07 March 2007, 16:38
World Russian People's Council rebukes attempts to divide Church
Moscow, March 7, Interfax - It was stated at the XI Congress of the World Russian People's Council that ended on Wednesday in Moscow that it is unacceptable to make attempts to divide the Church.
"We should clearly and loudly accuse those who under the cover of care about the Church and the State benefit are trying to divide the Church along ethnic, political, culture and social lines, to turn differences into dangerous clashes," a resolution of the council reads.
"We do not need divisions neither on the left, nor on the right. We need a united Church that upholds the Motherland in the world and leads Orthodox people to a divine Motherland," participants of the forum stated.
Participants hail the unification of the Moscow Patriarchate and the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia, which will become "an important landmark in overcoming the tragic division of people brought about by the Revolution and the Civil War."
The Council "resolutely resents the interference of politicians in the life of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church and its pushing toward spiritual division from the Russian Orthodox Church."
"Moscow, Kiev, Chisinau and Minsk should consider themselves as unique centers of the single Church and the united powerful civilization, on behalf of which they can speak with any international centers of power head-on. That is why it is very important that each center remain itself, and develop ties with other capitals of our united spiritual space," the resolution reads.
- Gay parades not permitted in Sevastopol or Simferopol 16 April 2014, 16:59
- Two imams banned from mosque service in Kyrgyzstan 16 April 2014, 15:29
- Kadyrov wants to build a mosque in Sevastopol 16 April 2014, 11:49
- Murderer confessed in his crimes after becoming a believer 15 April 2014, 16:11
- Islamic radicals are unpopular in Crimea - expert 15 April 2014, 11:08
- Putin thanks Russia's chief rabbi for contribution in enhancing inter-confession peace 15 April 2014, 10:00
- About 170 tonnes of matzah made for Passover in Russia 14 April 2014, 10:08
- Two militants suspected killers of Dagestan village imam 14 April 2014, 10:00
- Odessa Diocese secretary moves to Moscow for fear of persecution 11 April 2014, 17:27
- WRPC Human Rights Center supports the idea of criminal proceedings against Gorbachev 11 April 2014, 16:31
- Group of Jehovah's Witnesses followers detained in Uzbekistan 11 April 2014, 14:23
- Roman Abramovich spends half million dollars on Passover celebrations 11 April 2014, 10:08
- Village mosque imam killed in Dagestan 11 April 2014, 10:00
- Russian oligarchs start a pilgrimage across Israeli desert 10 April 2014, 11:39
- Radical Islam followers from Europe, Central Asia fight for Syrian militants - Bortnikov 09 April 2014, 14:03
- Assailants of Dagestan madrasah teacher killed in police operation 09 April 2014, 11:24
- Iraqi Sharia court to try Bryansk pedagogue on earthenware smuggling counts 09 April 2014, 10:59
- Kostroma authorities to appeal court ruling over illegality of gay pride parade ban 09 April 2014, 10:13
- Terrorism, Wahhabism neutralized in Chechnya completely – Kadyrov 09 April 2014, 10:04
- Russian Foundation to deliver Holy Fire from Jerusalem to Crimea 09 April 2014, 10:00
- Priest Grozovsky to be extradited to Russia soon 08 April 2014, 19:45
- Activities of 18 intl religious extremists suppressed in four Russian regions - FSB chief 08 April 2014, 12:30
- Russian prosecutors ask Israel to extradite priest accused of child molestation – sources 07 April 2014, 17:01
- Siberian hermit Agafya Lykova may move from taiga 07 April 2014, 16:50
- Group of Hizb ut-Tahrir propagandists detained in Kyrgyzstan 07 April 2014, 16:18
- Patriarch Kirill compares events in Ukraine to 1917 revolution 07 April 2014, 15:30
- Cross set up, prayer said in North Pole 07 April 2014, 11:03
- Georgia's ancient capital Mtskheta becomes holy city 07 April 2014, 10:04
- Court invalidates ban on gay events in Kostroma 04 April 2014, 15:54
- Moscow City Court mitigates sentence for Pussy Riot members 04 April 2014, 13:06