18 April 2007, 13:12
Orthodox priest suggests not stirring up public excitement around anomaly zones
Moscow, April 18, Interfax - Fr. Sergy Zvonaryov from the staff of the Department for External Church Relations of the Moscow Patriarchate suggested one should see no mysticism in so-called anomaly zones and said that those who go there pray and cross themselves.
‘The teaching of the Church says nothing about anomaly zones. They should not be worshipped as divine neither believed to be demonic,’ Fr. Sergy said as quoted by the Argumenty i Fakty weekly on Wednesday.
He noted that during Middle Ages many natural phenomena were associated with a spiritual realm but later they were explained scientifically. ‘These zones may also belong to the natural phenomena,’ the priest added.
He also said that the true Christian shouldn’t mind blessing of all things around him such as houses, cars, offices, fields, water springs.
‘Places that are known as anomalies also may be blessed. But if you go there you may say a prayer or make a sign of the cross anyway,’ Fr. Sergy added.
For his part, Gennagy Kirpichnikov, PhD in Physics and Mathematics, from Novosibirsk said that the similar ‘anomalies’ might appear in so-called geopathogenic zones where geological structure has cracked or shifted.
‘Negative energies stream from over there harming both humans and machines. In cities underground systems increase these anomalies,’ the scientist said.
Another scientist, Anatoly Babanov from Rostov, uses biolocators to identify the geopathogenic zones. His colleague Anton Yevdokimov said that all these are a living magic of the nature’s forces. According to him, forests, cities, rivers and mountains are living organisms. They are not friendly to everybody.
- Russia issued seven warnings over inciting national and religious enmity in 2014 23 April 2014, 15:36
- Yatsenyuk has yet to decide whether he will go to the Vatican 23 April 2014, 10:00
- Lukashenko cites Bible during address, calls for national unity 22 April 2014, 14:36
- Leader of the Ukrainian Union of Orthodox citizens is proclaimed people’s president of Novorossia Republic 21 April 2014, 18:09
- No religious fanatics ever existed in Kazakhstan - Nazarbayev 18 April 2014, 17:14
- Doctors of Rostov clinic refuse abortions for Easter week 18 April 2014, 16:29
- Church official hopes that West hears Putin’s call to build Europe basing on shared values 18 April 2014, 11:03
- Beijing: Islamists control regional drug trafficking routes 17 April 2014, 16:27
- Russian people, like Noah, urged not to let the world finally sink in sin, Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin believes 16 April 2014, 19:21
- Two chapels and baptistery set on fire in Ulyanovsk region 16 April 2014, 17:47
- Alleged ex-activist of Hizb ut-Tahrir going on trial in Moscow 16 April 2014, 17:11
- Gay parades not permitted in Sevastopol or Simferopol 16 April 2014, 16:59
- Two imams banned from mosque service in Kyrgyzstan 16 April 2014, 15:29
- Kadyrov wants to build a mosque in Sevastopol 16 April 2014, 11:49
- Murderer confessed in his crimes after becoming a believer 15 April 2014, 16:11
- Islamic radicals are unpopular in Crimea - expert 15 April 2014, 11:08
- Putin thanks Russia's chief rabbi for contribution in enhancing inter-confession peace 15 April 2014, 10:00
- About 170 tonnes of matzah made for Passover in Russia 14 April 2014, 10:08
- Two militants suspected killers of Dagestan village imam 14 April 2014, 10:00
- Odessa Diocese secretary moves to Moscow for fear of persecution 11 April 2014, 17:27
- WRPC Human Rights Center supports the idea of criminal proceedings against Gorbachev 11 April 2014, 16:31
- Group of Jehovah's Witnesses followers detained in Uzbekistan 11 April 2014, 14:23
- Roman Abramovich spends half million dollars on Passover celebrations 11 April 2014, 10:08
- Village mosque imam killed in Dagestan 11 April 2014, 10:00
- Russian oligarchs start a pilgrimage across Israeli desert 10 April 2014, 11:39
- Radical Islam followers from Europe, Central Asia fight for Syrian militants - Bortnikov 09 April 2014, 14:03
- Assailants of Dagestan madrasah teacher killed in police operation 09 April 2014, 11:24
- Iraqi Sharia court to try Bryansk pedagogue on earthenware smuggling counts 09 April 2014, 10:59
- Kostroma authorities to appeal court ruling over illegality of gay pride parade ban 09 April 2014, 10:13
- Terrorism, Wahhabism neutralized in Chechnya completely – Kadyrov 09 April 2014, 10:04