29 May 2007, 15:36
Orthodox-Catholic consultations to be held in Moscow
Moscow, May 29, Interfax - President of the Council of European Bishops Conferences (CCEE) Peter Erdo is expected to arrive in Moscow on June 11 to participate in Orthodox-Catholic consultations.
An inter-confessional meeting will be held at the initiative of the Moscow Patriarchate department for external church relations. The subject of the consultations is "Anthropological and ethical foundations of the ecclesiastical teaching on social organization, human rights and personal dignity," Interfax was told at the DECR on Tuesday.
The Russian Orthodox Church will be represented by the head of the department, Metropolitan of Smolensk and Kaliningrad Kirill, as well as employees of the Moscow Patriarchate DECR. From the Catholic Church's side, representatives of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace and the Vatican's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith will take part in the meeting.
This will be the first official visit by Cardinal Erdo as CCEE head after elections in October 2006 during the CCEE plenary assembly in St. Petersburg.
It is planned that the cardinal will visit the Holy Trinity St. Sergius Lavra, the Butovo testing ground, the Kremlin, and the Christ the Savior Cathedral.
Cardinal Erdo, archbishop of Estergom and Budapest, is also a primate of the Catholic Church of Hungary.
He recently proposed holding an annual Orthodox-Catholic forum on acute problems of modernity.
"Cooperation between Orthodox believers and Catholics in Europe is necessary to defend Christian values," the cardinal said at a press conference in Rome in early May.
- Patriarch Kirill calls on believers to refrain from visiting churches amid coronavirus pandemic 29 March 2020, 20:09
- Opera singer Svetlana Kasyan hospitalized with coronavirus 28 March 2020, 18:10
- Patriarch Kirill prays for the end of pandemic 28 March 2020, 17:58
- The Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia will give Pesach food sets to all parishioners 28 March 2020, 17:55
- Case of leader of Aum Shinrikyo group in Russia sent to prosecutor 26 March 2020, 19:27
- Belarusian Orthodox Church doesn't plan to cancel Easter processions 26 March 2020, 16:25
- Russian Orthodox Church shows understanding of Sobyanin's advice not to attend service but says churches will stay open 26 March 2020, 15:08
- Sobyanin asks Muscovites not to visit religious sites 26 March 2020, 10:49
- Ukrainian monasteries will assign premises for Covid-19 patients 25 March 2020, 19:24
- FJCR closes all its synagogues in Russia 25 March 2020, 15:49
- Monastery south of Moscow thrown away dozens of dogs, police was told they miraculously flew away 24 March 2020, 17:40
- Lukashenko on coronavirus: If we get through until Orthodox Easter, we'll live 24 March 2020, 14:40
- Kyrgyz missionary contracts Covid-19 in Pakistan - Kyrgyz Foreign Ministry 23 March 2020, 14:40
- Georgian churches to let in max. 10 people in state of emergency - premier 23 March 2020, 12:29
- Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia's council postponed due to coronavirus 20 March 2020, 19:52
- Rabbi beaten to death in Dagestan 20 March 2020, 19:12
- Friday prayers cancelled in Moscow's mosques 20 March 2020, 13:33
- Tajikistan lifts ban on joint prayers in mosques 19 March 2020, 19:02
- Russian Orthodox Church does not exclude usage of plastic spoons for Communion 18 March 2020, 16:43
- Chief rabbi of Russia closes his synagogue 18 March 2020, 14:12
- Russian Synod orders increased sanitary measures at all dioceses with coronavirus 18 March 2020, 10:40
- Cathedral of Christ the Savior receives bomb threat on Tue 18 March 2020, 10:38
- Russian Church introduces exceptional measures for coronavirus prevention 17 March 2020, 19:00
- Leader of Pentecostals considers coronavirus a sign of coming Apocalypse 17 March 2020, 14:46
- Moscow's stance on Alexander Metochion in Jerusalem deals with reinstatement of Russia's property rights - Russian Embassy in Israel 17 March 2020, 11:12
- Rectors of Moscow churches will help elderly parishioners to buy and deliver food to their homes 17 March 2020, 11:08
- Russian Orthodox Church won't abolish liturgies even if coronavirus spreads 17 March 2020, 11:05
- Russian Church urges not to panic because of coronavirus 17 March 2020, 11:03
- Moldova closes churches 13 March 2020, 19:56
- Russian Jews reject idea that coronavirus sign of world ending 13 March 2020, 16:22