04 December 2006, 10:36
Russian Church hopes for Christian dialogue resulting form Pope's visit to Turkey
Moscow, December 4, Interfax - The Moscow Patriarchate has stressed the importance of the visit of Pope Benedict XVI to Turkey and voiced hope that it will promote a true dialogue between Orthodox and Catholic Christians.
"The visit of the Pope to Turkey that ended on Friday is indisputably important for the mutual understanding of Christians and Muslims, for the development of Turkey's relations with Western Europe, for the Orthodox-Catholic dialogue," deputy head of the Moscow Patriarchate department for external church relations Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin told Interfax.
He said that despite the tough actions of radicals the majority of Turkish Muslims and their spiritual leaders viewed the visit favorably.
Father Vsevolod also spoke of the importance of the meeting of the Pope and the head of the Ecumenical Patriarchate, "one of the few but one of the most famous and historically important Orthodox Churches."
Speaking of the joint declaration of Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew, Pope Benedict XVI he said the document contains "many correct thoughts about the development of the dialogue and cooperation between Orthodox and Catholic Christians."
"I hope they will be specified in the process of relations between the Roman Catholic Church with each of the local Orthodox Churches," he said.
- Opera singer Svetlana Kasyan hospitalized with coronavirus 28 March 2020, 18:10
- Patriarch Kirill prays for the end of pandemic 28 March 2020, 17:58
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia will give Pesach food sets to all parishioners 28 March 2020, 17:55
- Case of leader of Aum Shinrikyo group in Russia sent to prosecutor 26 March 2020, 19:27
- Belarusian Orthodox Church doesn't plan to cancel Easter processions 26 March 2020, 16:25
- Russian Orthodox Church shows understanding of Sobyanin's advice not to attend service but says churches will stay open 26 March 2020, 15:08
- Sobyanin asks Muscovites not to visit religious sites 26 March 2020, 10:49
- Ukrainian monasteries will assign premises for Covid-19 patients 25 March 2020, 19:24
- FJCR closes all its synagogues in Russia 25 March 2020, 15:49
- Monastery south of Moscow thrown away dozens of dogs, police was told they miraculously flew away 24 March 2020, 17:40
- Lukashenko on coronavirus: If we get through until Orthodox Easter, we'll live 24 March 2020, 14:40
- Kyrgyz missionary contracts Covid-19 in Pakistan - Kyrgyz Foreign Ministry 23 March 2020, 14:40
- Georgian churches to let in max. 10 people in state of emergency - premier 23 March 2020, 12:29
- Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia's council postponed due to coronavirus 20 March 2020, 19:52
- Rabbi beaten to death in Dagestan 20 March 2020, 19:12
- Friday prayers cancelled in Moscow's mosques 20 March 2020, 13:33
- Tajikistan lifts ban on joint prayers in mosques 19 March 2020, 19:02
- Russian Orthodox Church does not exclude usage of plastic spoons for Communion 18 March 2020, 16:43
- Chief rabbi of Russia closes his synagogue 18 March 2020, 14:12
- Russian Synod orders increased sanitary measures at all dioceses with coronavirus 18 March 2020, 10:40
- Cathedral of Christ the Savior receives bomb threat on Tue 18 March 2020, 10:38
- Russian Church introduces exceptional measures for coronavirus prevention 17 March 2020, 19:00
- Leader of Pentecostals considers coronavirus a sign of coming Apocalypse 17 March 2020, 14:46
- Moscow's stance on Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem deals with reinstatement of Russia's property rights - Russian Embassy in Israel 17 March 2020, 11:12
- Rectors of Moscow churches will help elderly parishioners to buy and deliver food to their homes 17 March 2020, 11:08
- Russian Orthodox Church won't abolish liturgies even if coronavirus spreads 17 March 2020, 11:05
- Russian Church urges not to panic because of coronavirus 17 March 2020, 11:03
- Moldova closes churches 13 March 2020, 19:56
- Russian Jews reject idea that coronavirus sign of world ending 13 March 2020, 16:22
- Russian Orthodox Church denies coronavirus impact on Patriarch Kirill's foreign travel schedule 13 March 2020, 14:42