19 February 2007, 16:16
More members voluntarily leave Hizb ut-Tahrir in Kazakhstan - security service
Astana, February 19, Interfax - The number of Hizb ut-Tahrir activists in Kazakhstan who have decided to voluntarily abandon the ideology of the organization is growing.
"Ordinary members of the religious extremist party Hizb ut-Tahrir keep coming to the national security agencies and voluntarily reject the ideological principles of this organization," says the press release of the National Security Committee issued on Monday.
Earlier, 55 members were reported to have left the party. "By now, such applications have been filed by another 27 members of Hizb ut-Tahrir, residing in Almaty, Pavlodar, Taraz, Shymkent and Turkestan," says the press release.
Apart from their rejection of the party's ideas, its now former members voluntarily surrendered propaganda materials inciting ethnic and religious intolerance, says the press release.
According to the norms of Kazakhstan's Criminal Code, those who leave the banned Hizb ut-Tahrir can avoid criminal charges.
Meanwhile, the press release says that criminal investigations are continuing in respect to 31 leaders and activists of the party, who are suspected of setting up and managing the criminal organization, publicly calling for violent overthrow of the constitutional regime and threatening Kazakhstan's territorial integrity.
- Orthodox believers insist on building a church in Moscow City instead of the Eye of Sauron 17 December 2014, 14:15
- NAC: Assaults, extortions are main sources financing religious extremists 16 December 2014, 13:24
- Serbian bishop criticizes NATO expansion and says his people will never support anti-Russian sanctions 15 December 2014, 18:12
- Terrorist leader, who killed imam, is among militants killed in Dagestan 15 December 2014, 18:09
- Serbian bishop condemns schismatics in Ukraine 15 December 2014, 17:58
- Islamic activists in Kyrgyzstan believe there should be no male obstetricians 15 December 2014, 10:09
- Russian diplomat discusses condition of Christians in Mideast, situation in Syria at meetings in Lebanon 15 December 2014, 10:08
- IOPS to present White Book on slain Mideast Christians at UN 15 December 2014, 10:03
- Arab Spring, IS aimed at demonizing Islam - Patriarch Kirill 12 December 2014, 17:49
- National policy should focus on worthy support of Russian people - Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin 12 December 2014, 17:21
- World Russian People's Council states Ukraine practices tortures based on the CIA technique 12 December 2014, 13:28
- Over seventy Russian graves vandalized in Australian Orthodox cemetery 12 December 2014, 10:02
- Kremlin official slams violence against members of Moscow-ruled Orthodox Church in Ukraine 11 December 2014, 17:51
- Metropolitan Hilarion condemns anti-Christian "genocide" in M. East 11 December 2014, 17:17
- Pope Francis invited to Kazakhstan 10 December 2014, 17:26
- Syria jihad recruiters spotted in southern Kyrgyzstan 10 December 2014, 17:06
- Metropolitan Hilarion believes Nicholas II made a mistake when he joined World War I 09 December 2014, 17:21
- Chapel to commemorate perished home guards to be set up in Saur Mogila 09 December 2014, 14:35
- Orthodox church desecrated and robbed in west Ukraine 08 December 2014, 18:57
- Patriarch Kirill prays for prevention of war between Russia, West 08 December 2014, 13:07
- DNR authorities accuse Kiev in purposeful shelling of churches 08 December 2014, 11:26
- Kadyrov: Family of Wahabis guilty of murder to be evicted from Chechnya 08 December 2014, 10:58
- Russian Supreme Court finds Jehovah's Witnesses' website to be extremist 05 December 2014, 10:09
- Russia should use the period of trial for making a break-through - Berel Lazar 05 December 2014, 10:05
- Crimea has sacral meaning for Russia - Putin 04 December 2014, 15:21
- Kyrgyz police detect Hizb ut-Tahrir group 04 December 2014, 12:32
- Orthodox Christians in Russia, U.S. can improve countries' relationship - Patriarch Kirill 04 December 2014, 10:02
- Patriarch Kirill concerned about Donbass blockade, attempts to take over churches in other regions of Ukraine 03 December 2014, 18:12
- Yeshivah student badly beaten in Moscow Region 03 December 2014, 14:45
- Russian parish in Strasbourg lacks money to continue building the church 03 December 2014, 10:04