17 November 2006, 17:26
Papal Nuncio to the Russia underscores the necessity of dialogue with the Orthodox
Saratov, November 17, Interfax - The Vatican representative to Russia archbishop Antonio Mennini once more spoke of the importance of Orthodox-Catholic dialogue.
‘The ecumenical activity is not just a choice made by certain clergymen, but the fulfillment of Christ’s will to unity among Christians,’ he said at the 27th plenary session of the Conference of Catholic Bishops of Russia that completed its work in Saratov on Friday.
The Conference’s general secretary Rev. Igor Kovalevsky told Interfax that the participants had paid particular attention to interconfessional and interreligious dialogue.
They also discussed the work of Catholic structures in Russia and that of the ‘Mary - Queen of the Apostles’ theological seminary in St. Petersburg. The bishops approved of the training of future priests in the seminary.
The participants in the session resolved to declare 10 December 2006, the day on which the Catholic Church celebrates the second Sunday in Advent, the Day of Prayer for the benefactors of the Church.
Attending the session were the Conference’s President bishop Joseph Wert, the ordinary of the diocese of Transfiguration in Novosibirsk; archbishop Tadeusz Kondrusiewicz, the ordinary of the archdiocese of the Mother of God in Moscow; bishop Clemens Pikkel, the ordinary of the diocese of St. Clement in Saratov and the first secretary of the Vatican representation to the Russia monsignor Ante Josiz.
- Patriarch Kirill calls on believers to refrain from visiting churches amid coronavirus pandemic 29 March 2020, 20:09
- Opera singer Svetlana Kasyan hospitalized with coronavirus 28 March 2020, 18:10
- Patriarch Kirill prays for the end of pandemic 28 March 2020, 17:58
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia will give Pesach food sets to all parishioners 28 March 2020, 17:55
- Case of leader of Aum Shinrikyo group in Russia sent to prosecutor 26 March 2020, 19:27
- Belarusian Orthodox Church doesn't plan to cancel Easter processions 26 March 2020, 16:25
- Russian Orthodox Church shows understanding of Sobyanin's advice not to attend service but says churches will stay open 26 March 2020, 15:08
- Sobyanin asks Muscovites not to visit religious sites 26 March 2020, 10:49
- Ukrainian monasteries will assign premises for Covid-19 patients 25 March 2020, 19:24
- FJCR closes all its synagogues in Russia 25 March 2020, 15:49
- Monastery south of Moscow thrown away dozens of dogs, police was told they miraculously flew away 24 March 2020, 17:40
- Lukashenko on coronavirus: If we get through until Orthodox Easter, we'll live 24 March 2020, 14:40
- Kyrgyz missionary contracts Covid-19 in Pakistan - Kyrgyz Foreign Ministry 23 March 2020, 14:40
- Georgian churches to let in max. 10 people in state of emergency - premier 23 March 2020, 12:29
- Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia's council postponed due to coronavirus 20 March 2020, 19:52
- Rabbi beaten to death in Dagestan 20 March 2020, 19:12
- Friday prayers cancelled in Moscow's mosques 20 March 2020, 13:33
- Tajikistan lifts ban on joint prayers in mosques 19 March 2020, 19:02
- Russian Orthodox Church does not exclude usage of plastic spoons for Communion 18 March 2020, 16:43
- Chief rabbi of Russia closes his synagogue 18 March 2020, 14:12
- Russian Synod orders increased sanitary measures at all dioceses with coronavirus 18 March 2020, 10:40
- Cathedral of Christ the Savior receives bomb threat on Tue 18 March 2020, 10:38
- Russian Church introduces exceptional measures for coronavirus prevention 17 March 2020, 19:00
- Leader of Pentecostals considers coronavirus a sign of coming Apocalypse 17 March 2020, 14:46
- Moscow's stance on Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem deals with reinstatement of Russia's property rights - Russian Embassy in Israel 17 March 2020, 11:12
- Rectors of Moscow churches will help elderly parishioners to buy and deliver food to their homes 17 March 2020, 11:08
- Russian Orthodox Church won't abolish liturgies even if coronavirus spreads 17 March 2020, 11:05
- Russian Church urges not to panic because of coronavirus 17 March 2020, 11:03
- Moldova closes churches 13 March 2020, 19:56
- Russian Jews reject idea that coronavirus sign of world ending 13 March 2020, 16:22