05 December 2006, 13:21
Alexy II calls on Vatican to stop unfriendly policy toward canonical Church
Moscow, December 5, Interfax - Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Alexy II has called on the Vatican to stop its unfriendly actions toward the canonical Church in Russia, Ukraine and other CIS member-countries.
"The catholic mission continues among people baptized Orthodox Christians in Russia and other CIS member-nations. So does the exceedingly unfriendly policy by the administration of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church toward the canonical Ukrainian Orthodox Church," Alexy II said at a meeting with the Moscow clergy at the Christ the Savior Cathedral.
The patriarch said he hopes that the Vatican will take concrete steps to improve the situation.
"Without it, our meetings with representatives of the Roman Catholic Church will be just formal events, which will not help relieve the pain of people who suffer from non-fraternal actions," he said.
The World Religious Summit was held in Moscow ahead of the G8 Summit in St. Petersburg this summer. Representatives of various religions have common positions on issues of morality and assessments of social processes, Alexy II said.
Cooperation between clergymen will help "bring the expansion of pseudo-religious movements to an end," the patriarch said.
- Demining experts defuse bomb found in Ingushetia mosque 30 August 2016, 13:56
- Russian Church and Vatican open summer institute for foreign Catholics in Moscow 30 August 2016, 13:41
- New Russian education and science minister calls her main priority upbringing of a moral personality 30 August 2016, 13:13
- Two recruiters of Muslims into Syrian militants convicted in Rostov-on-Don 30 August 2016, 11:45
- Russian spiritual and cultural center in Paris will start working in October 29 August 2016, 18:09
- Investigation into case of student Karaulova accused of trying to join ISIL completed 29 August 2016, 16:14
- Ukrainian priest sets up a world record at international powerlifting championship 29 August 2016, 13:06
- Hollande promises Patriarch Kirill not to give up in the face of terror 29 August 2016, 12:41
- Orthodox believers held a motocross around Moscow with Icon of St. George 29 August 2016, 12:08
- Lawyers appeal Imam Velitov's house arrest 29 August 2016, 10:09
- Mormons mull legal challenge to U.S. volunteers' expulsion from Samara 29 August 2016, 10:00
- Russian Jews will help project synagogues and opening Jewish museums in Europe 26 August 2016, 18:04
- Humanitarian aid to Christians of Homs delivered with Russia's assistance 26 August 2016, 17:00
- Islamist from Russia caught in Bishkek with large quantities of extremist books, ammunition 26 August 2016, 10:47
- Churkin calls Kosovo 'gray zone' in center of Europe used by radical Islamists 26 August 2016, 10:31
- Europe's rabbis at Moscow congress stunned by absence of anti-Semitism in Russia 26 August 2016, 10:14
- Imam Velitov placed under house arrest in justification of terrorism inquiry 26 August 2016, 10:13
- Clergy do not decide to give judgment to preaching by imam Velitov charged with extremism 26 August 2016, 10:12
- Passenger not allowed to flight from Moscow with a liter of holy water 25 August 2016, 18:21
- Lawyer for Islamic party designated as extremist in Tajikistan accused of disclosing state secret 25 August 2016, 18:18
- Azeri authorities call for fight against supporters of preacher Gulen in country 25 August 2016, 16:20
- Samara court orders expulsion of six American Mormons who didn't register with migration authorities 25 August 2016, 15:35
- Gulen-supporting prorector fired from Azeri university 25 August 2016, 12:30
- Cupolas installed on Russian church in Paris 25 August 2016, 12:07
- Immoral actions reduced in Russian Army thanks to cooperation with the Church - Defense Minister 25 August 2016, 11:57
- Russian servicemen built a church of Karelian pine at Khmeimim airbase in Syria 25 August 2016, 10:50
- Barring of Russian Paralympians from Olympics crime against morals - Russian Orthodox Church 24 August 2016, 15:55
- Patriarch Kirill congratulates Poroshenko on Independence Day, hopes for development of church-state interaction 24 August 2016, 12:33
- Syrian Christian leader asks Russia to help with release of captured metropolitans 24 August 2016, 11:00
- Patriarch Kirill addresses Erdogan the words of support in connection with a terrorist act in Turkey 23 August 2016, 17:50