18 April 2007, 13:49
Boy anoints his eyes with myrrh form miraculous icon and sees
Moscow, April 18, Interfax - The completely blind Vladimir Suzdalev, 10, regained ability to see after three days of daily anointing with myrrh.
'It is God's miracle that my boy now can see. Before that few doctors believed he would survive after the accident that blinded Vova,' Vladimir's mother Tatiana said as cited by the Tvoy Den daily on Wednesday.
After the tragedy, she was coming to Orenburg's Cathedral of St. Nicholas every morning to kneel in prayer for her only son.
In the cathedral somebody told Tatiana about a miraculous icon of the Mother of God called Skoroposlushnitsa (Quick-to-Hearken), which was kept in St. Michael's church in the village of Gorodische. Tatiana immediately went there and prayed before the icon until night.
Next morning when she came back to the hospital where her son was, she was told he is no longer in coma. Vladimir spent in hospital six more weeks but all the doctors agreed that he would never be able to see again.
Tatiana went to Gorodische again. When she was crying before the miraculous icon, the church's rector Fr. Victor gave her some holy myrrh from the icon in a small vessel.
Tatiana anointed her son's eyes with the holy myrrh during three days until he started seeing again. During next two weeks his sight became almost normal.
'The boy's diagnosis excluded any possibility of regaining ability to see. As a doctor I cannot explain the recovery of the blind. It is nothing but a miracle!' Oculist Nina Suvorova said.
- Church official: scientologists, Jehovah's Witnesses are American agents 30 January 2015, 17:35
- Russian Supreme Court says North Caucasian jihadists fighting for ISIL 30 January 2015, 16:14
- Russians find publication of blasphemous cartoons unacceptable - poll 30 January 2015, 15:11
- Klitschko overturns decision to strip Moscow Patriarchate of tax break 30 January 2015, 10:17
- Russian citizens find publication of cartoons insulting people's religious feelings unacceptable - poll 30 January 2015, 10:16
- Church to commemorate perished Russian sailors to be build in Japan 30 January 2015, 10:08
- Kyrgyz protest against Prophet Muhammad cartoons calls for boycott of French perfumes 29 January 2015, 14:14
- Russians are against religious cartoons - poll 28 January 2015, 17:00
- Russian Orthodox Church concerned about church arsons in Ukraine 28 January 2015, 14:17
- Rabbi Lazar thanks WWII veterans for saving world from fascism 28 January 2015, 10:02
- Police bust female extremist cell in southern Kyrgyzstan 27 January 2015, 17:54
- Church set on fire in Kiev 27 January 2015, 16:19
- Russia calls for inquiry into Babi Yar church arson 27 January 2015, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill condemns cartoons of Prophet Muhammad 26 January 2015, 18:45
- Over two thirds of Russians aware of Charlie Hebdo attack - poll 26 January 2015, 17:08
- Church torched in Babi Yar 26 January 2015, 16:40
- Some 3,000 strong protest in Jalal-Abad against Muhammad caricatures 26 January 2015, 14:47
- Roskomnadzor issues warning to newspaper RBC for publishing images offensive to Muslims 26 January 2015, 12:10
- Peskov would like "Leviathan" movie to be released in Russia 26 January 2015, 10:06
- Duma calls on journalists not to incite religious hatred 26 January 2015, 10:05
- Warsaw's stance insults memory of Auschwitz liberators - FJCR head 23 January 2015, 13:17
- Russia could be one of world's last civilizations - Church official 23 January 2015, 10:16
- Dagestan leader slams insults to Muslims' religious feelings 23 January 2015, 10:05
- Russia needs to revive Soviet-era sense of solidarity - Patriarch Kirill 22 January 2015, 19:11
- Russian political parties must not destroy basic values - patriarch Kirill 22 January 2015, 19:01
- Russian bishop blasts child euthanasia, abortions 22 January 2015, 18:13
- Lavrov considers caricatures on religious topics tasteless 22 January 2015, 10:44
- Church will support fight against nationalism and Nazism - Patriarch 22 January 2015, 10:19
- U.S., French, Israeli flags burned during Baku protest against Muhammad cartoons 21 January 2015, 18:37
- Russian Church expresses solidarity with Muslims who protested in Grozny 21 January 2015, 10:03