14 September 2022, 11:40
Patriarch Kirill: attempts to build world order without relying on moral values led to fierce confrontation
Nur-Sultan, September 14, Interfax - Modern-day challenges and attempts to build the world order without relying upon moral values as a pillar have resulted not only in the loss of the notion of justice in international relations, but have also led to severe confrontation and military conflicts, Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia said.
"Food, energy and economic problems stemming from attempts to build the world order without relying upon moral values have added to the challenges spawned by the pandemic of the coronavirus infection. Over the past two decades, these attempts have resulted not only in the loss of the notion of justice in international relations, but have also led to fierce confrontation, military conflicts and the spread of terrorism and extremism in different parts of the world," Patriarch Kirill said in his greetings to the participants in the 7th Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions in the Kazakh capital.
The patriarch's message was read out by Metropolitan Anthony of Volokolamsk, the chairman of the Moscow Patriarchate's Department for External Church Relations.
Today, "it is more difficult for people than ever before to find their way amid the flow of information, to resist ideological hypnosis and to keep a sober mind and inner peace," the head of the Russian Orthodox Church said.
"The possibility of holding dialogue in today's challenging circumstances is quite a valuable resource. It is an important step toward resolving existing problems. I am confident that the peace-making dialogue of the religious leaders along with their influence on people's minds and hearts can and should help overcome present-day challenges, harmonize international relations and establish a just world order," he said.
- Patriarch Kirill diagnosed with Covid-19 30 September 2022, 12:41
- State Duma Council to consider consultations on possible reintroduction of death penalty 27 September 2022, 20:44
- Patriarch Kirill calls for spiritual mobilization 27 September 2022, 15:34
- Russia's FSB reports detention a Muslim recruter in Moscow area 27 September 2022, 11:58
- Russian Church warns the West against "slipping into a bestial state" 23 September 2022, 12:11
- Patriarch Kirill declares the futility of attempts to intimidate the Russians 19 September 2022, 14:04
- Religious leaders call for ending conflicts, bloodshed in the world at congress in Nur-Sultan 15 September 2022, 14:49
- Some 10,000 believers attending papal mass in Kazakh capital 14 September 2022, 17:16
- Russian Supreme Court brands as terrorist, bans Islamic Renaissance Party of Tajikistan 14 September 2022, 11:42
- Pontiff urges religious leaders to help settle conflicts through dialogue 14 September 2022, 11:41
- Patriarch Kirill: attempts to build world order without relying on moral values led to fierce confrontation 14 September 2022, 11:40
- Bishop Nicholas of Manhattan elected new First Hierarch of Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia 13 September 2022, 20:42
- Catholicos of All Armenians urges world to react to Azerbaijan's actions 13 September 2022, 15:42
- Pope Francis arrives in Kazakhstan's capital 13 September 2022, 15:38
- Russian State Duma may hold hearings on LGBT propaganda ban in Oct-Nov 13 September 2022, 14:50
- Latvian Orthodox Church chooses not to argue with govt about its status 12 September 2022, 10:30
- Patriarch Kirill calls Elizabeth II symbol of sustainability of centuries-old traditions for entire Europe 09 September 2022, 13:02
- Russian Orthodox Church on declaration of Latvian Church's autocephaly by parliament: they surpassed Middle Ages 08 September 2022, 21:45
- Latvian Saeima endorses law on independence of Latvian Orthodox Church 08 September 2022, 19:06
- WCC refuses to accuse Russian Orthodox Church despite pressure 08 September 2022, 17:03
- Court in Primorye overrules order committing Yakutia shaman Gabyshev to hospital 08 September 2022, 10:31
- Russian ombudsman calls for moratorium on death penalty in DPR 07 September 2022, 14:42
- Patriarch Kirill highlights Russia's special role in modern history 06 September 2022, 17:35
- Riga seeking independence of Latvian Orthodox Church from Moscow Patriarchate (updated) 05 September 2022, 17:44
- Russian Orthodox Church outraged by interference of Latvian secular authorities in church affairs 05 September 2022, 15:32
- World Council of Churches refuses to isolate Russian Orthodox Church delegation at its assembly 01 September 2022, 21:32
- Russian Orthodox Church accuses German president of putting pressure on World Council of Churches 01 September 2022, 14:23
- Russian Orthodox Church views Kyiv's sanctions on Patriarch Kirill as PR campaign 31 August 2022, 17:25
- Fines for LGBT propaganda to be from 50,000 to 200,000 rubles for citizens, foreigners may be deported from Russia 31 August 2022, 16:42
- Ukrainian govt approves proposed sanctions against Patriarch Kirill 31 August 2022, 09:56