18 December 2006, 12:56
Apparition of a bride killed over half a century ago at her own wedding registered on video-film in Novorossijsk
Moscow, December 18, Interfax - People in Novorossijsk maintain the ghost of the dead girl is wandering around the Seven Winds Pass at the entry to the city.
Lingering mushroomers, drivers and retreat-seeking couples have often confided they saw a woman in white standing at the side of the road leading to the mountains. Recently a local woman has managed to photograph this ghost by her mobile, the Komsomolskaya Pravda daily writes on Monday.
‘My friends and I were driving back home late at night. Out of boredom I was shooting the empty road by my mobile. Suddenly we saw a woman all in white standing at the roadside. She was somewhat semi-transparent. I froze but continued shooting by inertia’, Anna Lapina, 17, recounts.
She said it turned out later that all those in the car saw the ghost.
Old residents maintain the ghost is that of the daughter of a former high-ranking functionary. They remember the tragedy that broke out in the 1950s during her wedding. An admirer rejected by the girl came to the restaurant at the height of the merriment and knifed the bride before the eyes of the guests and the bridegroom.
All kinds of accidents began to happen after the tragedy in that district. Drivers had accidents time and again. Soon the restaurant was closed because the rumor of that ‘black’ place scared customers off. Very soon all the relatives of the girl died and the bridegroom committed suicide.
Igor Vinokurov, cochairman of the international Ecology and Bio-Energy Informatics Committee’s commission for examination of mysterious phenomena, has reported that his commission has long been engaged in restringing and monitoring ghosts.
He says phantomologists around the world divide ghosts into four basic categories and the phantom of the Novorossijsk bride falls into the fourth category of the ‘collectively perceived’ ghosts. This category includes cases where the same apparition is seen by several persons independently of each other at the same time and the same place.
- Epiphany bathing held at the pole of cold in Yakutia at 63 degrees below zero 19 January 2018, 16:34
- Putin's Epiphany dip shown in media because it took place in public with many believers present - Peskov 19 January 2018, 16:13
- Putin takes part in Orthodox Epiphany bathing in Tver Region monastery 19 January 2018, 11:38
- Russian Orthodox priests to consecrate all oceans on Epiphany eve 18 January 2018, 15:58
- Continued attacks on churches of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church 17 January 2018, 16:42
- Priest Grozovsky to appeal 14-year pedophilia sentence 17 January 2018, 10:32
- Priest Grozovsky gets 14 years in high-security prison for pedophilia 17 January 2018, 10:12
- Directorate of Muslims of Uzbekistan disagrees with U.S. State Dept analysis of religious freedom in republic 15 January 2018, 16:24
- Putin's comparison of Lenin Mausoleum to veneration of holy relics not sensational - Peskov 15 January 2018, 14:08
- Putin defines New Valaam Monastery relics saved by Finland as unifying force 15 January 2018, 10:44
- Putin's words about similarity of Communism, Christianity smooth things over Lenin Mausoleum - CPRF 15 January 2018, 10:43
- Communist ideology similar to Christianity - Putin 15 January 2018, 10:00
- Russians have become more intolerant to treachery, abortions and homosexual connections for twenty years - poll 11 January 2018, 17:56
- Brother of leader of Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan calls on extremists to 'open their eyes' 11 January 2018, 17:39
- Orthodox children in Syrian Latakia received Christmas gifts from Moscow parish 09 January 2018, 18:41
- St. Petersburg among Russia's top three most popular places to spend Orthodox Christmas 09 January 2018, 14:36
- Patriarch Kirill concerned by social disintegration 07 January 2018, 16:57
- Church not going to hinder expert work on "Yekaterinburg remains" - Patriarch Kirill 07 January 2018, 16:56
- Putin offers Christmas greetings to Orthodox Christians 07 January 2018, 11:18
- Russia can have twice as many churches in 30 years - Metropolitan Hilarion 26 December 2017, 18:26
- Not less than 120 churches in Syria need to be restored - Metropolitan Hilarion 26 December 2017, 18:02
- Priestly ordination gives Feodor Konyukhov special power, his wife believes 25 December 2017, 16:31
- No one needs conflict in Donbass, it weakens all those involved - Patriarch Kirill 25 December 2017, 13:06
- All conditions of prisoner exchange in Donbass approved - Patriarch Kirill 25 December 2017, 11:43
- All ethnic and religious groups, parties and armed groups invited to Syrian National Dialogue Congress - Shoigu 22 December 2017, 17:40
- Scharansky is impressed by positive changes in life of Russian Jews 22 December 2017, 10:51
- Vucic invites Putin to Belgrade for 800th anniversary of autocephaly of Serbian Orthodox Church 20 December 2017, 10:43
- Governors should be evaluated for their affairs, not longevity of their rule, Metropolitan Hilarion believes 18 December 2017, 20:39
- Metropolitan Hilarion calls provocation Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel capital 18 December 2017, 16:01
- Not only Jews should participate in visits to Auschwitz, president of the Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia believes 18 December 2017, 14:52