05 December 2006, 13:21
Alexy II calls on Vatican to stop unfriendly policy toward canonical Church
Moscow, December 5, Interfax - Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Alexy II has called on the Vatican to stop its unfriendly actions toward the canonical Church in Russia, Ukraine and other CIS member-countries.
"The catholic mission continues among people baptized Orthodox Christians in Russia and other CIS member-nations. So does the exceedingly unfriendly policy by the administration of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church toward the canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church," Alexy II said at a meeting with the Moscow clergy at the Christ the Savior Cathedral.
The patriarch said he hopes that the Vatican will take concrete steps to improve the situation.
"Without it, our meetings with representatives of the Roman Catholic Church will be just formal events, which will not help relieve the pain of people who suffer from non-fraternal actions," he said.
The World Religious Summit was held in Moscow ahead of the G8 Summit in St. Petersburg this summer. Representatives of various religions have common positions on issues of morality and assessments of social processes, Alexy II said.
Cooperation between clergymen will help "bring the expansion of pseudo-religious movements to an end," the patriarch said.
- Russian Cossacks will help Syrians preserve their Christian heritage 24 May 2017, 18:18
- Patriarch Kirill to visit Kyrgyzstan 24 May 2017, 17:08
- Patriarch Kirill will consecrate a cathedral built to the 100th anniversary of the revolution 24 May 2017, 15:12
- The Federation of Jewish Community of Russia criticizes Ukrainian political circles for heroizing Nazi symbols 24 May 2017, 12:19
- Patriarch Kirill sends early icon of Saint Nicholas to Pope Francis 23 May 2017, 15:19
- Investigators verifying media reports on possible harassment of LGBT community in Chechnya – ombudsman 23 May 2017, 13:15
- Religious believers disrupt gay march in Chisinau 22 May 2017, 11:53
- Patriarch Kirill believes Christians of different confessions will unite in one Church again 22 May 2017, 11:08
- Patriarch Kirill calls St. Nicholas the Wonderworker saint number one for Russia 22 May 2017, 11:03
- Thousands believers met St. Nicholas relics in the Cathedral pf Christ the Savior 22 May 2017, 10:44
- St. Nicholas' relics delivered to Moscow 21 May 2017, 17:08
- Head of Belarusian Orthodox Church addresses Poroshenko regarding 'anti-Orthodox' laws 19 May 2017, 19:00
- Georgian priest accused of attempted murder refuses to attend his trial behind closed doors 19 May 2017, 17:18
- Ukrainian Foreign Ministry denies that ambassador summoned to Vatican regarding church bills 19 May 2017, 16:06
- Ukrainian ambassador summoned to Vatican regarding Rada's intention to pass bills on status of church organizations 19 May 2017, 14:49
- Patriarch Kirill asks not to give him flowers on his name day, but to fundraise for suffering Syrian people 18 May 2017, 18:38
- Metropolitan of Kiev and All Ukraine thanks participants in prayer at Verkhovnaya Rada building 18 May 2017, 18:37
- Kremlin says disrespect for interests of Russian Orthodox Church in Ukraine unacceptable 18 May 2017, 17:18
- Moldovan president objects to LGBT march in Chisinau 18 May 2017, 16:27
- Blocking of Russian online media in Ukraine, attacks on Church suggest that Kiev is under influence of radicals – Lavrov 18 May 2017, 16:25
- Ukrainian parliament not to hear church bills on Thursday - Poroshenko Bloc 18 May 2017, 12:22
- Priests, flock of Ukrainian Orthodox Church rally in front of Ukrainian parliament against bill on 'special status' of their church 18 May 2017, 12:17
- World Council of Churches head calls on Poroshenko to withdraw bills "detrimental" to Ukrainian Orthodox Church 18 May 2017, 12:04
- Russia - Islamic World group seeking consultative status with UN 18 May 2017, 10:33
- Cathedrals of the Chudov Monastery won't be restored in Kremlin 17 May 2017, 18:41
- Patriarch Kirill calls for prevention of adoption in Ukraine of laws aimed against Ukrainian Orthodox Church 17 May 2017, 18:22
- Putin pledges Russia's support to Islamic world in war on terrorism, settlement of regional crises 17 May 2017, 11:12
- LGBT organizations' ICC lawsuit attempt to pressure Kadyrov - source close to Chechen govt 17 May 2017, 10:26
- Moscow court orders expulsion from Russia of rabbi with no work permit 17 May 2017, 10:24
- Ombudsman submits Novaya Gazeta's info on persecution of gays in Chechnya to Investigative Committee 16 May 2017, 18:52