08 August 2007, 16:20
Capitalism to follow Communism in collapse, spokesman for the Moscow Patriarchate says
Moscow, August 8, Interfax - A representative for the Russian Orthodox Church has foretold collapse of the Capitalist system.
‘Nazism fell, Communism fell, and so Capitalism is going to fall in a few decades. The political framework of capitalism is doomed,’ the vice-chair of the Moscow Patriarchate Department for External Church Relations Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin said Wednesday during the press conference at Interfax’s central office in Moscow.
According to him, ‘no society based of only priorities earthly human life is capable of surviving.’ ‘Any society that declares the man to be God is doomed. Capitalism and its political system is doomed just as Marxism and Nazism and their political systems were doomed,’ he said.
In this connection he added that ‘discussion about place of religion of the life of society and about what should be the basis of the society, is not finished; it only begins.’
According to him, ‘the historic aspects touched during the discussion, unmask the mythic belief that a social system, based on earthly human interests, is ideal.’
The ‘scientific worldview’ myth has already been unmasked during the discussion, Chaplin said. ‘Science and worldview is not the same. The scientific ideology and what was declared to be ‘scientific worldview’ failed to bring about a good social order and explain the origin of things,’ he said.
According to Chaplin, ‘any attempt to base social order on natural sciences or humanities means ideologization.’ ‘There cannot be a universal ideology, a science-based worldview, neither can such a view be made an obligatory non-alternative basis for education. Scientific ideology cannot be an obligatory state ideology without any other choice,’ he said.
Meanwhile Fr. Vsevolod noted that ‘the church should not be an instrument of the authorities, a part of the state machine.’ ‘However the church cannot be separated from the society, since the church includes not only men in black but also artists, writers, businesspeople, soldiers, and all who identify themselves as Orthodox Christians. Of course they have influenced and will influence the life of state and society,’ he said.
‘It would be wrong and contrary to our modern constitutional principles to prevent that,’ he said.
- Liberalism not useful for Russians - Russian Orthodox Church's rep 18 October 2019, 18:55
- Ukraine's chief rabbi demands that perpetrators, organizers of anti-Semitic provocation in Kiev be brought to justice 18 October 2019, 15:56
- Russian parish in Miami goes over to Constantinople Patriarchate 18 October 2019, 15:28
- Patriarch Kirill compares abortion practice to pagan sacrifices 18 October 2019, 15:26
- Patriarch Kirill calls on Russians to support ROC on situation with division in global Orthodoxy 18 October 2019, 15:22
- Russian Orthodox Church will not bless pilgrimages to Greek dioceses supporting new church of Ukraine 17 October 2019, 18:26
- Synod authorizes Patriarch Kirill to stop mentioning head of Greek Orthodox Church if it associates itself with OCU 17 October 2019, 17:36
- Traditional moral values, democracy can coexist - Patriarch Kirill 14 October 2019, 20:22
- Patriarch Kirill could visit Korean Peninsula next June 14 October 2019, 20:09
- Holy Synod of Moscow Patriarchate to assess Church of Greece decision to recognize OCU this fall 13 October 2019, 20:45
- Greek Orthodox Church hierarchs recognize OCU autocephaly 13 October 2019, 20:44
- New Syrian constitution must guarantee interests of all ethnic, religious groups - Putin 13 October 2019, 20:36
- Alma-Ata police conduct searches at Jehovah's Witnesses office 13 October 2019, 20:35
- Kardashian was named Egine after baptizing in Armenia 11 October 2019, 10:47
- Three Russian Islamist women accused of killing prison guard in Pakistan 11 October 2019, 10:45
- Man hurt in shooting near monastery in southern Urals 11 October 2019, 10:33
- Today's methods for countering anti-Semitism insufficient - FJCR 11 October 2019, 10:32
- Daughter, son-in-law of Orenburg priest charged with child molestation left in custody 09 October 2019, 14:12
- Two Jehovah's Witnesses released from custody, placed under house arrest in Russia's Primorye 08 October 2019, 13:38
- Kardashian baptized children in Armenia 08 October 2019, 10:12
- Georgian patriarch hopes for German president to facilitate settlement of Transcaucasia's crises 08 October 2019, 10:07
- Patriarch Kirill congratulates Western Europe's 'Russian exarchate' on rejoining Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:03
- Russian Exarchate to keep financial independence, traditions within Russian Orthodox Church 08 October 2019, 10:00
- Russian Orthodox Church Synod includes in it former Constantinople 'Russian exarchate' (updated) 07 October 2019, 15:46
- FJCR announcing two new synagogues in Crimea 04 October 2019, 10:00
- The Maronite Patriarchate denies it has recognized the OCU 04 October 2019, 10:00
- Bashkir hunter shot the priest taking him for a bear 03 October 2019, 11:57
- Chasids leave Uman 02 October 2019, 20:15
- Russian religious donators give Syria school worth $300,000 30 September 2019, 15:57
- The Russian Orthodox Church official believes Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia are persecuted for extremism, not faith 30 September 2019, 13:57