18 April 2007, 13:12
Orthodox priest suggests not stirring up public excitement around anomaly zones
Moscow, April 18, Interfax - Fr. Sergy Zvonaryov from the staff of the Department for External Church Relations of the Moscow Patriarchate suggested one should see no mysticism in so-called anomaly zones and said that those who go there pray and cross themselves.
‘The teaching of the Church says nothing about anomaly zones. They should not be worshipped as divine neither believed to be demonic,’ Fr. Sergy said as quoted by the Argumenty i Fakty weekly on Wednesday.
He noted that during Middle Ages many natural phenomena were associated with a spiritual realm but later they were explained scientifically. ‘These zones may also belong to the natural phenomena,’ the priest added.
He also said that the true Christian shouldn’t mind blessing of all things around him such as houses, cars, offices, fields, water springs.
‘Places that are known as anomalies also may be blessed. But if you go there you may say a prayer or make a sign of the cross anyway,’ Fr. Sergy added.
For his part, Gennagy Kirpichnikov, PhD in Physics and Mathematics, from Novosibirsk said that the similar ‘anomalies’ might appear in so-called geopathogenic zones where geological structure has cracked or shifted.
‘Negative energies stream from over there harming both humans and machines. In cities underground systems increase these anomalies,’ the scientist said.
Another scientist, Anatoly Babanov from Rostov, uses biolocators to identify the geopathogenic zones. His colleague Anton Yevdokimov said that all these are a living magic of the nature’s forces. According to him, forests, cities, rivers and mountains are living organisms. They are not friendly to everybody.
- Russia's Jewish community to convey 11 tons of humanitarian aid to Donbass 02 April 2015, 11:51
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church to celebrate the 70th anniversary of Victory Day in prayer 02 April 2015, 10:00
- Russian Culture Ministry to support only art focused on traditional values 01 April 2015, 17:53
- Russian Muslim admin issues fatwa condemning ISIL 01 April 2015, 10:00
- Moscow's chief rabbi to meet with pope to discuss religious extremism in Europe 31 March 2015, 16:45
- Vatican ex-advisor converts to Orthodoxy and becomes a monk in Moscow monastery 31 March 2015, 15:49
- Number of Hizb ut-Tahrir supporters drastically down in Crimea - Russian Interior Ministry 31 March 2015, 10:01
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin criticizes 'spiritual relax' in connection with tragedy in the Alps 30 March 2015, 17:56
- Imams of Tajik mosques are urged to call for closure of Islamic Revival Party 30 March 2015, 16:45
- Lavrov meets with Orthodox monastery abbess in Guatemala 27 March 2015, 10:46
- Pilot Savchenko’s files contain information about torturing a priest 26 March 2015, 19:25
- Kolomoisky's resignation is the sign of Ukraine's growing dependence on the West, Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin believes 26 March 2015, 18:26
- Russians trained by ISIL may be used against home country 26 March 2015, 15:08
- Kyrgyzstan outlaws Islamic State 25 March 2015, 15:36
- Chechen leader, Jordanian king discuss fight against IS 25 March 2015, 10:00
- Moscow Patriarchate priest assaulted in west Ukraine 24 March 2015, 10:00
- Ukrainians trust Church the most - poll 23 March 2015, 17:22
- Over 5,000 mercenaries from CIS fight on ISIS side - expert 23 March 2015, 16:15
- Schoolchildren from Turkey, Italy, Egypt to discuss fight against religious extremism in St. Petersburg 23 March 2015, 12:57
- Uzbekistan worried about ISIL activity near its borders 23 March 2015, 12:19
- Patriarch Kirill awards Lavrov 23 March 2015, 11:28
- Chubais doubts Nemtsov murder motivated by religious hatred 23 March 2015, 10:15
- IS recruiters targeting North Caucasus students - envoy Melikov 23 March 2015, 10:00
- Russian Orthodox Church concerned about legalization of same-sex "marriage", abortion issue, and secularism in Europe 20 March 2015, 17:35
- The Russian Church conveys twenty five tones of humanitarian help to Donbass residents 20 March 2015, 14:41
- Another Moscow Patriarchate church seized in Ukraine 20 March 2015, 10:00
- Leader of women's wing of Hizb ut-Tahrir detained, arms cache discovered in south Kyrgyzstan 19 March 2015, 10:02
- Head of the Russian State Archive suggests to exhume remains of the tzar family to examine them again 18 March 2015, 16:28
- Russian Central Muslim Board urges artists to be more delicate about believers' feelings 16 March 2015, 14:57
- Russia is urged to revive Christianity in Europe - Patriarch Kirill 16 March 2015, 14:21