16 November 2006, 14:47
The Constantinople Patriarchate representatives concelebrated with the excommunicated Filaret Denisenko
Moscow, November 16, Interfax - The U.S. clergymen of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (UOC) of the Patriarchate of Constantinople concelebrated with the excommunicated leader of the Kievan Patriarchate Filaret Denisenko unrecognized in the Orthodox world.
With consent of metropolitan Konstantin Bagan and bishop Vsevolod Maidansky of the Patriarchate of Constantinople, Denisenko celebrated a requiem service for the soldiers of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army that fought on the Fascists’ side during the Great Patriotic War and also for the victims of ‘golodomor’ (starvation) of the 1932-33.
Filaret celebrated in St. Andrew’s church in Bluemandaily, USA, together with the clergymen of the UOC of the Patriarchate of Constantinople led by the rector Bogdan Kalinyuk, press service of the self-proclaimed Kievan Patriarchate reported.
In his address to the worshippers Filaret called the starvation in several regions of the USSR in the 1930s ‘a genocide against the Ukrainian nation.’ He conferred the Orders of St. Vladimir the Great upon archpriest Kalinyuk and members of his community.
During his visit to the USA the leader of the Kievan Patriarchate met with the head of the UOC of the Constantinople Patriarchate Metropolitan Konstantin in his residence where a dinner was given in Filaret’s honour.
- Minsk administration bans public events organized by sexual minorities 11 December 2013, 10:05
- Russia arrests presumed Hizb ut-Tahrir envoy 11 December 2013, 10:02
- Believers have right to influence public processes, state - Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin 11 December 2013, 10:00
- Russia to oppose inclusion of sections on sexual orientation in intl documents 10 December 2013, 10:02
- Amnesty could apply to Pussy Riot members - newspaper 10 December 2013, 10:01
- Elton John performs in Moscow, protests homophobia 09 December 2013, 10:01
- It is unacceptable for constitution to give preference to any one faith - Russian premier 06 December 2013, 16:09
- Deputy Milonov proposes easing receipt of Russian citizenship for "spiritually insulted" Europeans 04 December 2013, 15:49
- Moscow, Antioch Patriarchates call for release of kidnapped Syrian nuns 04 December 2013, 15:47
- Catholic priest suspected of high treason released from Belarusian KGB cell pending trial - Apostolic Nunciature 04 December 2013, 14:23
- Russia wants terror attacks stopped against religious figures, worship sites in Syria 04 December 2013, 12:16
- Lawyer: Russian priest accused of pedophilia remains in Israel 04 December 2013, 10:10
- Russians still trust president, Church the most - poll 04 December 2013, 10:09
- Conflicts on former Soviet soil should be settled peacefully - Russian Church 03 December 2013, 15:28
- Muslim organization leader appointed head of new Kazakh movement 03 December 2013, 14:39
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin calls for fight against destructive sects 02 December 2013, 17:43
- Reward pledged in Tatarstan for info on church arsonists 02 December 2013, 17:24
- Orthodox Christians to hold sacred procession in Kiev 02 December 2013, 13:51
- Religious organization in Taganrog illegally treated drug-dependent people 02 December 2013, 10:18
- The Bible will be translated into modern Russian language 02 December 2013, 10:17
- Head of Ukrainian Orthodox Church condemn Maidan dispersal 02 December 2013, 10:11
- FEMEN activist strips near Kiev Laura of the Caves against dictatorship 02 December 2013, 10:09
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin advises Orthodox countries not to adopt Western democracy models 29 November 2013, 10:05
- Minaret built in Georgian village at night 29 November 2013, 10:03
- Hizb ut-Tahrir recruiter detained in Kyrgyzstan 28 November 2013, 12:03
- Too early to discuss time, place of meeting of Patriarch Kirill, Pope Francis - Russian Church 28 November 2013, 10:13
- Patriarch Kirill expressed concerns about exodus by Christians from Iraq 27 November 2013, 14:29
- 15 At Takfir Wal-Hijra members detained in Moscow - Interior Ministry 27 November 2013, 10:24
- Putin: Russia, Vatican have similar positions on many issues 27 November 2013, 10:22
- Russian Church calls for broad debate of idea for special role of Orthodox faith in Constitution 27 November 2013, 10:01