12 February 2007, 10:12
Putin urges Western politicians 'not to pose as Lord God'
Munich, February 12, Interfax - Russian President Vladimir Putin in his speech at the 43d International Conference on Security in Munich urged politicians 'not to pose as Lord God' and not 'to drive in a deadlock' the situation around the settlement of the Kosovo problem.
'What will happen to Kosovo and Serbia? Only the Kosovars and Serbs know it. And let us not decide for them how they should arrange their life. There is no need to pose as Lord God and make decisions for all nations', Russian president said answering a question from the audience after his speech.
Putin reminded his listeners that what leaders of other countries can do is 'only to create conditions and help people to sort out their problems and 'to be guarantors of certain agreements', which 'cannot be imposed' on nations since 'if anyone of the participants in this very complicated process feels offended and humiliated the problem will last for centuries'.
Russia's position therefore is this: 'if we see that one of the parties is obviously dissatisfied with the proposed ways of settling the situation, we will not support such a decision', the president said.
The Russian leader also pointed to the evident 'ever increasing disregard for the fundamental principles of international law'. In fact, 'almost all the legal system of one state, first of all certainly that of the United States of America, has stepped over its national borders to be imposed on other states in all the spheres - in economics and in politics and in the humanitarian area. Do you know anyone who will like it?' Putin said.
- Lawyers for defrocked priest Sergy to appeal conviction 30 November 2021, 18:13
- Former schema-hegumen Sergy sentenced to 3.5 years in prison (updated) 30 November 2021, 17:16
- Patriarch Kirill believes that the Kingdom of Heaven is bigger than cosmos 30 November 2021, 11:18
- Jews of Russia against celebrating Hanukkah together with Christmas in mixed families 30 November 2021, 11:12
- The anti-Covid restrictions on Hanukkah in Russia have been slightly relaxed 30 November 2021, 11:02
- Hermitage cat Seraphima goes to work in the Peter and Paul Cathedral 30 November 2021, 10:48
- Patriarch Kirill invited to Kazakhstan to Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions 26 November 2021, 16:18
- Some "missionaries" of an extremist organization banned in the Russia convicted in Saratov 26 November 2021, 16:14
- The head of Belarusian Orthodox Church urged to treat migrants as "aliens" 24 November 2021, 15:39
- Rabbi Lazar concerned that the pandemic sometimes considered a Jewish conspiracy 24 November 2021, 15:33
- Patriarch Kirill describes ecclesiastical split in Ukraine as his personal woe 22 November 2021, 19:33
- Covid-19 pandemic won't last long, but will allow humanity to critically assess its capabilities - Patriarch Kirill 22 November 2021, 16:52
- Patriarch Kirill views Russia as leader of free world 22 November 2021, 16:35
- Russian Orthodox Church denies U.S. claims of violations of religious freedom in Russia 22 November 2021, 11:05
- Problem of church schism in Ukraine may be resolved through dialogue - Patriarch Kirill 22 November 2021, 11:02
- Putin bestows Order of St. Andrew on Patriarch Kirill, notes highest regard to him in Russia, abroad 22 November 2021, 10:54
- Jehovah's Witnesses elders detained in Russia's Astrakhan Region 18 November 2021, 16:45
- Court in Moscow fines Muz-TV 1 mln rubles for propaganda of homosexuality among minors 17 November 2021, 15:40
- Website of Side by Side festival blocked for forming positive attitude toward LGBT content 17 November 2021, 15:38
- Imam and one more person killed in Dagestani village shooting 12 November 2021, 20:25
- Prosecution service detects justification of terrorism, extremism in materials of Memorial human rights center 12 November 2021, 17:59
- Cell of Nurjular extremist organization, banned in Russia, shut down in Tatarstan 12 November 2021, 17:09
- The Russian synagogues didn't turn off the lights until morning In memory of the Kristallnacht 10 November 2021, 10:14
- Russian PM satisfied with Pope's attitude to Moscow's views on int'l issues 09 November 2021, 21:55
- MP does not rule out eventual genomic registration of all Russians 04 November 2021, 10:29
- Russian Church warns against turning vaccination into factor of national division 02 November 2021, 19:55
- FJCR president calls for imposing restrictions on those who don't want to get vaccinated 02 November 2021, 16:00
- Russian Orthodox Church calls on G20 countries to drop differences over pandemic challenges 01 November 2021, 12:35
- The court of St. Petersburg refused to punish the participant of a candid photo shoot against the background of St. Isaac's Cathedral 01 November 2021, 11:04
- FJCR president estimates number of Russian Jews at 1 mln 29 October 2021, 10:45