18 April 2007, 13:12
Orthodox priest suggests not stirring up public excitement around anomaly zones
Moscow, April 18, Interfax - Fr. Sergy Zvonaryov from the staff of the Department for External Church Relations of the Moscow Patriarchate suggested one should see no mysticism in so-called anomaly zones and said that those who go there pray and cross themselves.
‘The teaching of the Church says nothing about anomaly zones. They should not be worshipped as divine neither believed to be demonic,’ Fr. Sergy said as quoted by the Argumenty i Fakty weekly on Wednesday.
He noted that during Middle Ages many natural phenomena were associated with a spiritual realm but later they were explained scientifically. ‘These zones may also belong to the natural phenomena,’ the priest added.
He also said that the true Christian shouldn’t mind blessing of all things around him such as houses, cars, offices, fields, water springs.
‘Places that are known as anomalies also may be blessed. But if you go there you may say a prayer or make a sign of the cross anyway,’ Fr. Sergy added.
For his part, Gennagy Kirpichnikov, PhD in Physics and Mathematics, from Novosibirsk said that the similar ‘anomalies’ might appear in so-called geopathogenic zones where geological structure has cracked or shifted.
‘Negative energies stream from over there harming both humans and machines. In cities underground systems increase these anomalies,’ the scientist said.
Another scientist, Anatoly Babanov from Rostov, uses biolocators to identify the geopathogenic zones. His colleague Anton Yevdokimov said that all these are a living magic of the nature’s forces. According to him, forests, cities, rivers and mountains are living organisms. They are not friendly to everybody.
- Number of Islamic State members in Afghanistan reaches 3,500 over past year - Russian diplomat 08 October 2015, 17:59
- Crimean Tatars 'do not have right' to leave their motherland 08 October 2015, 14:57
- Nicholas II's doctor, servants may be canonized 08 October 2015, 10:00
- Over half Russians trust religious organizations - poll 07 October 2015, 18:04
- Moscow denies Lavrov's meetings with Khamenei 07 October 2015, 17:19
- Russian operation in Syria is no relation to Sunni-Shiite conflict - Kadyrov 07 October 2015, 16:20
- Two Russians died from heart attacks during this hajj 07 October 2015, 16:06
- Moscow mufti dubs Saudi clerics' decision to declare jihad against Russia as 'independent action' 07 October 2015, 11:45
- IS might be deliberately bombing mosques in Syria to put blame on Russian Air Force - Russian Defense Ministry 07 October 2015, 10:24
- IS terrorists find shelter from Russian airstrikes in mosques - Russian Defense Ministry 07 October 2015, 10:00
- Members of Tajik Islamic Renaissance Party charged with organizing armed mutiny 06 October 2015, 11:17
- Three Hizb ut-Tahrir members arrested in Chelyabinsk 06 October 2015, 10:02
- Russia's chief rabbi calls on intl community to eliminate terrorists, their ideology 05 October 2015, 15:24
- Head of Polish Orthodox Church accuses Kiev of being unable to protect the faithful 05 October 2015, 10:05
- Vandals paint anti-Russian inscription on a church wall in Kiev 02 October 2015, 16:07
- Three ISIL members detained in Chechnya 02 October 2015, 16:02
- Renowned representative of the Russians Abroad is ready to give blood of Nicholas nephew for expertise 02 October 2015, 15:33
- Supreme mufti backs Russia's decision to launch military operation against ISIL 02 October 2015, 10:05
- Lavrov discusses situation in Mideast with OIC secretary-general 01 October 2015, 10:53
- Russian military participation in Syria should bring peace to region - patriarch Kirill 30 September 2015, 18:35
- Russian church constructed in Munich listed among most important architectural buildings 30 September 2015, 16:59
- Number of citizens of Russia, CIS states joining ISIS grows hourly, there are thousands of them – Kremlin 30 September 2015, 11:32
- Tajik Supreme Court bans Party of Islamic Renaissance 29 September 2015, 16:55
- There is not sexual minorities problem in Russia, this is a tool of attacking Moscow - Putin 29 September 2015, 10:06
- Putin calls for broad international anti-terrorist coalition with the participation of Muslim countries 29 September 2015, 10:05
- Tajik prosecutors ask court to ban Islamic Party 28 September 2015, 17:04
- Cross set up at the bottom of the Black Sea in Sevastopol 28 September 2015, 15:59
- Remains of Grand Duchess Elizaveta Feodorovna may be included in royal family inquiry - Russian Investigative Committee 28 September 2015, 10:01
- Research on tsarist family assassination case goes on actively - senior criminal investigator 25 September 2015, 16:37
- Construction of mosque begins in Simferopol 25 September 2015, 14:31