08 August 2007, 16:20
Capitalism to follow Communism in collapse, spokesman for the Moscow Patriarchate says
Moscow, August 8, Interfax - A representative for the Russian Orthodox Church has foretold collapse of the Capitalist system.
‘Nazism fell, Communism fell, and so Capitalism is going to fall in a few decades. The political framework of capitalism is doomed,’ the vice-chair of the Moscow Patriarchate Department for External Church Relations Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin said Wednesday during the press conference at Interfax’s central office in Moscow.
According to him, ‘no society based of only priorities earthly human life is capable of surviving.’ ‘Any society that declares the man to be God is doomed. Capitalism and its political system is doomed just as Marxism and Nazism and their political systems were doomed,’ he said.
In this connection he added that ‘discussion about place of religion of the life of society and about what should be the basis of the society, is not finished; it only begins.’
According to him, ‘the historic aspects touched during the discussion, unmask the mythic belief that a social system, based on earthly human interests, is ideal.’
The ‘scientific worldview’ myth has already been unmasked during the discussion, Chaplin said. ‘Science and worldview is not the same. The scientific ideology and what was declared to be ‘scientific worldview’ failed to bring about a good social order and explain the origin of things,’ he said.
According to Chaplin, ‘any attempt to base social order on natural sciences or humanities means ideologization.’ ‘There cannot be a universal ideology, a science-based worldview, neither can such a view be made an obligatory non-alternative basis for education. Scientific ideology cannot be an obligatory state ideology without any other choice,’ he said.
Meanwhile Fr. Vsevolod noted that ‘the church should not be an instrument of the authorities, a part of the state machine.’ ‘However the church cannot be separated from the society, since the church includes not only men in black but also artists, writers, businesspeople, soldiers, and all who identify themselves as Orthodox Christians. Of course they have influenced and will influence the life of state and society,’ he said.
‘It would be wrong and contrary to our modern constitutional principles to prevent that,’ he said.
- Deputy Milonov proposes easing receipt of Russian citizenship for "spiritually insulted" Europeans 04 December 2013, 15:49
- Moscow, Antioch Patriarchates call for release of kidnapped Syrian nuns 04 December 2013, 15:47
- Catholic priest suspected of high treason released from Belarusian KGB cell pending trial - Apostolic Nunciature 04 December 2013, 14:23
- Russia wants terror attacks stopped against religious figures, worship sites in Syria 04 December 2013, 12:16
- Lawyer: Russian priest accused of pedophilia remains in Israel 04 December 2013, 10:10
- Russians still trust president, Church the most - poll 04 December 2013, 10:09
- Conflicts on former Soviet soil should be settled peacefully - Russian Church 03 December 2013, 15:28
- Muslim organization leader appointed head of new Kazakh movement 03 December 2013, 14:39
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin calls for fight against destructive sects 02 December 2013, 17:43
- Reward pledged in Tatarstan for info on church arsonists 02 December 2013, 17:24
- Orthodox Christians to hold sacred procession in Kiev 02 December 2013, 13:51
- Religious organization in Taganrog illegally treated drug-dependent people 02 December 2013, 10:18
- The Bible will be translated into modern Russian language 02 December 2013, 10:17
- Head of Ukrainian Orthodox Church condemn Maidan dispersal 02 December 2013, 10:11
- FEMEN activist strips near Kiev Laura of the Caves against dictatorship 02 December 2013, 10:09
- Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin advises Orthodox countries not to adopt Western democracy models 29 November 2013, 10:05
- Minaret built in Georgian village at night 29 November 2013, 10:03
- Hizb ut-Tahrir recruiter detained in Kyrgyzstan 28 November 2013, 12:03
- Too early to discuss time, place of meeting of Patriarch Kirill, Pope Francis - Russian Church 28 November 2013, 10:13
- Patriarch Kirill expressed concerns about exodus by Christians from Iraq 27 November 2013, 14:29
- 15 At Takfir Wal-Hijra members detained in Moscow - Interior Ministry 27 November 2013, 10:24
- Putin: Russia, Vatican have similar positions on many issues 27 November 2013, 10:22
- Russian Church calls for broad debate of idea for special role of Orthodox faith in Constitution 27 November 2013, 10:01
- Putin, pontiff compare positions on global affairs - Russian Orthodox Church cleric 26 November 2013, 14:59
- Russian president's meeting with Pope Francis lasted longer than planned 26 November 2013, 10:16
- Special role of Orthodox Church should be stated in Constitution - Nilov 26 November 2013, 10:02
- Patriarch Kirill opposed to any forms of convergence of Church and state 25 November 2013, 14:36
- Human rights ombudsman criticizes idea to include premise on Orthodoxy's role in Russia in constitution 25 November 2013, 10:16
- Group of Duma deputies mulling mentioning of "Orthodoxy's special role" in Russian Constitution 25 November 2013, 10:14
- Priest Grozovsky's trip to Israel officially stopped - diocese 25 November 2013, 10:09