18 December 2006, 12:56
Apparition of a bride killed over half a century ago at her own wedding registered on video-film in Novorossijsk
Moscow, December 18, Interfax - People in Novorossijsk maintain the ghost of the dead girl is wandering around the Seven Winds Pass at the entry to the city.
Lingering mushroomers, drivers and retreat-seeking couples have often confided they saw a woman in white standing at the side of the road leading to the mountains. Recently a local woman has managed to photograph this ghost by her mobile, the Komsomolskaya Pravda daily writes on Monday.
‘My friends and I were driving back home late at night. Out of boredom I was shooting the empty road by my mobile. Suddenly we saw a woman all in white standing at the roadside. She was somewhat semi-transparent. I froze but continued shooting by inertia’, Anna Lapina, 17, recounts.
She said it turned out later that all those in the car saw the ghost.
Old residents maintain the ghost is that of the daughter of a former high-ranking functionary. They remember the tragedy that broke out in the 1950s during her wedding. An admirer rejected by the girl came to the restaurant at the height of the merriment and knifed the bride before the eyes of the guests and the bridegroom.
All kinds of accidents began to happen after the tragedy in that district. Drivers had accidents time and again. Soon the restaurant was closed because the rumor of that ‘black’ place scared customers off. Very soon all the relatives of the girl died and the bridegroom committed suicide.
Igor Vinokurov, cochairman of the international Ecology and Bio-Energy Informatics Committee’s commission for examination of mysterious phenomena, has reported that his commission has long been engaged in restringing and monitoring ghosts.
He says phantomologists around the world divide ghosts into four basic categories and the phantom of the Novorossijsk bride falls into the fourth category of the ‘collectively perceived’ ghosts. This category includes cases where the same apparition is seen by several persons independently of each other at the same time and the same place.
- Check of leader of Jewish movement Shahar for extremism might have to do with social media post - lawyer 13 August 2018, 17:28
- Teen suspected of setting fire to church in Karelia to be evaluated for sanity 13 August 2018, 14:29
- Teenage Satanist suspected of setting fire to wooden church in Karelia 13 August 2018, 12:58
- Police checking leader of Jewish movement in Russia for extremism - lawyer 10 August 2018, 20:53
- Russian Foreign Ministry asks Greek embassy for explanations on problems with issuing visas to priests 10 August 2018, 10:43
- St. Petersburg resident sentenced to 5 years in prison for preparing Kazan Cathedral terror attack 10 August 2018, 10:40
- Activists set up organization to protect rights of Orthodox believers in Eastern Europe 07 August 2018, 13:58
- Greece not issuing long-term visas to Russian priests - Russian patriarch's ex-spokesman 07 August 2018, 13:12
- Meeting of Moscow, Constantinople patriarchs will prove futility of efforts to split church - Ukrainian Orthodox Church 06 August 2018, 18:01
- Russia to memorialize 20 Holocaust execution sites 06 August 2018, 17:56
- Agenda of meeting between patriarchs Kirill, Bartholomew in works - Russian Orthodox Church 06 August 2018, 14:49
- Priest visits Oleg Sentsov in prison 06 August 2018, 14:05
- Patriarchs Kirill, Bartholomew to meet in Istanbul on Aug 31 06 August 2018, 13:45
- Moldova preparing for Patriarch Kirill's visit 02 August 2018, 12:32
- Poroshenko dismissed an official who promised him autocephaly to the Day of Russia's Baptism - media 02 August 2018, 11:05
- Patriarch Kirill appoints Grigory Antyufeyev acting general director of Sofrino (updated) 30 July 2018, 14:46
- No searches being conducted at Sofrino - source 30 July 2018, 12:38
- Patriarch Kirill removes long-term church administrator Parkhayev from all posts 30 July 2018, 12:35
- Ukrainian Interior Ministry estimates number of participants in so-called Kiev Patriarchate's procession as 65,000 people 28 July 2018, 17:47
- Poroshenko sees Russian Orthodox Church as threat to Ukraine 28 July 2018, 16:15
- Putin sees Christianization of Kievan Rus as start of Russia's statehood 28 July 2018, 14:29
- Putin joins religious procession marking 1030th anniversary of Christianization of Kievan Rus in Moscow 28 July 2018, 14:24
- Poroshenko joins schismatics' procession marking 1030th anniversary of Christianization of Rus in Kiev 28 July 2018, 12:56
- Russian Orthodox Church to resist attempts to separate Ukrainian Orthodox Church from it - Patriarch Kirill 28 July 2018, 09:07
- About 250,000 attend cross procession in Kiev - organizers 27 July 2018, 17:38
- Kiev cross procession begins 27 July 2018, 14:22
- Over 100,000 pilgrims to attend Kiev cross procession - Ukrainian Orthodox Church 27 July 2018, 14:00
- Heads, members of 10 local Orthodox Churches to celebrate 1030th anniversary of Baptism of Rus in Moscow 27 July 2018, 12:37
- Patriarch Kirill praises Ukrainian Orthodox Christians for staying loyal to Russian church before 1,030th anniversary of Christianization of Rus 27 July 2018, 11:06
- Patriarch Kirill hopes celebrations of 1,030th anniversary of Christianization of Rus can help overcome division in Ukraine 26 July 2018, 18:41