18 April 2007, 13:49
Boy anoints his eyes with myrrh form miraculous icon and sees
Moscow, April 18, Interfax - The completely blind Vladimir Suzdalev, 10, regained ability to see after three days of daily anointing with myrrh.
'It is God's miracle that my boy now can see. Before that few doctors believed he would survive after the accident that blinded Vova,' Vladimir's mother Tatiana said as cited by the Tvoy Den daily on Wednesday.
After the tragedy, she was coming to Orenburg's Cathedral of St. Nicholas every morning to kneel in prayer for her only son.
In the cathedral somebody told Tatiana about a miraculous icon of the Mother of God called Skoroposlushnitsa (Quick-to-Hearken), which was kept in St. Michael's church in the village of Gorodische. Tatiana immediately went there and prayed before the icon until night.
Next morning when she came back to the hospital where her son was, she was told he is no longer in coma. Vladimir spent in hospital six more weeks but all the doctors agreed that he would never be able to see again.
Tatiana went to Gorodische again. When she was crying before the miraculous icon, the church's rector Fr. Victor gave her some holy myrrh from the icon in a small vessel.
Tatiana anointed her son's eyes with the holy myrrh during three days until he started seeing again. During next two weeks his sight became almost normal.
'The boy's diagnosis excluded any possibility of regaining ability to see. As a doctor I cannot explain the recovery of the blind. It is nothing but a miracle!' Oculist Nina Suvorova said.
- Valaam Monastery to raise up to 200 tonnes of trout per year in response to sanctions 28 August 2015, 17:59
- Hizb ut-Tahrir follower seized in Kyrgyzstan for illegal religious training of young girls 28 August 2015, 12:57
- Cathedral mosque to be built in Simferopol with Turkey participating - Mufti of Crimea 27 August 2015, 14:34
- Russian soldiers will learn methods of struggle against Islamic radicals and sects 26 August 2015, 13:07
- Russian Church likens attacks on Orthodox Ukrainians to Soviet-era persecutions 26 August 2015, 10:04
- Shelling damages a diocesan building in Gorlovka 25 August 2015, 11:16
- Patriarch Kirill hopes for interaction between Ukrainian Orthodox Church, Ukrainian authorities in interests of society 24 August 2015, 17:11
- Schismatics disrupted a divine service and seized an Orthodox church not far from Kiev 24 August 2015, 11:29
- Court seizes over one million Jehovah's Witnesses brochures brought into Russia 21 August 2015, 17:42
- Blogger from Karelia who criticized Church and received shelter in Estonia offers to exchange himself for Kohver 20 August 2015, 16:20
- Deputy imam killed in Stavropol territory 20 August 2015, 14:20
- Russia and Church cast a challenge to all evil powers - Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin 20 August 2015, 10:06
- 20% decrease in number of hajj-goers is prognosed in Russia as the ruble devaluates 19 August 2015, 17:50
- Kazakh priest conquers highest mountain in the Central Asia 19 August 2015, 12:58
- Teenagers hoist ISIL flag in southern Tajikistan 19 August 2015, 12:34
- African Patriarch to make pilgrimage to Russia 18 August 2015, 15:37
- Aksyonov won't allow gay prides in Crimea 18 August 2015, 14:18
- Orthodox believers ask Moscow Prosecutor to give legal evaluation of notorious exhibition in Manege 18 August 2015, 12:29
- Orthodox activists deny involvement in Moscow deputy assault 18 August 2015, 10:05
- Member of Hizb ut-Tahrir cell in St. Petersburg sentenced to five years in jail 17 August 2015, 17:20
- Petards and smoke grenades thrown at participants in homosexual forum in Odessa 17 August 2015, 15:08
- Incident in Manege promotes exhibition and Enteo, both sides should be punished, Orthodox human rights advocate believes 17 August 2015, 14:43
- Church official speaks for giving the food stuff on Russia's embargo list to the poor and Donbass 17 August 2015, 11:20
- Manezh radical attack to increase price of insurance for works of art going to Moscow - culture expert 17 August 2015, 10:21
- Rights defender Alexeyeva calls for punishing religious activists who vandalized sculpture exhibition in Moscow 17 August 2015, 10:07
- Art exhibition at Moscow's Manege working as normal following attack by radical Orthodox activists 17 August 2015, 10:00
- Incident with Russian top model Natalia Vodianova's sister should exterminate attitude to the disabled as second-class people 14 August 2015, 19:54
- Court bans LGBT march in Odessa 13 August 2015, 16:45
- UOC asks Constantinople not to interfere in church affairs in Ukraine 13 August 2015, 15:48
- Ukraine's border guard service reports detention of priest allegedly involved with militia battalion in Donbass 13 August 2015, 14:21