18 December 2006, 12:56
Apparition of a bride killed over half a century ago at her own wedding registered on video-film in Novorossijsk
Moscow, December 18, Interfax - People in Novorossijsk maintain the ghost of the dead girl is wandering around the Seven Winds Pass at the entry to the city.
Lingering mushroomers, drivers and retreat-seeking couples have often confided they saw a woman in white standing at the side of the road leading to the mountains. Recently a local woman has managed to photograph this ghost by her mobile, the Komsomolskaya Pravda daily writes on Monday.
‘My friends and I were driving back home late at night. Out of boredom I was shooting the empty road by my mobile. Suddenly we saw a woman all in white standing at the roadside. She was somewhat semi-transparent. I froze but continued shooting by inertia’, Anna Lapina, 17, recounts.
She said it turned out later that all those in the car saw the ghost.
Old residents maintain the ghost is that of the daughter of a former high-ranking functionary. They remember the tragedy that broke out in the 1950s during her wedding. An admirer rejected by the girl came to the restaurant at the height of the merriment and knifed the bride before the eyes of the guests and the bridegroom.
All kinds of accidents began to happen after the tragedy in that district. Drivers had accidents time and again. Soon the restaurant was closed because the rumor of that ‘black’ place scared customers off. Very soon all the relatives of the girl died and the bridegroom committed suicide.
Igor Vinokurov, cochairman of the international Ecology and Bio-Energy Informatics Committee’s commission for examination of mysterious phenomena, has reported that his commission has long been engaged in restringing and monitoring ghosts.
He says phantomologists around the world divide ghosts into four basic categories and the phantom of the Novorossijsk bride falls into the fourth category of the ‘collectively perceived’ ghosts. This category includes cases where the same apparition is seen by several persons independently of each other at the same time and the same place.
- The Museum of Ball opened in Sochi is decorated with frescoes painted by church artists 20 June 2018, 17:39
- Patriarch Kirill pays attention of UN Secretary-General to harmful for humanity consequences of giving up traditional morals 20 June 2018, 17:10
- Patriarch Kirill urges UN Secretary-General to help Middle Eastern Christians return home 20 June 2018, 16:51
- Polygamy banned in Turkmenistan 19 June 2018, 17:01
- Foundation stone to the Church of Holy Doctor the Passion-Bearer Eugeny Botkin laid in the Urals 19 June 2018, 13:33
- Helicopter with the Icon of the Mother of God flew over all WC-2018 objects in Saransk 19 June 2018, 13:06
- A church was built in native village of the first female cosmonaut to mark the 55th anniversary of her flight 18 June 2018, 12:46
- Church and Russian Health Ministry to chair the program of helping Syrian children 18 June 2018, 12:29
- Several thousand people participated in parade organized by LGBT activists in downtown Kiev 18 June 2018, 10:53
- The Ukrainian church schism legalization to cut into parts body of global Orthodoxy - Metropolitan Hilarion 18 June 2018, 10:34
- Moscow Patriarchate surprised by Patriarch Bartholomew's words that people of Ukraine are outside canonical Church 18 June 2018, 10:26
- Best player of Russia - Saudi Arabia match thanked God for the victory 15 June 2018, 17:01
- Football World Cup can close up people, mufti Tajuddin believes 15 June 2018, 15:00
- The holy relics of St. Seraphim of Sarov are brought to Oxford 15 June 2018, 10:27
- Putin lauds Russian Muslim communities' role in maintaining interethnic, interfaith peace 15 June 2018, 10:02
- Rahmon calls on Tajik people to display political vigilance, have modest feasts on Eid al-Fitr 14 June 2018, 15:04
- Russia's synagogues are ready to meet 10,000 Jewish football fans 13 June 2018, 18:34
- Orthodox believers pray before the Hong Kong Icon of the Mother of God for the future of the Church in China 13 June 2018, 17:18
- Patriarch Kirill wishes success to Russian football team 13 June 2018, 16:11
- Nazarbayev invites pope to Astana for congress of religions 07 June 2018, 18:35
- Head of Byelorussian Ministry of Interior about LGBT: they won't go anywhere 07 June 2018, 16:54
- Russian priest stands for sobriety during Football World Cup 07 June 2018, 14:36
- Icons loaned to Lankton's museum in U.S. returned to Russia - Culture Ministry 06 June 2018, 18:07
- Russian Foreign Ministry condemns terror attack against Muslim clerics in Kabul 06 June 2018, 17:48
- Dodon stresses importance of Orthodoxy among Moldavia’s national priorities 06 June 2018, 14:43
- Investigators estimate price of icons, which weren't returned to Russia from U.S., at about 26 mln rubles 05 June 2018, 18:16
- Russian court arrests owner of U.S. museum of Russian icons in absentia, issues int'l arrest warrant 05 June 2018, 18:14
- Constantinople Patriarchate official to discuss Ukrainian Church's future in Georgia 05 June 2018, 18:10
- Football cup among homeless people to be held in Moscow on the eve of the World Cup 04 June 2018, 12:50
- Staging of Babchenko's death immoral deed - Metropolitan Hilarion 04 June 2018, 10:47