18 April 2007, 13:12
Orthodox priest suggests not stirring up public excitement around anomaly zones
Moscow, April 18, Interfax - Fr. Sergy Zvonaryov from the staff of the Department for External Church Relations of the Moscow Patriarchate suggested one should see no mysticism in so-called anomaly zones and said that those who go there pray and cross themselves.
‘The teaching of the Church says nothing about anomaly zones. They should not be worshipped as divine neither believed to be demonic,’ Fr. Sergy said as quoted by the Argumenty i Fakty weekly on Wednesday.
He noted that during Middle Ages many natural phenomena were associated with a spiritual realm but later they were explained scientifically. ‘These zones may also belong to the natural phenomena,’ the priest added.
He also said that the true Christian shouldn’t mind blessing of all things around him such as houses, cars, offices, fields, water springs.
‘Places that are known as anomalies also may be blessed. But if you go there you may say a prayer or make a sign of the cross anyway,’ Fr. Sergy added.
For his part, Gennagy Kirpichnikov, PhD in Physics and Mathematics, from Novosibirsk said that the similar ‘anomalies’ might appear in so-called geopathogenic zones where geological structure has cracked or shifted.
‘Negative energies stream from over there harming both humans and machines. In cities underground systems increase these anomalies,’ the scientist said.
Another scientist, Anatoly Babanov from Rostov, uses biolocators to identify the geopathogenic zones. His colleague Anton Yevdokimov said that all these are a living magic of the nature’s forces. According to him, forests, cities, rivers and mountains are living organisms. They are not friendly to everybody.
- Kyrgyz protest against Prophet Muhammad cartoons calls for boycott of French perfumes 29 January 2015, 14:14
- Russians are against religious cartoons - poll 28 January 2015, 17:00
- Russian Orthodox Church concerned about church arsons in Ukraine 28 January 2015, 14:17
- Rabbi Lazar thanks WWII veterans for saving world from fascism 28 January 2015, 10:02
- Police bust female extremist cell in southern Kyrgyzstan 27 January 2015, 17:54
- Church set on fire in Kiev 27 January 2015, 16:19
- Russia calls for inquiry into Babi Yar church arson 27 January 2015, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill condemns cartoons of Prophet Muhammad 26 January 2015, 18:45
- Over two thirds of Russians aware of Charlie Hebdo attack - poll 26 January 2015, 17:08
- Church torched in Babi Yar 26 January 2015, 16:40
- Some 3,000 strong protest in Jalal-Abad against Muhammad caricatures 26 January 2015, 14:47
- Roskomnadzor issues warning to newspaper RBC for publishing images offensive to Muslims 26 January 2015, 12:10
- Peskov would like "Leviathan" movie to be released in Russia 26 January 2015, 10:06
- Duma calls on journalists not to incite religious hatred 26 January 2015, 10:05
- Warsaw's stance insults memory of Auschwitz liberators - FJCR head 23 January 2015, 13:17
- Russia could be one of world's last civilizations - Church official 23 January 2015, 10:16
- Dagestan leader slams insults to Muslims' religious feelings 23 January 2015, 10:05
- Russia needs to revive Soviet-era sense of solidarity - Patriarch Kirill 22 January 2015, 19:11
- Russian political parties must not destroy basic values - patriarch Kirill 22 January 2015, 19:01
- Russian bishop blasts child euthanasia, abortions 22 January 2015, 18:13
- Lavrov considers caricatures on religious topics tasteless 22 January 2015, 10:44
- Church will support fight against nationalism and Nazism - Patriarch 22 January 2015, 10:19
- U.S., French, Israeli flags burned during Baku protest against Muhammad cartoons 21 January 2015, 18:37
- Russian Church expresses solidarity with Muslims who protested in Grozny 21 January 2015, 10:03
- Bishkek rally demands ban on Prophet Muhammad cartoons 20 January 2015, 13:53
- Israeli court orders priest Grozovsky extradition to Russia, defense planning to appeal 19 January 2015, 18:02
- Body of Georgian priest killed in fire on Norman Atlantic ferry taken to Georgia 19 January 2015, 17:00
- Over 1 million people take part in rally protesting cartoons of Prophet Muhammad held in Grozny 19 January 2015, 14:50
- Moscow Muslims see no sense in holding anti-caricature protest 19 January 2015, 10:08
- Russian lawmaker wants budget funding recovered from Leviathan film director 19 January 2015, 10:05