18 December 2006, 12:56
Apparition of a bride killed over half a century ago at her own wedding registered on video-film in Novorossijsk
Moscow, December 18, Interfax - People in Novorossijsk maintain the ghost of the dead girl is wandering around the Seven Winds Pass at the entry to the city.
Lingering mushroomers, drivers and retreat-seeking couples have often confided they saw a woman in white standing at the side of the road leading to the mountains. Recently a local woman has managed to photograph this ghost by her mobile, the Komsomolskaya Pravda daily writes on Monday.
‘My friends and I were driving back home late at night. Out of boredom I was shooting the empty road by my mobile. Suddenly we saw a woman all in white standing at the roadside. She was somewhat semi-transparent. I froze but continued shooting by inertia’, Anna Lapina, 17, recounts.
She said it turned out later that all those in the car saw the ghost.
Old residents maintain the ghost is that of the daughter of a former high-ranking functionary. They remember the tragedy that broke out in the 1950s during her wedding. An admirer rejected by the girl came to the restaurant at the height of the merriment and knifed the bride before the eyes of the guests and the bridegroom.
All kinds of accidents began to happen after the tragedy in that district. Drivers had accidents time and again. Soon the restaurant was closed because the rumor of that ‘black’ place scared customers off. Very soon all the relatives of the girl died and the bridegroom committed suicide.
Igor Vinokurov, cochairman of the international Ecology and Bio-Energy Informatics Committee’s commission for examination of mysterious phenomena, has reported that his commission has long been engaged in restringing and monitoring ghosts.
He says phantomologists around the world divide ghosts into four basic categories and the phantom of the Novorossijsk bride falls into the fourth category of the ‘collectively perceived’ ghosts. This category includes cases where the same apparition is seen by several persons independently of each other at the same time and the same place.
- Ukraine's Opposition Bloc demands Poroshenko declassify text of agreement with Bartholomew 18 December 2018, 12:14
- Ukrainian parliamentary speaker invites Patriarch Bartholomew to speak before Rada 17 December 2018, 19:11
- UOC Synod accuses Constantinople of deepening schism in Ukraine 17 December 2018, 19:09
- UOC Synod bans 2 of its metropolitans who attended unification assembly from religious service 17 December 2018, 19:05
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church declares itself true Сhurch in Ukraine 17 December 2018, 18:46
- Kremlin refrains from intervening in church affairs in Ukraine, sees politics behind schismatic activities - Peskov 17 December 2018, 18:39
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church says its bishop's call for participation in 'unifying assembly' fake news 15 December 2018, 20:27
- Election of leader of "single local church" in Ukraine means nothing - Russian Orthodox Church 15 December 2018, 20:11
- Poroshenko to travel with Metropolitan Epiphany to collect Constantinople's tomos in person 15 December 2018, 20:06
- Metropolitan Epiphany of "Kiev Patriarchate" elected as leader of "local Orthodox church" in Ukraine 15 December 2018, 18:39
- Russian Church satisfied that ECHR found Pussy Riot's 'punk prayer' unlawful 14 December 2018, 21:13
- Ukraine is Russian Church's canonical territory - Constantinople metropolitan 14 December 2018, 20:12
- Mogilev-Podolsky bishop delivered to Kiev by security service - Ukrainian Orthodox Church 14 December 2018, 20:08
- Russian Jewish leader outraged at declaration of year of Bandera in Ukraine's Lvov Region 14 December 2018, 17:26
- Ukrainian Church of Moscow Patriarchate praying for govt's non-interference in church affairs in front of Rada 14 December 2018, 14:20
- "Kiev Patriarchate" to nominate 2 candidates for head of Ukraine's unified church - source 14 December 2018, 13:03
- Patriarch Kirill urges political, religious leaders worldwide to defend Ukrainian Orthodox Church (updated) 14 December 2018, 11:21
- Over half of Ukrainian Orthodox archbishops return unification assembly invites to Bartholomew 13 December 2018, 18:56
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church protests over service performed by Constantinople rep in Kiev 13 December 2018, 18:55
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church's main proponent of independence from Moscow rejects version of autocephaly proposed by Constantinople 13 December 2018, 18:02
- Ukraine's Culture Ministry inspecting museum collections of Kiev-Pechersk, Pochayev monasteries 13 December 2018, 17:59
- SBU says found evidence of 'inciting interethnic strife' in searches, interrogations of Ukrainian Orthodox clergy 13 December 2018, 14:45
- Russian Orthodox Church urges U.S. to change approach toward assessing religious freedom 12 December 2018, 14:14
- "Kiev Patriarchate" head threatens to disrupt unification assembly 10 December 2018, 18:28
- SBU officials didn't let Donetsk metropolitan cross contact line 10 December 2018, 16:12
- Poroshenko asks Metropolitan Onufry to help have Ukrainian naval sailors freed 10 December 2018, 11:06
- "Unification gathering" in Ukraine has no legitimacy - Russian Orthodox Church 10 December 2018, 11:02
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church Synod says its episcopate, parishioners pressured, persecuted 07 December 2018, 21:52
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church Synod denies Bartholomew right to convene meeting in Ukraine, bans its clerics, laypeople from attending it 07 December 2018, 18:36
- Metropolitan Onufry returns to Istanbul invitation to unification assembly 07 December 2018, 17:19