16 November 2006, 14:47
The Constantinople Patriarchate representatives concelebrated with the excommunicated Filaret Denisenko
Moscow, November 16, Interfax - The U.S. clergymen of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (UOC) of the Patriarchate of Constantinople concelebrated with the excommunicated leader of the Kievan Patriarchate Filaret Denisenko unrecognized in the Orthodox world.
With consent of metropolitan Konstantin Bagan and bishop Vsevolod Maidansky of the Patriarchate of Constantinople, Denisenko celebrated a requiem service for the soldiers of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army that fought on the Fascists’ side during the Great Patriotic War and also for the victims of ‘golodomor’ (starvation) of the 1932-33.
Filaret celebrated in St. Andrew’s church in Bluemandaily, USA, together with the clergymen of the UOC of the Patriarchate of Constantinople led by the rector Bogdan Kalinyuk, press service of the self-proclaimed Kievan Patriarchate reported.
In his address to the worshippers Filaret called the starvation in several regions of the USSR in the 1930s ‘a genocide against the Ukrainian nation.’ He conferred the Orders of St. Vladimir the Great upon archpriest Kalinyuk and members of his community.
During his visit to the USA the leader of the Kievan Patriarchate met with the head of the UOC of the Constantinople Patriarchate Metropolitan Konstantin in his residence where a dinner was given in Filaret’s honour.
- Former Moscow Patriarchate employee charged with treason to remain in custody until October 31 July 2015, 17:44
- Russia's Muslims expect Islamic world leaders at cathedral mosque opening ceremony in Moscow 31 July 2015, 10:02
- IS militants could include tens of thousands of Europeans - EU official 31 July 2015, 10:01
- Patriarch Kirill calls murders of priest and nun in Kiev outrageous 30 July 2015, 10:04
- Nun of Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the Moscow Patriarchate murdered in Kiev 29 July 2015, 18:01
- Islamic State recruits people worldwide – Bortnikov 29 July 2015, 11:46
- FSB director calls for discreditation of Islamists' leaders 29 July 2015, 11:10
- Priest attacked in Kiev dies 29 July 2015, 10:44
- Poroshenko promises no state interference in forming united local Ukrainian Orthodox Church 29 July 2015, 10:02
- Ex-leader of Bashkir national movement jailed for three years for religious extremism 28 July 2015, 12:16
- Russia to continue Donbass peace efforts in response to Patriarch Kirill's message - the Kremlin 28 July 2015, 12:14
- Kremlin to host presidential reception in honor of Baptizer of Russia 28 July 2015, 11:39
- Patriarch Kirill launches anti-war appeal to Putin, Poroshenko on eve of Russia Christianization Day (updated) 27 July 2015, 18:16
- Kiev priest attack must not remain unpunished - Moscow Patriarchate 27 July 2015, 17:25
- Chelyabinsk Islamist gets 5-year sentence 27 July 2015, 17:02
- Wahabi from Dagestan detained with ammo, heroin on bus to Moscow 27 July 2015, 16:59
- Moscow Patriarchate priest badly wounded in Kiev 27 July 2015, 11:48
- Jews with synagogues on wheels to visit over 70 cities of Russia 27 July 2015, 10:34
- Arkhangelsk authorities ban LGBT event on Airborne Troops Day 27 July 2015, 10:11
- Georgian Patriarch successfully operated on in Germany 27 July 2015, 10:00
- Chapel or memorial sign to appear in place of collapsed barracks in Omsk 24 July 2015, 12:45
- Kyrgyz PM proposes to build special prison for religious extremists 24 July 2015, 11:42
- Russian Orthodox Church urges authorities against leaving people without ideological "wheel and sails" 23 July 2015, 15:40
- Valaam abbot gives up Internet, suggests restricting use of smartphones in monasteries 23 July 2015, 10:01
- No way back to Chechnya for those joining Islamic State – Kadyrov 22 July 2015, 12:23
- Tajik former election committee member from Islamic party jailed for illegal arms possession 21 July 2015, 14:35
- State Duma deputy asks Russian foreign minister to initiate international tribunal for ISIL 21 July 2015, 11:20
- At least 500 Tajiks fighting alongside IS - Interior Ministry 21 July 2015, 10:01
- Ukrainian miners build a church at the depth of 800 meters 20 July 2015, 16:53
- Patriarch Kirill urges Ukraine not to politicize the term 'Russian world' 20 July 2015, 13:35