16 November 2006, 14:47
The Constantinople Patriarchate representatives concelebrated with the excommunicated Filaret Denisenko
Moscow, November 16, Interfax - The U.S. clergymen of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (UOC) of the Patriarchate of Constantinople concelebrated with the excommunicated leader of the Kievan Patriarchate Filaret Denisenko unrecognized in the Orthodox world.
With consent of metropolitan Konstantin Bagan and bishop Vsevolod Maidansky of the Patriarchate of Constantinople, Denisenko celebrated a requiem service for the soldiers of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army that fought on the Fascists’ side during the Great Patriotic War and also for the victims of ‘golodomor’ (starvation) of the 1932-33.
Filaret celebrated in St. Andrew’s church in Bluemandaily, USA, together with the clergymen of the UOC of the Patriarchate of Constantinople led by the rector Bogdan Kalinyuk, press service of the self-proclaimed Kievan Patriarchate reported.
In his address to the worshippers Filaret called the starvation in several regions of the USSR in the 1930s ‘a genocide against the Ukrainian nation.’ He conferred the Orders of St. Vladimir the Great upon archpriest Kalinyuk and members of his community.
During his visit to the USA the leader of the Kievan Patriarchate met with the head of the UOC of the Constantinople Patriarchate Metropolitan Konstantin in his residence where a dinner was given in Filaret’s honour.
- Lavrov meets with Orthodox monastery abbess in Guatemala 27 March 2015, 10:46
- Pilot Savchenko’s files contain information about torturing a priest 26 March 2015, 19:25
- Kolomoisky's resignation is the sign of Ukraine's growing dependence on the West, Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin believes 26 March 2015, 18:26
- Russians trained by ISIL may be used against home country 26 March 2015, 15:08
- Kyrgyzstan outlaws Islamic State 25 March 2015, 15:36
- Chechen leader, Jordanian king discuss fight against IS 25 March 2015, 10:00
- Moscow Patriarchate priest assaulted in west Ukraine 24 March 2015, 10:00
- Ukrainians trust Church the most - poll 23 March 2015, 17:22
- Over 5,000 mercenaries from CIS fight on ISIS side - expert 23 March 2015, 16:15
- Schoolchildren from Turkey, Italy, Egypt to discuss fight against religious extremism in St. Petersburg 23 March 2015, 12:57
- Uzbekistan worried about ISIL activity near its borders 23 March 2015, 12:19
- Patriarch Kirill awards Lavrov 23 March 2015, 11:28
- Chubais doubts Nemtsov murder motivated by religious hatred 23 March 2015, 10:15
- IS recruiters targeting North Caucasus students - envoy Melikov 23 March 2015, 10:00
- Russian Orthodox Church concerned about legalization of same-sex "marriage", abortion issue, and secularism in Europe 20 March 2015, 17:35
- The Russian Church conveys twenty five tones of humanitarian help to Donbass residents 20 March 2015, 14:41
- Another Moscow Patriarchate church seized in Ukraine 20 March 2015, 10:00
- Leader of women's wing of Hizb ut-Tahrir detained, arms cache discovered in south Kyrgyzstan 19 March 2015, 10:02
- Head of the Russian State Archive suggests to exhume remains of the tzar family to examine them again 18 March 2015, 16:28
- Russian Central Muslim Board urges artists to be more delicate about believers' feelings 16 March 2015, 14:57
- Russia is urged to revive Christianity in Europe - Patriarch Kirill 16 March 2015, 14:21
- Fire in Novodevichy Convent bell tower did not damage building 16 March 2015, 13:42
- Tannhauser opera staged in Novosibirsk desecrates Christian symbols - Mufti of Moscow 13 March 2015, 18:44
- Patriarch Kirill tried the role of a schoolboy at the Moscow Region Gymnasium 13 March 2015, 17:14
- Fire in bell tower of Nizhny Novgorod cathedral extinguished 12 March 2015, 17:42
- Church to help mortgage debtors settle their problems and asks authorities not to leave them in the lurch 12 March 2015, 16:53
- Russia to import halal meat to Arab countries 12 March 2015, 13:25
- Alexander Nevsky Cathedral burning in Nizhny Novgorod 12 March 2015, 12:54
- Famous Uzbek Islamic theologian dies in gym 12 March 2015, 10:26
- Court drops case against Novosibirsk opera theater director 12 March 2015, 10:07