29 May 2007, 15:36
Orthodox-Catholic consultations to be held in Moscow
Moscow, May 29, Interfax - President of the Council of European Bishops Conferences (CCEE) Peter Erdo is expected to arrive in Moscow on June 11 to participate in Orthodox-Catholic consultations.
An inter-confessional meeting will be held at the initiative of the Moscow Patriarchate department for external church relations. The subject of the consultations is "Anthropological and ethical foundations of the ecclesiastical teaching on social organization, human rights and personal dignity," Interfax was told at the DECR on Tuesday.
The Russian Orthodox Church will be represented by the head of the department, Metropolitan of Smolensk and Kaliningrad Kirill, as well as employees of the Moscow Patriarchate DECR. From the Catholic Church's side, representatives of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace and the Vatican's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith will take part in the meeting.
This will be the first official visit by Cardinal Erdo as CCEE head after elections in October 2006 during the CCEE plenary assembly in St. Petersburg.
It is planned that the cardinal will visit the Holy Trinity St. Sergius Lavra, the Butovo testing ground, the Kremlin, and the Christ the Savior Cathedral.
Cardinal Erdo, archbishop of Estergom and Budapest, is also a primate of the Catholic Church of Hungary.
He recently proposed holding an annual Orthodox-Catholic forum on acute problems of modernity.
"Cooperation between Orthodox believers and Catholics in Europe is necessary to defend Christian values," the cardinal said at a press conference in Rome in early May.
- Most of the priests from Africa who joined the Russian Church have already received the right from Moscow to celebrate the liturgy 27 January 2022, 17:07
- Candles lit in Moscow in memory of the Holocaust victims 27 January 2022, 17:00
- Supporters of caliphate are among those detained in Kazakhstan during the January riots 27 January 2022, 16:53
- Holocaust Remembrance Day reinstated at Russian schools 27 January 2022, 10:16
- Russian Church reports a daily increase in the number of its parishes in Africa 26 January 2022, 10:12
- Russian delegation to PACE rejects accusations that LGBT people harassed in Chechnya 25 January 2022, 14:43
- Russian Church tightens coronavirus-related restrictions at Moscow churches 24 January 2022, 17:11
- House of Romanov hails Russian Orthodox Church's plans to recognize authenticity of 'Yekaterinburg remains' 24 January 2022, 10:03
- Nothing hinders recognition of authenticity of royal family's remains - Russian Orthodox Church member 24 January 2022, 10:00
- Christmas parliamentary meetings postponed indefinitely due to coronavirus situation 21 January 2022, 17:53
- Former Metropolitan Vladimir of St. Petersburg died at the age of 92 19 January 2022, 20:35
- Putin didn't take Epiphany ice plunge this year 19 January 2022, 13:35
- State Duma passes bill on life sentence for pedophiles 18 January 2022, 18:18
- Anti-Semitism is on the rise in Germany - Deputy Ambassador 18 January 2022, 18:16
- The head of Yakutia took part in Epiphany bathing in a 40-degree frost 18 January 2022, 18:10
- Patriarch Kirill admitted that part of the world Orthodoxy will go into schism 18 January 2022, 18:05
- Death penalty impossible in Russia - State Duma committee head 12 January 2022, 15:46
- Russian Orthodox Church works out a program of comprehensive presence in Africa 12 January 2022, 15:01
- Kazakh president urges preventing merger of criminality, religious extremism 11 January 2022, 11:38
- Russian Orthodox Church against lifting moratorium on death penalty 08 January 2022, 19:27
- Patriarch Kirill hopes Covid-19 pandemic will be over 07 January 2022, 19:28
- Patriarch Kirill prays for peace in Kazakhstan at Christmas service 07 January 2022, 19:26
- Patriarch Kirill concerned about the shortsightedness of politicians who speak to Russia from a position of strength 07 January 2022, 12:59
- Putin notes moral significance of Christmas 07 January 2022, 10:25
- Russian Orthodox Church sets up Patriarchal Exarchate of Africa 30 December 2021, 10:00
- Russian Church admits over 100 Patriarchate of Alexandria clerics as its members (updated) 29 December 2021, 17:56
- Russian govt orders monitoring of violations of citizens' rights along ethnic, religious lines 29 December 2021, 12:23
- Russian Church considers the long-term isolation of criminals no less effective than death penalty 29 December 2021, 11:30
- Russia not to reinstate death penalty in coming years - Presidential Human Rights Council member 29 December 2021, 11:14
- Group for protection of Christian values created at State Duma 29 December 2021, 11:12