17 July 2006, 16:30
Synod of the Moscow Patriarchate speaks up for the continuation of dialogue with Vatican
Moscow, July 17, Interfax - The Holy Synod of the Moscow Patriarchate spoke up for the continuation of dialogue with the Roman Catholic Church on the problems of common concern for Orthodox and Catholics.
The Holy Synod opened in the Laura of the Holy Trinity and St. Sergius on Monday named human rights and dignity and moral responsibility of the human person among the key issues for the dialogue.
These problems were also discussed at the meeting of the head of the Moscow Patriarchate Department for External Church Relations Metropolitan Kirill with the Pope of Rome Benedict XVI last May. They noted the closeness of views of both churches on these problems and their wish to continue common work over a document that would fully reflect the position of the Roman Catholic and Russian Orthodox Churches. A possible common position on the problem of bioethics was regarded as useful, and the combined efforts of the two Churches for protecting and affirming the institute of family and the value of human life were considered necessary.
The participants in the Holy Synod session expressed their satisfaction with the talks between Metropolitan Kirill and the head of Vatican.
The hierarchs of the Russian Church approved the results of the Orthodox-Catholic Conference 'Give a Soul to Europe. The Mission and Responsibility of the Churches' that took place in Vienna earlier in May discussing such topics as the challenges of globalization, influence of Christian ethics on politics, economics and the mass media, and dialogue of Churches with other religions and secular humanists.
- Presidents of Russia, Israel agree to continue departmental contacts regarding Jewish Agency for Israel 09 August 2022, 13:49
- Pope Francis holds lengthy meeting with head of Moscow Patriarchate's external relations dept 05 August 2022, 16:49
- 'Foreign ministers' of Russian Orthodox Church, Holy See meet in Vatican 04 August 2022, 16:44
- Zelensky tasks PM with considering legalization of same-sex marriages in Ukraine 03 August 2022, 14:38
- Pope to pay visit to Kazakhstan on Sept 13-15 01 August 2022, 13:55
- Kremlin refuses to comment on situation surrounding Jewish Agency for Israel 29 July 2022, 14:48
- Patriarch Kirill describes all Orthodox Ukrainians as children of Russian Orthodox Church 28 July 2022, 22:27
- Russian State Duma speaker says is certain bills banning propaganda of non-traditional values will be adopted 28 July 2022, 11:39
- Russian Church views Patriarch Kirill's ban on entry to Lithuania as abandoning European legal tradition 27 July 2022, 19:28
- Patriarch Kirill banned from entering Lithuania until 2027 27 July 2022, 18:15
- FJCR claims that they have not received notifications about the closure 27 July 2022, 14:25
- The return of Alexander Metochin to Russia outside the competence of the Jewish community – FJCR 27 July 2022, 14:18
- Israel ready for talks with Russia on Jewish Agency situation – PM 27 July 2022, 14:10
- Russian Church doubles the number of its clerics in Africa in seven months 27 July 2022, 11:33
- Situation surrounding Jewish Agency for Israel in Russia should not be politicized - Kremlin 26 July 2022, 17:27
- Russian court asked to declare Tajik Islamic Renaissance Party terrorist organization 25 July 2022, 18:13
- Person behind blast at Orthodox school in Russia's Serpukhov given 13-year term 25 July 2022, 15:47
- Blast rocks church in Syria at its inauguration ceremony 25 July 2022, 11:41
- Orthodox Church of Jerusalem urges West to stop attacks on Patriarch Kirill 22 July 2022, 21:40
- Intention to close down Jewish Agency for Israel in Russia linked not to 'brain drain', but to compliance with Russian laws - Kremlin 22 July 2022, 18:10
- The Federation of Jewish Communities concerned about plans to eliminate Sochnut in Russia 22 July 2022, 18:06
- Tajik president warns of danger of religious extremism ideology 21 July 2022, 17:28
- Russian Justice Ministry's Moscow branch seeks to shut down Jewish Agency for Israel 21 July 2022, 15:40
- Tretyakov Gallery dismisses as 'premature' talk about time of Rublev's Trinity return on permanent display 19 July 2022, 19:39
- Rublev's Trinity icon returned from Trinity Lavra to Tretyakov Gallery with no signs of deterioration 19 July 2022, 16:05
- Bill banning propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations submitted to State Duma 18 July 2022, 16:41
- Rublev's Trinity icon delivered to Trinity Lavra in special climate-controlled display case 18 July 2022, 10:07
- Rublev's Trinity icon delivered to Trinity Lavra for first time since 1917 Revolution 18 July 2022, 10:02
- Putin signs into law bill setting up state databank of extremist materials 14 July 2022, 16:52
- Kyrgyz special services claim to have prevented terrorist on Eid al-Adha in Bishkek 12 July 2022, 17:02