17 July 2006, 16:30
Synod of the Moscow Patriarchate speaks up for the continuation of dialogue with Vatican
Moscow, July 17, Interfax - The Holy Synod of the Moscow Patriarchate spoke up for the continuation of dialogue with the Roman Catholic Church on the problems of common concern for Orthodox and Catholics.
The Holy Synod opened in the Laura of the Holy Trinity and St. Sergius on Monday named human rights and dignity and moral responsibility of the human person among the key issues for the dialogue.
These problems were also discussed at the meeting of the head of the Moscow Patriarchate Department for External Church Relations Metropolitan Kirill with the Pope of Rome Benedict XVI last May. They noted the closeness of views of both churches on these problems and their wish to continue common work over a document that would fully reflect the position of the Roman Catholic and Russian Orthodox Churches. A possible common position on the problem of bioethics was regarded as useful, and the combined efforts of the two Churches for protecting and affirming the institute of family and the value of human life were considered necessary.
The participants in the Holy Synod session expressed their satisfaction with the talks between Metropolitan Kirill and the head of Vatican.
The hierarchs of the Russian Church approved the results of the Orthodox-Catholic Conference 'Give a Soul to Europe. The Mission and Responsibility of the Churches' that took place in Vienna earlier in May discussing such topics as the challenges of globalization, influence of Christian ethics on politics, economics and the mass media, and dialogue of Churches with other religions and secular humanists.
- Patriarch Kirill calls on believers to refrain from visiting churches amid coronavirus pandemic 29 March 2020, 20:09
- Opera singer Svetlana Kasyan hospitalized with coronavirus 28 March 2020, 18:10
- Patriarch Kirill prays for the end of pandemic 28 March 2020, 17:58
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia will give Pesach food sets to all parishioners 28 March 2020, 17:55
- Case of leader of Aum Shinrikyo group in Russia sent to prosecutor 26 March 2020, 19:27
- Belarusian Orthodox Church doesn't plan to cancel Easter processions 26 March 2020, 16:25
- Russian Orthodox Church shows understanding of Sobyanin's advice not to attend service but says churches will stay open 26 March 2020, 15:08
- Sobyanin asks Muscovites not to visit religious sites 26 March 2020, 10:49
- Ukrainian monasteries will assign premises for Covid-19 patients 25 March 2020, 19:24
- FJCR closes all its synagogues in Russia 25 March 2020, 15:49
- Monastery south of Moscow thrown away dozens of dogs, police was told they miraculously flew away 24 March 2020, 17:40
- Lukashenko on coronavirus: If we get through until Orthodox Easter, we'll live 24 March 2020, 14:40
- Kyrgyz missionary contracts Covid-19 in Pakistan - Kyrgyz Foreign Ministry 23 March 2020, 14:40
- Georgian churches to let in max. 10 people in state of emergency - premier 23 March 2020, 12:29
- Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia's council postponed due to coronavirus 20 March 2020, 19:52
- Rabbi beaten to death in Dagestan 20 March 2020, 19:12
- Friday prayers cancelled in Moscow's mosques 20 March 2020, 13:33
- Tajikistan lifts ban on joint prayers in mosques 19 March 2020, 19:02
- Russian Orthodox Church does not exclude usage of plastic spoons for Communion 18 March 2020, 16:43
- Chief rabbi of Russia closes his synagogue 18 March 2020, 14:12
- Russian Synod orders increased sanitary measures at all dioceses with coronavirus 18 March 2020, 10:40
- Cathedral of Christ the Savior receives bomb threat on Tue 18 March 2020, 10:38
- Russian Church introduces exceptional measures for coronavirus prevention 17 March 2020, 19:00
- Leader of Pentecostals considers coronavirus a sign of coming Apocalypse 17 March 2020, 14:46
- Moscow's stance on Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem deals with reinstatement of Russia's property rights - Russian Embassy in Israel 17 March 2020, 11:12
- Rectors of Moscow churches will help elderly parishioners to buy and deliver food to their homes 17 March 2020, 11:08
- Russian Orthodox Church won't abolish liturgies even if coronavirus spreads 17 March 2020, 11:05
- Russian Church urges not to panic because of coronavirus 17 March 2020, 11:03
- Moldova closes churches 13 March 2020, 19:56
- Russian Jews reject idea that coronavirus sign of world ending 13 March 2020, 16:22