18 April 2007, 13:49
Boy anoints his eyes with myrrh form miraculous icon and sees
Moscow, April 18, Interfax - The completely blind Vladimir Suzdalev, 10, regained ability to see after three days of daily anointing with myrrh.
'It is God's miracle that my boy now can see. Before that few doctors believed he would survive after the accident that blinded Vova,' Vladimir's mother Tatiana said as cited by the Tvoy Den daily on Wednesday.
After the tragedy, she was coming to Orenburg's Cathedral of St. Nicholas every morning to kneel in prayer for her only son.
In the cathedral somebody told Tatiana about a miraculous icon of the Mother of God called Skoroposlushnitsa (Quick-to-Hearken), which was kept in St. Michael's church in the village of Gorodische. Tatiana immediately went there and prayed before the icon until night.
Next morning when she came back to the hospital where her son was, she was told he is no longer in coma. Vladimir spent in hospital six more weeks but all the doctors agreed that he would never be able to see again.
Tatiana went to Gorodische again. When she was crying before the miraculous icon, the church's rector Fr. Victor gave her some holy myrrh from the icon in a small vessel.
Tatiana anointed her son's eyes with the holy myrrh during three days until he started seeing again. During next two weeks his sight became almost normal.
'The boy's diagnosis excluded any possibility of regaining ability to see. As a doctor I cannot explain the recovery of the blind. It is nothing but a miracle!' Oculist Nina Suvorova said.
- Ex-leader of Bashkir national movement jailed for three years for religious extremism 28 July 2015, 12:16
- Russia to continue Donbass peace efforts in response to Patriarch Kirill's message - the Kremlin 28 July 2015, 12:14
- Kremlin to host presidential reception in honor of Baptizer of Russia 28 July 2015, 11:39
- Patriarch Kirill launches anti-war appeal to Putin, Poroshenko on eve of Russia Christianization Day (updated) 27 July 2015, 18:16
- Kiev priest attack must not remain unpunished - Moscow Patriarchate 27 July 2015, 17:25
- Chelyabinsk Islamist gets 5-year sentence 27 July 2015, 17:02
- Wahabi from Dagestan detained with ammo, heroin on bus to Moscow 27 July 2015, 16:59
- Moscow Patriarchate priest badly wounded in Kiev 27 July 2015, 11:48
- Jews with synagogues on wheels to visit over 70 cities of Russia 27 July 2015, 10:34
- Arkhangelsk authorities ban LGBT event on Airborne Troops Day 27 July 2015, 10:11
- Georgian Patriarch successfully operated on in Germany 27 July 2015, 10:00
- Chapel or memorial sign to appear in place of collapsed barracks in Omsk 24 July 2015, 12:45
- Kyrgyz PM proposes to build special prison for religious extremists 24 July 2015, 11:42
- Russian Orthodox Church urges authorities against leaving people without ideological "wheel and sails" 23 July 2015, 15:40
- Valaam abbot gives up Internet, suggests restricting use of smartphones in monasteries 23 July 2015, 10:01
- No way back to Chechnya for those joining Islamic State – Kadyrov 22 July 2015, 12:23
- Tajik former election committee member from Islamic party jailed for illegal arms possession 21 July 2015, 14:35
- State Duma deputy asks Russian foreign minister to initiate international tribunal for ISIL 21 July 2015, 11:20
- At least 500 Tajiks fighting alongside IS - Interior Ministry 21 July 2015, 10:01
- Ukrainian miners build a church at the depth of 800 meters 20 July 2015, 16:53
- Patriarch Kirill urges Ukraine not to politicize the term 'Russian world' 20 July 2015, 13:35
- Icons and coins for €16,000 stolen from a collector's flat in Moscow 20 July 2015, 11:46
- Metropolitan of Kiev calls on Ukrainian authorities to do everything to stop war 17 July 2015, 16:18
- Mufti Tajuddin criticizes West for "vicious lie" and double standards 17 July 2015, 11:50
- Almost 160,000 Muslims took part in Eid al-Fitr celebrations in Moscow – police 17 July 2015, 11:28
- Merkel's words about marriage as a union between man and woman sound like 'the bolt from the rainbow blue' 17 July 2015, 10:02
- Spiritual father of the Olympic team tells how departing Olympic mascot Misha touched the patriarch 16 July 2015, 14:37
- Lavrov grateful to Uzbek president for support to Orthodox Church 16 July 2015, 11:54
- Pastor to be released in Iran before term as Patriarch Kirill interceded for him 15 July 2015, 17:12
- Tajik Justice Ministry assures Islamic Revival Party that it won't be closed without court ruling 15 July 2015, 17:06