18 April 2007, 13:12
Orthodox priest suggests not stirring up public excitement around anomaly zones
Moscow, April 18, Interfax - Fr. Sergy Zvonaryov from the staff of the Department for External Church Relations of the Moscow Patriarchate suggested one should see no mysticism in so-called anomaly zones and said that those who go there pray and cross themselves.
‘The teaching of the Church says nothing about anomaly zones. They should not be worshipped as divine neither believed to be demonic,’ Fr. Sergy said as quoted by the Argumenty i Fakty weekly on Wednesday.
He noted that during Middle Ages many natural phenomena were associated with a spiritual realm but later they were explained scientifically. ‘These zones may also belong to the natural phenomena,’ the priest added.
He also said that the true Christian shouldn’t mind blessing of all things around him such as houses, cars, offices, fields, water springs.
‘Places that are known as anomalies also may be blessed. But if you go there you may say a prayer or make a sign of the cross anyway,’ Fr. Sergy added.
For his part, Gennagy Kirpichnikov, PhD in Physics and Mathematics, from Novosibirsk said that the similar ‘anomalies’ might appear in so-called geopathogenic zones where geological structure has cracked or shifted.
‘Negative energies stream from over there harming both humans and machines. In cities underground systems increase these anomalies,’ the scientist said.
Another scientist, Anatoly Babanov from Rostov, uses biolocators to identify the geopathogenic zones. His colleague Anton Yevdokimov said that all these are a living magic of the nature’s forces. According to him, forests, cities, rivers and mountains are living organisms. They are not friendly to everybody.
- Islamist recruiter stands trial in Uzbekistan 28 November 2014, 12:48
- Cossacks to help Moscow police maintain public order in recreation zones, in areas around churches and monasteries 28 November 2014, 10:02
- Kyrgyz extremists use hijab issue to drive wedge between government, Muslims - intelligence agency 28 November 2014, 10:00
- DPR official speaks about 62 churches destroyed 27 November 2014, 17:49
- Metropolitan Kliment believes high speed is disadvantage of the Internet 27 November 2014, 14:59
- Russian Council of Muftis dismisses allegations of terror recruitment at Moscow Mosque 26 November 2014, 16:47
- IS funded by Afghan heroin profits - FSKN 26 November 2014, 15:44
- Hundreds of children to draw their guardian angel in the Moscow Cathedral of Christ the Savior 26 November 2014, 14:27
- Stavropol to host 3rd Forum of World Russian People's Council 26 November 2014, 10:30
- Anti-Semitic inscription appeared on the building of a Moscow center for Torah studies 25 November 2014, 16:42
- CIS-led intl court could investigate Ukraine religious crimes - Russian rights activist 25 November 2014, 15:09
- Tajik Islamists use Moscow as a crossing point between Tajikistan and Syria 25 November 2014, 13:48
- Patriarchal Commission against full ban on physical methods of upbringing children in family 25 November 2014, 12:56
- Russian priest suggests banning Wahhabism, Nazism and aggressive neo-paganism 24 November 2014, 17:46
- Church in the Donetsk Region shelled 24 November 2014, 17:34
- Humanitarian help to restore churches will be conveyed to the DNR 24 November 2014, 12:16
- Russia to invite OSCE to address condition of Christians in Mideast - Lavrov 24 November 2014, 10:08
- Moscow accuses UN mission in ignoring takeovers of churches and threats against priests in eastern Ukraine 24 November 2014, 10:04
- Zvyagintsev's Leviathan wins Golden Frog at Camerimage festival 24 November 2014, 10:03
- Russia, U.S. must melt ice in relationship, overcome global crises - Patriarch Kirill 21 November 2014, 19:02
- At least 50 churches were damaged in military action in Ukraine - Russian expert 21 November 2014, 18:20
- Uniates following UOC hierarchs distanced from memorandum for the Local Church 21 November 2014, 16:03
- Moscow wants Islamic world disagreements resolved - Russian foreign minister 21 November 2014, 12:14
- Putin, patriarch unveil monument to Alexander I outside Kremlin 21 November 2014, 10:02
- Jerusalem synagogue attack extreme, Russia must prevent such crimes - Putin 20 November 2014, 17:53
- DNR soldiers venerate St. George relics 20 November 2014, 14:30
- Patriarch Kirill speaks on divorce statistics 19 November 2014, 15:19
- Orthodox youth should be modern: no dress-codes and 'ethnographic ghetto' is needed 19 November 2014, 13:56
- Patriarch Kirill urges young people not to substitute real communication with virtual 19 November 2014, 13:37
- Patriarch Kirill recommends to take up the cross, not to 'relax and enjoy' 19 November 2014, 12:54