09 September 2005, 18:22
Author of the Mosque of Notre Dame de Paris hopes her book will help Christians come back to Christ
Moscow, September 9, Interfax - Author Elena Chudinova of the Mosque of Notre Dame de Paris book that caused a stir, does not think that her novel makes inter-religious strife.
Interfax correspondent reports that a journalist called the presentation of the book at the All-Union Exhibition Centre on Friday unconstitutional. She considers the book to be politically incorrect.
The author responded that ‘as the Muslims propagate their religion, Christians can do likewise’.
‘My novel does not make inter-religious strife, but rather invites Christians to come back to Christ’, Chudinova underscored.
Press secretary Olga Golosova of Lepta-Press publishing house said: ‘When people abandon Christ, their souls become empty. This emptiness is filled by Islam in Western Europe’.
Popular frontman Mikhail Leontiev said at the presentation that he liked the idea. Leontiev invited the readers not to be afraid of a possible negative reaction. ‘Brawlers do not mind how to interpret the book - they will make a row anyway’, he emphasized.
‘Notre Dame de Paris Mosque’ is an antiutopia, the action takes place in the mid-21st century. Islam becomes the EU state religion, while Christians and other Europeans are forced to live in ghetto. A small group of the Resistance movement refuses to live according to the Shariat laws and fight for their rights with the new masters of Europe.
- Ban on adoption of Russian children by gays is Russia's sovereign choice - Russian Orthodox Church 19 June 2013, 13:49
- G8 concerned by the increasingly sectarian nature of the Syrian conflict 19 June 2013, 10:29
- Baptist dissenters hold "illegal religious gatherings" in Uzbekistan – media 18 June 2013, 15:14
- Human rights center of World Russian People's Council asks to recognize Judas and Jesus cartoon as extremist 17 June 2013, 15:07
- Prokhorov opposes homosexuality propaganda ban 17 June 2013, 13:14
- Secret religious schools with kidnapped pupils discovered in Tajikistan 17 June 2013, 12:33
- Patriarch Kirill visits Estonia 15 June 2013, 12:53
- To invite priest to a wedding in "en vogue" in China 14 June 2013, 14:09
- Female painter decorates a church in Volgograd Region on her own 14 June 2013, 14:08
- One of United Russia leaders slams Western criticism of gay propaganda bill 14 June 2013, 10:07
- Man goes on the rampage in Moscow church 14 June 2013, 10:02
- Putin says important to preserve interethnic, interreligious peace in Russia 13 June 2013, 18:02
- Same-sex unions may become European value – Russian MP 13 June 2013, 17:31
- Decision to transfer Schneerson library to Tolerance Center is Solomon's decision - Russia's chief rabbi 13 June 2013, 17:10
- Putin hopes that transferring Schneerson library to Jewish Museum will resolve issue (updated) 13 June 2013, 16:22
- Patriarch Kirill to visit Estonia 13 June 2013, 13:29
- Russia will reject Germany's criticism of homosexuality propaganda bill - Duma deputy 13 June 2013, 10:04
- Russian LGBT leader to sue co-author of bill on fines for homosexual propaganda 13 June 2013, 10:02
- Putin says he, his wife were not married in church 11 June 2013, 20:04
- Bill on fines for homosexual propaganda among minors passes Duma 11 June 2013, 19:55
- Duma passes bill criminalizing insults to religious believer's feelings (updated) 11 June 2013, 17:45
- Head of Muslim Union of Kazakhstan released after seven days 11 June 2013, 17:42
- Most Russians want propaganda of homosexuality to be banned – poll 11 June 2013, 15:47
- OIC to continue working on legitimization of Palestinian state 11 June 2013, 15:43
- HRW urges Russia not to pass bill banning propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations 11 June 2013, 11:56
- Covert Islamic group leader convicted in Uzbekistan 10 June 2013, 16:19
- State Duma to ban adoptions of children by same-sex couples next week 10 June 2013, 14:26
- Anti-clerical rally held in Tomsk 10 June 2013, 10:04
- Monks shouldn't use Internet - Patriarch Kirill 10 June 2013, 10:03
- Patriarch Kirill: Russia-Greece relations rest on Orthodoxy 10 June 2013, 10:00