12 July 2022, 17:02
Kyrgyz special services claim to have prevented terrorist on Eid al-Adha in Bishkek
Bishkek, July 12, Interfax - A terrorist attack plotted by Syrian militants has been prevented in Bishkek, the Kyrgyz National Security Committee said on Tuesday.
"During preparations for celebrating the Eid al-Adha holiday, National Security Committee officers prevented a terrorist attack in Bishkek. Counterterrorist measures resulted in detaining two foreign citizens engaged in an international terrorist organization, who had arrived from Syria using fake passports," it said.
Security operatives also detained several Kyrgyz citizens suspected of aiding and abetting members of the international terrorist organization, it said.
"The investigation obtained incontrovertible evidence proving that said individuals had undergone sabotage and terrorism training in the combat zone in Syria. One of the detainees is an instructor in manufacturing an improvised explosive device," it said.
Among other plans, the suspects made preparations for committing an act of terrorism during a holiday prayer on July 9, for which they had rented an apartment near the central square of Bishkek and conducted reconnaissance from there.
A criminal case has been opened, and the detainees have been placed in the National Security Committee's pretrial detention center.
- Chernovtsy and Bukovina Diocese searched, high treason case opened – media 25 November 2022, 18:00
- Russia's State Duma adopts package of bills banning LGBT propaganda 24 November 2022, 15:58
- Marketplaces to be banned from selling goods with LGBT propaganda in Russia 23 November 2022, 16:53
- Ukrainian law enforcement officers find pro-Russian literature when searching Ukrainian Orthodox Church establishments - media 23 November 2022, 13:41
- Bill on banning Russian Orthodox Church in Ukraine registered in Verkhovnaya Rada 23 November 2022, 10:34
- Russian Orthodox Church says persecution of monks in Kiev Pechersk Laura Monastery must stop 22 November 2022, 14:21
- Searches at Kiev Lavra of the Caves are yet another link in 'chain of military actions' of Ukraine against Russian Orthodoxy – Peskov 22 November 2022, 13:53
- Ukrainian Security Service looking for saboteurs, weapons at Kiev Lavra of the Caves 22 November 2022, 12:42
- Patriarch Kirill says the fate of the world depends on the future of Russia 21 November 2022, 11:58
- Putin sends birthday greetings to Patriarch Kirill 21 November 2022, 11:54
- Sex change propaganda to be penalized by fine of 50,000 to 1 mln rubles in Russia under amendments approved by Duma committee 21 November 2022, 11:52
- Russian bailiffs forcibly collecting 6-mln-ruble fines from TikTok for LGBT propaganda 17 November 2022, 11:10
- Russia's Patriarch Kirill says ready to speak on western TV 16 November 2022, 18:41
- Putin calls high spiritual and moral guidelines the basis of Russia's identity 15 November 2022, 16:58
- Verkhovnaya Rada deputy initiates transfer of Kiev Lavra of the Caves to Orthodox church of Ukraine 15 November 2022, 16:25
- State Duma may pass bill banning LGBT propaganda next week 14 November 2022, 20:30
- Putin signs decree on foundations of state policy for consolidating traditional Russian values 09 November 2022, 18:46
- Archpriest Mikhail Vasilyev who died in Special Military Operation zone awarded Hero of Russia title 08 November 2022, 22:40
- Patriarch Kirill says the current challenges threaten the very existence of Russia 07 November 2022, 13:27
- FJCR president says no growth of anti-Semitism in Russia 03 November 2022, 15:52
- Kremlin says is not discussing the reintroduction of death penalty 03 November 2022, 13:23
- Death penalty reinstatement in Russia impossible under current constitution – senator 02 November 2022, 16:15
- West has no right to impose its values on world – Putin 27 October 2022, 21:21
- Tougher amendments may be submitted for 2nd reading of bill banning LGBT propaganda - Duma speaker 27 October 2022, 11:57
- Package of bills banning LGBT propaganda in Russia passes 1st reading in State Duma 27 October 2022, 11:50
- Patriarch Kirill's call for amending national security strategy requires detailed discussion - Kremlin 26 October 2022, 14:52
- Post-war system of international relations becoming obsolete - Russia's Patriarch Kirill 26 October 2022, 12:15
- Kremlin not opposed to Pope engagement in looking for ways of settlement in Ukraine 25 October 2022, 14:36
- Russia helping mankind push back end of world - Patriarch Kirill 25 October 2022, 13:28
- Bills banning LGBT propaganda, pedophilia and on related fines submitted to Russian State Duma 20 October 2022, 20:21