27 June 2022, 19:42
Founder of Jehovah's Witnesses cell in Krasnoyarsk jailed for 6 years
Krasnoyarsk, July 27, Interfax - The Oktyabrsky District Court of Krasnoyarsk has sentenced a follower of the Jehovah's Witnesses religious organization, deemed extremist and banned in Russia, to six years in prison, the press service for the united courts of the Krasnoyarsk Territory said.
The man was found guilty of organizing the activities of a religious organization abolished by a court after being declared extremist.
"He was sentenced to imprisonment for six years in a general-security penal colony and [subsequent] custodial restraint for one year," the press service said.
In addition, the convicted man was deprived of the right to hold organizing positions in social and religious associations for two years.
According to the court, law enforcement officers put an end to his illegal activities during a search at his house in December 2020.
The defendant was calling for studying the religious literature of the banned organization, promoting the superiority of its followers over other people and organizing the operations of its local cell, the press service said.
The Supreme Court of Russia upheld the lawsuit lodged by the Russian Justice Ministry and declared Jehovah's Witnesses of Russia an extremist organization and banned their activities in the country in April 2017.
- Russian Orthodox Church dismisses rumors of Kiev Lavra of the Caves takeover by Orthodox Church of Ukraine 02 December 2022, 22:22
- Russian Orthodox Church slams Ukraine's plans to ban Ukrainian Orthodox Church 02 December 2022, 18:55
- Ukrainian Security Service officials arrive at Ukrainian Orthodox Church premises in 3 regions 02 December 2022, 16:40
- Security Service of Ukraine seizes pro-Russian books in Orthodox nunnery in Trans-Carpathian Region 01 December 2022, 15:02
- Russia's Federation Council endorses bills banning LGBT, pedophilia propaganda 30 November 2022, 14:02
- Cyril and Methodius Monastery of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church being searched 30 November 2022, 11:52
- Kadyrov and the head of Russian Buddhists criticizes the Pope's statements about the conflict in Ukraine 30 November 2022, 11:20
- Only constitutional amendment can provide basis for reinstating capital punishment in Russia - Constitutional Court chairman 29 November 2022, 15:20
- The Russian Church doubts the ability of Ukraine to be an independent country 28 November 2022, 11:33
- Russia's Duma to pass bill in Dec banning services of Russian surrogate mothers for foreigners 28 November 2022, 10:05
- Chernovtsy and Bukovina Diocese searched, high treason case opened – media 25 November 2022, 18:00
- Russia's State Duma adopts package of bills banning LGBT propaganda 24 November 2022, 15:58
- Marketplaces to be banned from selling goods with LGBT propaganda in Russia 23 November 2022, 16:53
- Ukrainian law enforcement officers find pro-Russian literature when searching Ukrainian Orthodox Church establishments - media 23 November 2022, 13:41
- Bill on banning Russian Orthodox Church in Ukraine registered in Verkhovnaya Rada 23 November 2022, 10:34
- Russian Orthodox Church says persecution of monks in Kiev Pechersk Laura Monastery must stop 22 November 2022, 14:21
- Searches at Kiev Lavra of the Caves are yet another link in 'chain of military actions' of Ukraine against Russian Orthodoxy – Peskov 22 November 2022, 13:53
- Ukrainian Security Service looking for saboteurs, weapons at Kiev Lavra of the Caves 22 November 2022, 12:42
- Patriarch Kirill says the fate of the world depends on the future of Russia 21 November 2022, 11:58
- Putin sends birthday greetings to Patriarch Kirill 21 November 2022, 11:54
- Sex change propaganda to be penalized by fine of 50,000 to 1 mln rubles in Russia under amendments approved by Duma committee 21 November 2022, 11:52
- Russian bailiffs forcibly collecting 6-mln-ruble fines from TikTok for LGBT propaganda 17 November 2022, 11:10
- Russia's Patriarch Kirill says ready to speak on western TV 16 November 2022, 18:41
- Putin calls high spiritual and moral guidelines the basis of Russia's identity 15 November 2022, 16:58
- Verkhovnaya Rada deputy initiates transfer of Kiev Lavra of the Caves to Orthodox church of Ukraine 15 November 2022, 16:25
- State Duma may pass bill banning LGBT propaganda next week 14 November 2022, 20:30
- Putin signs decree on foundations of state policy for consolidating traditional Russian values 09 November 2022, 18:46
- Archpriest Mikhail Vasilyev who died in Special Military Operation zone awarded Hero of Russia title 08 November 2022, 22:40
- Patriarch Kirill says the current challenges threaten the very existence of Russia 07 November 2022, 13:27
- FJCR president says no growth of anti-Semitism in Russia 03 November 2022, 15:52