family status; to legalize a "decent sex change"; to amend the Law on the Protection of Minors from the Negative Impact of the Media, on the basis of which information about sex minorities is censored.
The LGBT community demands to simplify the issuance of personal documents after a sex change, so that you do not need to go to court for this. The list also includes a requirement to ban conversion therapy, a practice aimed at changing sexual orientation.
- Lawyer German Lukyanov who helped exonerate Nicholas II passes away 20 May 2022, 10:37
- The cathedral of Russian Church desecrated in Vilnius 19 May 2022, 20:14
- Putin's decision on Ukraine operation 'moral choice,' not geopolitics - top Kremlin official 19 May 2022, 20:08
- Duma committee supports bill banning foreigners from using surrogate mother services in Russia 19 May 2022, 15:54
- ROCOR first hierarch to be buried in Jordanville, New York, on May 22 18 May 2022, 10:30
- Patriarch Kirill offers Russia renewed understanding of sovereignty based on traditional values, without looking back to West 18 May 2022, 10:09
- Patriarch Kirill proposes stripping private clinics of right to receive female patients for abortions 17 May 2022, 19:49
- Patriarch Kirill describes 'abolition' of Russian culture in West as insane 17 May 2022, 16:27
- Patrushev blames the West of striving to achieve spiritual and moral degradation of Russia 17 May 2022, 16:22
- Patriarch Kirill calls for observance of humanitarian law in areas of special operation in Ukraine, Donbass 17 May 2022, 16:19
- First Hierarch of ROCOR Metropolitan Hilarion passes away 17 May 2022, 11:06
- Patriarch Kirill calls Orban one of few European politicians who stands up for Christian values 16 May 2022, 21:37
- The Russian Church declares a negative attitude to computer games 16 May 2022, 15:44
- Russian experts record more than 70 attacks on churches of UOC by the Ukrainian side 16 May 2022, 15:37
- The Synod of Ukrainian Orthodox Church asks Zelensky to put an end to her oppression 12 May 2022, 17:27
- Jehovah's Witnesses member in Nizhny Novgorod given 6-year suspended sentence 12 May 2022, 11:23
- Sanctions against Patriarch Kirill will not affect his activities in any way – Russian Church 10 May 2022, 15:28
- Patriarch Kirill describes Russia as self-sufficient country which doesn't want to harm anyone 08 May 2022, 17:15
- Patriarch Kirill calls on believers to pray for Russia to be protected from external, internal enemies 06 May 2022, 14:26
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church says bans on its activities imposed by local authorities have no legal force 06 May 2022, 12:06
- Russia to hold consultations with Hamas on situation around Al-Aqsa 05 May 2022, 11:21
- Patriarch Kirill can't be scared with sanctions - Russian Orthodox Church 04 May 2022, 16:01
- Pope Francis' recount of conversation with Patriarch Kirill incorrect - Russian Orthodox Church 04 May 2022, 15:38
- Russian Orthodox Church asks to use its potential in opening humanitarian corridors in special operation zone 04 May 2022, 14:47
- No agreement on Putin's meeting with Pontiff – Peskov 04 May 2022, 14:10
- Russia never attacked anyone, always protected its borders - Patriarch Kirill 04 May 2022, 12:10
- Russian Orthodox Church indicates interest in achievement of lasting peace in Ukraine 29 April 2022, 16:44
- The Russian Church' speaker calls the "culture of cancellation" a self-reprimand of civilization 29 April 2022, 12:46
- The Russian Foreign Ministry advised Washington to take care of religious freedoms in the United States 29 April 2022, 12:39
- Serbian patriarch assures Patriarch Kirill of support of Russian Orthodox Church amid Ukraine crisis 27 April 2022, 22:26